1. Default Cygnus Blessing (Cygnus Link Skill)

Being reminded of the relative ugliness of Revamped Cygnus in a discussion of the similarly questionable aesthetics of Hayato in another thread, I'm considering getting started on my Knights. Beyond the superficiality of it all, now might be a good time given the 10% bonus at the start of levels and I have nothing to do during 2X.

I remember at one time there might have been a sliding scale of stacking Cygnus Blessing (the Link Skill) in which each additional link reduces the percentage of each individual link. However, rereading the description of the Link, I cannot be sure if it has been changed or if I am reading it wrong.

From Max at Orange Mushroom's Blog:
    Cygnus Blessing: The awakened Empress’ blessing protects you from enemies’ attacks, increasing your resistance to states and elements by 5% (10% for level 2). If other Cygnus jobs exist within your account, you can stack this Link Skill up to 5 times. If linked, this skill’s effects will be reduced to 2% (5% for level 2). (Link Skill)

It no longer indicates that the skill will be reduced in efficacy, in fact, I think I got the idea originally from the last line, "reduced to 2%," but that's obviously like AB's description that as a Link Skill it is 2%/5%.

TL;DR: Will 5 Revamped Cygnus Link Skills stack to give 25% Status Resistance. Also, just for fun and not as important; could someone make five of the same CK?

2. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Default Re: Cygnus Blessing (Cygnus Link Skill)

I believe you can make more than one link skill character per account but you can only link the skill from one character to the other.

I.e.
    Link 1 can go to character 5 but link 2 can only go to characters other than link 1 or character 5.

3. Default Re: Cygnus Blessing (Cygnus Link Skill)

This is the skill you'll get on the person you link it to (I believe):
    Spoiler

So yeah, it goes up by 2%, then 5%, then 2% then 5%. Although I'm not sure how it would work if you link two level 1 skills... maybe I'm wrong. And you can't stack the Link Skills if they're not from different jobs.

4. Default Re: Cygnus Blessing (Cygnus Link Skill)

Thanks, that's exactly what I remember seeing but couldn't find. That skill table indicates the additivity I had hoped for, e.g. L.2 LS + L.2 LS = L.4 LS and 10% SR.