Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

Most of the ones autobanned recently apparently were maining phantoms:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...ned%26nxid%3D6

Are the ones getting billingpp banned mostly maining phantoms too?

2. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I don't think there's a relation although the OP's main appears to be a Phantom, because:

That being said it sure is a bad time to be a Phantom anywhere but logged out.

3. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I do not main a Phantom and I have not even logged on to mine the past 2 months, so it's definitely not related to the Phantom ban issue.
    And it's definitely not the duped items issue either, since I don't even own any duped items.

4. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

So it seems like Nexon has locked the thread without giving any explanations.

Quality customer service as always.

For anyone who has gone through this before, how long does it take for the billingpp people to reply?

5. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

It's like 4 days or so, and don't expect much over the weekend.

It's like the same exact thing happening where some of us got billingPP blocked several months ago.

Read over this thread -> http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=60123
    It has responses and stuff when some of us e-mailed billingPP. We speculated that a rollback caused some virtual charge back and triggered those blocks, but Nexon says otherwise with unauthorized access. They removed threads and links that has the same subject as well as banned most of the people for starting a topic about it. In my case, I was blocked while online and trying to switch characters and before the 2x events.

Not sure what triggered it this time, but they'll probably give you a bogus excuse when they decide to unblock accounts to cover their face.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

Not sure if anyone saw but:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/new...ngs-03-13-2013

7. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I'm not about to buy that fully. It might account for some of the bans but I'm certain not all of the bans had anything to do with this, accidentally or otherwise.

8. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

Thanks for the knowledge. Sucks that I'm going to miss the hot time and 2x, but oh well. :/

All of these bannings happened after that notice on March 14th. So this is a completely different issue.

9. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

false bannings incident #6892792879872684294297927972987

10. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I guess the message is, if you want NX, go to Walgreens, since I see no MTS or full cash shop trade coming in the future.

11. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

Prepaid = Karma Koin though, right? Looks like I'll have to wait before I use the cards I just bought today for hair coupons. :(

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Sorry for going back to the topic of nx transactions but I wanted to post my few cents.

I haven't ever bought nx from players, but it's only because I haven't either found the money or a trusty seller.

I don't agree that Nexon loses money due to nx sellers. If this would be the case, why do you think they would introduce things like MTS and Cash Trade? There's plenty of maplers that can't or don't want to buy nx. They just won't. With the ability to buy with mesos, they can milk money out of the nonpaying playerbase indirectly. They will pay with their time and effort (mesos) and the seller will gain mesos. Nexon benefits because the nxkids have a new reason to buy nx: easy mesos. Nx:meso rate will change based on supply and demand, and nowadays you can gain significant profit in mesos with 20 bucks. Nx transactions also make people choose buying nx for mesos over buying mesos from mesofarmers, which profits nexon in no way and supports botting and other illegit activity in game.

I think that everyone who read the ToS (unfortunately many don't) noticed the mention of buying and selling nx. I would argue that this is there simply, like in most other similar games, for legal reasons. It will protect Nexon from legal action incase some kid loses Nx to a scammer in game.
    They need clear evidence to ban for hacking (false auto bans are another story) and they have stated this several times. They have no infallible way to prove something the nature of buying nx nor do they have the resources to do so. They might not even want to, considering the benefits I noted above.

And generally, I know this line is old but "nearly no one is legit going by the ToS".

Please reconsider if you have ever broken ie. the following:

List goes on but you should get the point.

13. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I don't see why they couldn't do it. With Tot's know how the amount of "B>/S>Nx smegas " is numerous. And that's just one instance... If they can eavesdrop buddy/guild/alliance chat it would be impossible not to find someone doing it, every guild I've joined since BB always has someone B> or S> Nx. It's against the ToS anyway, I don't see why they wouldn't.
    Your "no one is legit" point is not only wrong but irrelevant. First, I've seen plenty of bans/actions against players for breaking any of those rules in the small list you posted. I doubt you haven't. GMs not taking actions often doesn't mean it's ok to break those rules. And that's why it's irrelevant.

14. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I don't know what you're trying to prove here.

Just because technically most of us aren't legit doesn't justify why you shouldn't get banned for doing anything on the list. By your logic, hackers shouldn't get banned because everyone else who breaks the ToS -like kill stealing, making sexual comments or being rude- doesn't.

Wasn't this also the basis for how Southperry moderates? ie. 'How come I got banned for this when X did the same thing (or worse) and got away with it?' is not a valid justification.

15. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...ge3%26nxid%3D6

16. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

That just really seems like their way of saying "Oops, we screwed up but don't want to admit that."

17. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

wtp are the people or Nexon doing with the accounts?
    I've never had these incidents EVER.
    Then again, I've received several mails from my Mail account at Live that my account has been tried to log on from somewhere in China.
    So maybe this is the case?

18. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

Maybe it has something to do with the exploitative nature of the community, with everyone and their 10+ hot time accounts.

19. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

I only have 2 accounts and haven't even bothered logging onto my mule account for the past 2 months.

20. Default Re: Accounts being Blocked.

You're grasping at straws. This is something that Nexon detected and flagged as "suspicious", and have required that those affected email billing to resolve it. Logging into multiple accounts under the same IP that has always logged into those accounts is not suspicious or flag-worthy by any means.