Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Minimum critical damage

Hello everyone :)

First of all, I'd like to know if this formula for minimum damage is accurate:

([skill%]/100*[min range]*(1-[monster PDR]*(1-[my PDR]/100)/100)*[min crit dmg]/100)

On my NL I have max Critical Throw and a Critical ring, giving me +25% min crit damage. Inputting for my NL with QT on a 10 PDR monster, I get:

(293/100*55125*(1-10*(1-74/100)/100)*145/100) = 228109

Now the problem is, that this is what I get in game:

http://gyazo.com/752b6982642d17dca3106729c8c8e172 , 206k crit.

It's not the best screen, as I also see up to 27xk, which is what I get, when I replace my minimum range and crit damage with maximum in the formula.

So, if the above formula is correct, there's something wrong here.

Any ideas? :)

2. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Did anyone ever confirm that the crit ring min crit worked?

Because if not, then thats probably why?

3. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

He's hitting lower than what he would theoretically get even without the crit ring I believe.

4. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Believe he added the crit ring to the formula.

(293/100*55125*(1-10*(1-74/100)/100)*145/100) = 228109

Thats his min crit if the ring works, 135 is his min crit if it doesnt work.

5. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Well the number is like 212k with 135 instead of 145. That's still higher than 206k, which was his lowest number.

Oh Stoppie, did you make sure that your range when you took the pic is the same as your range in the calculations? It might be possible that a buff ran out or something.

6. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Oh yeah I forgot to add that I tried the calculation without the crit ring too.

And yes, I'm 100% sure I did it with the fully buffed range. I tested it multiple times to be sure, and I saw hits under 210k every time.

Can anyone confirm that the formula is correct?

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Minimum critical damage

if i remember correctly i tested the crit ring and it worked.

do you have any kind of buffs that are +total damage (like aaswan's 30% acc to damage, or bucanneer card) ?

edit: i did test it back then, but never posted pictures
    http://www.southperry.net/printthrea...4&pp=20&page=1

and your range is sitting at pretty much 85% mastery, so no +damage boosts, i have no clue what happens then ._.

8. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Yeah I don't have any +damage boosts. Could it be something with Critical Throw? Because if I substract the 15% from that and do the calculation with 130% min crit, the result is 204512, which is fairly close to the 206k. It just seems very weird if Critical Throw doesn't work. You'd think somebody would have noticed by now, if that was the case.

If anyone has an NL and this theory doesn't sound completely ridiculous to you, please do a quick test on this. I'd appreciate that :)

9. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Might just be bugged, where the minimum crit damage from the ring does not stack with the skill. Instead of taking the highest, it will always pick the ring.

10. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

I tried with another 2 att ring and I saw a 199k hit. So I can definitely conclude that the ring works. It doesn't affect Critical Throw though.

11. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Yeah, it seems like the 15% minimum critical damage from Critical Throw doesn't work. I hit way under what I'm supposed to be dealing. When I have the Critical Ring on, I never hit under at all during 3 minutes of testing.

12. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

...Wow.

How did this go unnoticed until now? WE NEED TICKETS.

13. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

There's not many NL's on SP, I guess. The ones on Basil in the sub-forum are always on about flaunting damage threads.

I really have no idea when it broke myself. It could've happened from Justice or even prior. I've always had my Critical Ring equipped since the first event it was originally attainable in.

14. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

Well, this could have extended to other classes aswell. Someone should test...

The more people affected, the more chances of it being fixed.

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i can't really check on my DrK anymore, but as of begginning of 2013, berzerk's min crit it worked

16. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

My Evans worked fine for min crit when I checked yesterday. I'll take a look at BaM later.

edit: I believe it's working properly for BaM too.
    Last edited by MountLag; 2013-03-13 at 12:47 PM.

17. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

It seems we've found the source of the problem then. Back when I was complaining about the Sudden Raid mastery issue (they really screwed up NLs didn't they?), I tried submitting a ticket but the instant respond told me to put it on the nexon forums. Nothing ever happened, so I'm sceptical. But I'd appreciate any help on gathering attention to this. It's kind of a big damage loss.

Thanks.

18. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Does level 1 QT have 10% pdr ignore too?
    If it does... Then I believe critical throw is bugged for MSEA too

19. Default Re: Minimum critical damage

No, but Dark Serenity/Harmony has passive PDR.

20. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Whoops.. Read the first post wrongly...
    needa go home and recount then ._.

edit :

(177/100*2513*(1-10*(1-1/100)/100)*135/100) = 5410
    lv 1 QT - 177%
    Min range: 2513
    1% ignore from amb..

lowest crit seen: 5310 :/
    Last edited by holycow; 2013-03-14 at 01:27 AM.