IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

Default Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Which is the best to use when dealing with more than 3 mobs at Lion King's Castle?

Usually I'll take the platforms and only deal with 2-3 mobs at a time but sometimes I'll have to go bottom. I'll Rock Yaksha into the corner.

There are tons of soul fragments on the ground. Let's say I have 60 Mana. Would it be best to Tengu Strike with the secondary hit as well and then switch back to Shikigami Haunting or use two Soul Shears and then wait for Mana to recover?

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

I find soul shear is faster and does more damage, you can cast it quickly and then get straight back into using haunting, while with Tengu you have to stand still and wait for both attacks to finish.

3. Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Soul shear seems better to me, it uses more mana but has a much shorter delay and you are not siting there waiting while the second attack of tengu activates.

4. Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Edited:
    Oh my bad, misread. Soul Shear is better as long as there's enough orbs to activate completely. In the case of LHC/PP areas it shouldn't be an issue, but just keep that in mind during bosses and stuff.

5. Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Isn't Tengu Strike worse than Shikigami Haunting?

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Yeah, definitely. His point was when he was fighting more than 3 enemies though, haunting only hits 3 while Tengu hits something like... 10. Though to be honest, the spawn in LHC doesn't really warrant Tengu at all, it's very rarely above 3, so haunting is better completely since it is faster and doesn't require mana.

7. Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Tengu Strike is only worse than Shikigami Haunting when you have 3 or less monsters to fight. Tengu is the superior mobbing ability when there are 4 or more.

8. Default Re: Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

I see. I guess if there's that many mobs there should be more than enough orbs for Soul Shear to beat Tengu Strike most of the time.

edit: This assumes you're not killing them in like 3 seconds or something. There won't be that many orbs if the mobs are already dead lol

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Soul Shear or Tengu Strike

Tengu is easily better than shiki in general. Both aliens and jesters favor tengu because there is always either mobs between you or above you depending on the map. LHC changes things, but stronghold and hoh changes it back again.