1. Cash1 How to get more listeners to my music?

[]
    Last edited by 37yen; 2018-12-04 at 12:34 AM.

2. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

Advertise as much as possible.

3. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

[]
    Last edited by 37yen; 2018-12-04 at 12:44 AM.

4. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

Then you won't get listeners. You don't have to make it as intrusive as most ads, just making threads where appropriate might do too.

5. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

Pay someone to advertise your music or find a really huge community that is willing to listen to your music.
    I'd go with paying someone since it's their job essentially to get the music out there anyway.

Edit: Also, what helps is if you can try playing at gigs with your music. I have a friend that became much more popular in his area by just playing at Hookah Bars, Bars, or any other place he could find. Granted, the money isn't the best in the world, but it did help him acquire new fans.

6. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

[]
    Last edited by 37yen; 2018-12-04 at 12:40 AM.

7. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

As an avid electronic music listener, here are some suggestions I'd like to make:

1. Consider reading up on song structures, as the structure in this song is kind of weird. It seems to go chorus>transition>chorus>outro.

2. You song needs more width, depth, and variety to keep the audience engaged, if you can understand what I mean. Throughout the song I only heard I think 3 similar sounding synths repeating the same few bars over and over. Things got boring really quickly. Listen to the electronic songs you like and try to dissect and examine them thoroughly as to why they sound good and incorporate it in your own songs

8. Default Re: How to get more listeners to my music?

For me, what happened was that I put something I wrote into a maple video I made years and years ago, which somehow got over 100,000 views, and since then, whenever I DID make maple videos (which hasn't been forever), I stuck things that I wrote and played myself in them. Some people enjoyed it, and went to my blog to listen to other things that I've written, and that was that. I never really did any advertising other than posting the video on some maple forums to get feedback and other than that, I haven't done anything.

It really depends what you consider to be "a lot of views". Something I just stuck up on youtube now has 2.6k views after 3 years without ever telling anyone about it. They just came from people who watched my maple videos 7-8 years ago (somehow) I think...I really have no idea. I sometimes wonder what would've happened if I actually did something with it, instead of just making those 6 videos (most of the views came from 3 videos) and stopping there. Oh well.

My opinion though? Good music speaks for itself. In a society where people want to share everything, when you make something that people love, they'll share it naturally. "Hey, I stumbled across this awesome song. Lemme show you" "Woah, its so cool! Im gonna show my friends too, because I think they'd like it!" Naturally, you have to find the start, and there is an element of luck to it, but I've always believed that instead of worrying about an audience, worry about the quality of your work (not to say that what you have is bad. I don't listen to electronic music much, so I wouldnt be able to judge). A very idealistic view of it, I know. However, that's just my thoughts on the matter. Good luck!