Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Today a user survey has been posted on the MapleStory homepage. The developers are asking for the feedback of users. They want to give a large update that exceeds our expectations.
    So I opened the survey and the first question is: ''What is the class of your main character''. Since I logged on with the account info of my Viper (Buccaneer), I was looking for the ''Adventurer Pirate branch''. BUT IT'S NOT THERE! Nexon forgot about us... I'm not filling it in until that option becomes available.

Since this is a user survey, I thought I could ask Southperry for feedback. I want to ask your most valuable feedback. How about this: I'll translate your English feedback in Korean and submit the user survey. I can do it twice. Because I have two separate accounts. The deadline to submit the user survey is March 31st.

Posts with the highest amount of pineapples are chosen. Is that cool?
    Most of the questions are multiple choice and some not. The available choices are in italics.

Last edited by Spadow; 2013-03-10 at 11:41 PM.

2. Default Re: MapleStory User Survey (Korean)

no matter what post gets upvoted, please put absolutely not

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: MapleStory User Survey (Korean)

I'll just fill it out just for the heck of it.

Spoiler

4. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

I would enjoy the story in Maplestory if it wasn't so fragmented. I mean, the whole thing is just a convoluted mess that gets lost in the details. It seems as though some older quests don't always reflect newer parts of the story, so it's very difficult to determine what's canon. Any concept of a timeline is just mind-numbingly stupid to figure out.

My suggestion would be this: streamline the story. Get rid of unnecessary side-plots. Make all of the old content compatible (story-wise) with new content. And for crying out loud, flesh the story out a bit. There is so much lore just thrown by the wayside (IE Why humans used to live near Orbis, etc.)

Big Bang was a fantastic start. They cleaned up the story and quests a bit, but it just wasn't enough.

Edit: To clarify, this should be Nexon's rule of thumb:

"Can we make 'x' area relevant to the story?"

Yes: streamline the story/quests.

No: convert it into a theme-dungeon.

5. Default Re: MapleStory User Survey (Korean)

The buying and selling system may be biased on our end since GMS and KMS have different economics/prices and GMS doesn't have the cash shop trading system (with all cash items, not from surprise style).

I would still put absolutely no though. I don't like how you have to pay NX for get good, unique/legendary potential.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

No, it is absolutely not.
    It is not.
    It is normal/so-so.
    Yes it is.
    Yes, very much.

Q1

Q2:
    200+

Q3

Q4

Q5
    Yes it is.

Q6
    Yes it is.

not feeling like answering the last ones atm, gotta go sleep.

7. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Curious, if we have a KMS account can we do this ourselves as well?

Q1. Do you think the balance between classes in MapleStory is appropriate?

Q2. For which level range should level up content be added?
    Lv. 171~180

Honestly, 160-200 needs real level up content, but I assume you can only pick one, so I feel like 171-180 is the biggest issue.

Q3. I am satisfied with the current buying and selling system for items.
    I'm not.

It shouldn't be a cash item to set up the simplest of stores. Almost every F2P MMO since MapleStory has allowed a simple store to be free, with better options for people who pay.

Q4. I am satisfied with the current item enchantment system (scrolls, potential, enhancement).
    No, I am absolutely not.

Speaks for itself, really

Q5. The story in MapleStory is fun and interesting.
    It's not.

It's honestly too fragmented and scattered to be fun and interesting. It never develops, it just...gets bigger and more complex somehow without actually really doing much, at least in my opinion.

Q6. The interface in MapleStory is familiar and convenient to use.
    Somewhat likely.

Familiar, but not convenient in many places. It needs more than the appearance revamp we got in Big Bang, it needs to be redone completely, especially when they're giving us another resolution increase. It needs to be adapted to the new resolution, and have the ease of use that MMOs of today have with their UIs. It's very clear that MS's UI is 9-10 years old, even if it looks flashier than it used to.

Q7. Please write what your most interesting moment was in MapleStory.
    Back in Beta, when it was beneficial to explore and experience the entire game. The game was interesting to play in general. It was exciting to enter a new area for the first time. Still is. Problem is that there's rarely a new area to enter.

Q8. Please write what moment in MapleStory left you with dissatisfaction/inconvenience.
    The very second potential was realized to be a cash grab and a power boost to the ridiculous extent that it is. The very most dissatisfying moment in MapleStory was when they added Legendary tier, because it's just so unnecessary, and so much worse.

Q9. Please write what should be updated in MapleStory?
    Useful quests. More diverse gameplay between classes. More class roles (everything shouldn't be DPS related). Reason to explore. Reason to use other areas. Less power split between slightly paying and excessively paying players.

