1. Default Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

http://www.pixelenemy.com/microsoft-...ected-in-june/

"Pando developed a file transfer service between P2P users, and made it the means of distribution based cloud service for games, video and software content giants, while active large file transfer service for consumers and businesses. The purchase was made in part to give Microsoft an advantage in sharing media files for the launch of the new Xbox gaming console is expected in June, and to compete with Sony, who revealed last month its future media console PlayStation 4.

More than 30 million users have installed the software Pando File Transfer, which allows sending free files size up to 1 GB – SATA. The clients of Pando one of American television network NBC Universal, which uses its own technology to deliver HD TV PC.
    In recent years the gaming industry has become the biggest client of Pando, thanks to technology that allows distribution of games with a volume of installation files over 1 GB – SATA. Its customers include Nexon, Riot Games, Turbine, Gala-Net and LevelUp"

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Ewww Pando.

3. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

So Xbox is now out of the question as the winner of the next gen console war... Wii U couldn't even beat the previous generation, so all hail PS4?

4. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

This post, my god, so much wrong. How is a p2p file sharing service going to make a console we haven't even seen out of the question?

5. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

The fact that Pando makes everything a little more sucky was what I aimed at. It was of course not a serious post, other than the Wii U remark.

6. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

I believe that Pando will be used to answer the PS4's ability to play a game you are still currently downloading.

7. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Ha! maybe, but the main reason behind it is to cut Microsofts download costs. And they'll still put it behind the Xbox live paywall.

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

So now not only do we have to pay all over again to use our own network when playing games, we also have to let Microsoft/Pando leech some of our bandwidth?

This is why I haven't owned a console ever.

9. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

It hasn't been announced, I'm just assuming because it's microsoft and they put every tiny little thing that you'd think should be free behind xbox lives paywall.

10. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

HEY GUYS, COMPUTER GAMING@@@@

I'm just pineappleing around but yeah that sucks.

11. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Wait, Pando is related to the Pando Media Booster stuff right?
    That's what my brain tells me for the last 5 minutes since I read this.

12. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Yes, they're the company responsible for Pando Media Booster, that's why the original post mentions Nexon as a customer of Pando.

13. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Maybe now Pando will work. NAAAAHHHH!

14. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Can't hail the PS4. They don't have any new things to "borrow" from any other developers yet.

15. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Microsoft software acquisitions rarely turn out well. Since Microsoft bought Skype I see bugs more often than before.

16. Default Re: Microsoft acquires Pando for $11 Million

Yep....a few friends I talk with had to stop using Skype to talk because it randomly decided that a bunch of our contacts blocked us after an update a few months back...even though none of us blocked each other and shows offline to some, and "Not having shared contact information" to the others.

Plus I've had issues where Skype just...decides not to send messages for days.

So yeah...my sarcasm was definitely there for a reason =P