IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: buff revamp

its debatable, but to treat DM differently then the above would be unfair. the original statement i posed was questioning one of the outcomes of having to increase the buff duration of skills, which is making DM stronger. IMO, it should have been 5 minutes, but i dont program for nexon so my words have no real meaning.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Just make certain buffs have longer durations. This isn't an "All or None" option here. You make a good chunk of them last 3/5/10min and keep certain core ones (ex. Dark Meta) their current duration. It's not like Majesty now suddenly lasts 3 minutes instead of its current 30sec. I fail to see the problem here.

3. Default Re: buff revamp

No, what would be unfair was to treat buffs that require a tradeoff in the same way. If I added to that list Soul stars, we'd have practically inifinity stars, but otherwise, it should stay at the time it has, because you have to use 200 stars beforehand. Just like the 30 seconds hyper dealing nice bonus poison damage, with a cooldown to counter spamming it.

Just select what you need, it's not making all the same treatment, and Demon Slayer isn't the only one with those.

4. Default Re: buff revamp

How about just making some buffs ON/OFF, and some have different durations?

Examples:

Booster: ON/OFF
    You're just boosting yourself to fight, what's the big deal? No one even ever attacks without Booster.
    Still dispellable by bosses just to annoy you.

Wind Booster: 10 minutes duration (currently lasts 5.5 min at max level)
    It's a party support skill, considered a mild buff, you should rebuff your party every now and then.
    Still dispellable to annoy you.

Magic Guard: ON/OFF
    Same case as Booster, any mage that has it is never without it, ever. Unless you're a Cleric killing low level mobs.
    Still undispellable by bosses, the way it is now and we waited so long to be.

Shadow Partner & Mirror Image: ON/OFF
    Another skill which screams "battle mode on!", and you'll never want to attack without it, unless you're killing low level mobs.
    Still dispellable by bosses just to annoy you, maybe make it use a summoning rock again.

Dark Metamorphosis: 3 minutes duration
    This is considered a "berserk" buff, which will boost your power for a short amount of period, shouldn't be ON/OFF
    Undispellable

Infinity: 1 minute duration
    This is considered a "berserk" buff, which will boost your power for a short amount of period, shouldn't be ON/OFF
    Undispellable, has a cooldown

Feline Berserk: 3 minutes duration
    Undispellable, has a cooldown

Advanced Bless: 10 minutes duration (currently lasts 4 minutes)
    This is considered a milld buff, like most party buffs should be, same as Wind Booster from before.
    Dispellable.

Sharp Eyes: 10 minutes duration (currently lasts 5.5 minutes)
    Another mild buff, just like Advanced Bless and Wind Booster.
    Dispellable.

Well, you get the drift. Basically there are 3 categories:
    -ON/OFF, these are self skills, your way to enter battle mode, dispellable unless essential like Magic Guard
    -Party buffs with long duration, dispellable
    -Berserk buffs, short duration with cooldown, undispellable, gives you a sort of glorified state for a short while

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

For the record. I'm pretty sure Feline Berserk loses its cooldown with Unlimited, along with Call of the Wild.

6. Default Re: buff revamp

I really dont like the idea of buffing the duration of skills in maple. Some skills just give too much advatange over others, why shouldnt they be needed to recast them to continue having that bonus? In wow you have silly skills like 5% stat bonus or something for 30 min, thats like our version of maple warrior, thats probably why its so high aswell (900 sec maxed).

If anything they should only apply this long duration to self skills and force you to cast party skills more often, that I could agree on, but obviously some skills like kaiser majesty should stay at its current rate. Still defeats the purpose of rebuffing tho, like shadow partner cast time is pretty long.

7. Default Re: buff revamp

And yet if they don't have a cooldown they're up 100% of the time anyways, so you're "some skills are too good to have a longer duration" point is moot. That also goes for skills that have a "cooldown," (think Call of the Wild where when maxed it's duration = cooldown).

And then you have skills like Maple Warrior and Magic Guard that have really long durations for almost no reason. I don't think I've ever used all 600 seconds of Magic Guard before since I just recast it with Booster and Meditation. I think the few cases I have made it through were in bosses where I don't always use my macros.

I don't get what you mean by "the purpose of rebuffing." You would still have to rebuff, it just wouldn't be every two minutes. If you're not going to make buffs last longer, at least give party buffs full-party (so long as they're in the map) or full-map range.

8. Default Re: buff revamp

And then you have skills like Maple Warrior and Magic Guard that have really long durations for almost no reason. I don't think I've ever used all 600 seconds of Magic Guard before since I just recast it with Booster and Meditation. I think the few cases I have made it through were in bosses where I don't always use my macros./QUOTE] This is probably the main reason why buff duration of stolen skills were reduced in the first place. Phantoms were used for multi mule while grinding, 180 sec hs was too good for being a stolen skill, therefor it was nerfed to 108 sec (40% less duration) so it would have the same effect, but you need to cast it more. Do you want mules to be easy to use?

Example:
    Person 1: Hey person 2, can you hs me for 4 hours?
    Person 2: Sure, but I will be playing a different game meanwhile so wont be hsing you more than once every 10 min.
    Person 1: Thats fine, it last 15 min anyway :D.

Thats what I mean for being too good to have longer duration. Selfbuffs can be debatable but skills like HS, SI, SE, Adv bless & all other party skills that make a difference should not be increased, they are already past 3 min atm and that should be more than enough.

Rebuffing takes time and can cause death if you dont do it in the right spot, an example of this is at root of abyss boss vellum. If you as a mercedes stand next to his tail and rebuff (a merc have an avg of 5 to 8 sec of rebuffing time) you can easily die, removing the purpose of rebuffing eliminates the fear factor of rebuffing since he can 1hko you within those 5 to 8 sec if you arent careful enough.

And if you people really want to remove the need of rebuffing too much, buy a pet that can do it for you. I have 3 pets that give me w.att bonus so I decided to buy the rebuffing skill on them since its my only main char. Obviously this wont be cheap to keep perm for GMS, but in EMS pets never lose their skills (they learn skills instead of using items) so all you have to pay for is the water of life. I put my longest casting spells on this and my rebuffing only includes decent se, booster, spirit surge and mw atm (Ignis Roar, Water shield & ancient warding on pets). This will also help your survivability, for some classes at least. You could almost say that these 3 skills I got on my pets are passive skills, since they will always be on, even if Im stunned.