Q10. Please write something about MapleStory.
    MapleStory used to be fun, until they switched from adding areas to adding class after class, and making every month a repeat of the previous month with a new character. There needs to be a reason to want to play old characters again, and a useless 50 new levels doesn't cut it.

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

My horrible responses.
    Spoiler

9. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Yes, but it's a survey in Korean. Questions and answers are in Korean. Therefore I suggested that the feedback from the posts with the highest amount of pineapples gets translated by me. This is more leaning towards question 7, 8, 9 and 10 since those are the only questions that require some text from the user.
    By the way, I like how you add your own thoughts to every question.

10. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

If we agree with the translated responses you could post them here, and we could copy them into our surveys. Would probably help get the point across on what at least some of the players want.

11. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Wut. everyone saying balance shouldn't be a priority?

12. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

I agree with you completely. My ideal solution would be a class-unique chain quest (IE Corsair's would be different from Buccaneer's). Make it on the level of Evan's, and give SP from doing the quests, or some other incentive. Also making sure that it isn't one new quest every 5 levels, or whatever (Re: Resistance), but consistent.

This way, no matter what class you made, it would be a guaranteed new experience (at least until you start making duplicate characters).

13. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

No, we're saying the current balance isn't appropriate.

14. Default Re: MapleStory User Survey (Korean)

Surveys are fun =3

Spoiler

Man, this is my longest post on this site =3
    Last edited by ChosenFruit; 2013-03-11 at 12:51 AM. Reason: messed up the spoiler tag, opps

15. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Posted a survey.

Spoiler

16. Default Re: MapleStory User Survey (Korean)

As with Polantaris I'll be elaborating on my thoughts in italics where appropriate. Darn close-ended questions being located where I want it to be open-ended.

Spoiler

17. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Poll for Q1.

Poll for Q2.

Poll for Q3.

Poll for Q4.

Poll for Q5.

Poll for Q6.

Maybe this will be more convenient for the first 6 questions.

@Spadow; Add these in your post if you want.
    Last edited by Killmeplsok; 2013-03-11 at 11:14 AM.

18. Default Re: MapleStory User Survey (Korean)

What is the class of your main character?
    Adventurer Pirate branch

Q1. Do you think the balance between classes in MapleStory is appropriate?
    (The fact that they even have to ask this is pretty funny)

Q2. For which level range should level up content be added?
    Level 191-200
    (I assume we must pick one of those level ranges, but really I think level 180-250 needs more content).

Q3. I am satisfied with the current buying and selling system for items.
    I'm not.
    (It shouldn't cost NX for a basic store permit, and Owls are the dumbest thing ever. Keep the Mushroom Permits NX only but regular stores and FM searching should be available to all players.)

Q4. I am satisfied with the current item enchantment system (scrolls, potential, enhancement).
    No, I am absolutely not.
    (Favors NX buyers too much. In my opinion, cubes should be available through in-game methods. Giving them as rewards for Quests or PQs would provide more incentive for people to do them.)

Q5. The story in MapleStory is fun and interesting.
    Yes it is.
    (But the problem is that there isn't much incentive to pay attention to it unless you actually care about it. The storyline has little to no effect on gameplay.)

Q6. The interface in MapleStory is familiar and convenient to use.
    Yes it is.
    (It could use an update though, to make it look more fresh like the item UI from Unlimited)

Q7. Please write what your most interesting moment was in MapleStory.
    It's hard to narrow it down to just one, but the most recent would be Root Abyss because it caters to a lot of players. The bosses are fun and can be taken down by an average party. The rewards are nice and the storyline is pretty interesting as well.

Q8. Please write what moment in MapleStory left you with dissatisfaction/inconvenience.
    When cubes were released. It started the massive power creep we've seen in the past 2 years. In particular, the Legends patch that released Mercedes and DS along with the Legendary tier. That started the trend of "release overpowered class -> nerf -> release even more overpowered class".

Q9. Please write what should be updated in MapleStory?
    Balance between classes improved. Classes should have more distinct roles instead of giving everyone similar skills. Quests and Party Quests should have better rewards and experience, maybe make them a good alternative to grinding. Also less NX dependency on the equipment system.

Q10. Please write something about MapleStory.
    It's a great game but it has many glaring flaws that need to be addressed. The power creep needs to stop.

19. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

OH! Now that I re read it with fresh eyes, it makes so much more sense! That was worded ambiguously.

20. Default Re: Let your voice be heard (Korean MapleStory user survey)

Yeah, I had to reread it a few times myself.