Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

This is what I normally do, and make new chars for free cube events. Like last week (in ems obviously) we were given 1 free cube per account only for logging in from thursday to saturday (we were supposed to get one on sunday too but that never happened). I have about 40-50 accounts I go through and I just give them my item I want to cube and WOLLA uniq with good potential w/o spending a single penny. It takes about 5 min to make an account, level a kaiser to level 20 and you're done. I dont know about other servers but I'd imagine this being REALLY useful for hot day events in gms if the reward is good. Sure sometimes you might get unlucky but, nexon effectivly gave me 120 euros last weekend for free.

This methode doesnt work if your item is untradeable ofc, but thats why you leave your empress gear tradeable untill you are done cubing/scrolling. If you need them badly for a set bonus, go get a new pair for these events.

2. Proton Male
    IGN: Gylfheim
    Server: YMChaosK
    Level: 140
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Masks
    Alliance: Divisions

Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

Anndd this is where I'm stuck
    Pineappling hate the surveys, they don't give me any credit ;-;

OT: It's kind of messed up when you can one hit KO a BOSS. I mean, they're supposed to be tougher than that... But then again, considering only a select few people can do this means that the rest of us are going to have a tougher time against them. That Kaiser might be able to OHKO Horntail, but I sure as sugar would get eaten by that monster

3. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

That's good the only problem is it's still not enough to close the gap. There are two main reasons/problems associated with your method of making money, which is probably one of the best out there

1. 1bil can help fund a lot of new players to get basic gear done (like 3-6% stat items, maybe good base items with decent scrolling). But then the next level of funded gear skyrockets to about x5~x10 the first level.

i.e. Someone considered low funded could jump to medium funded with 1-2b. Someone with medium funded could jump to highly funded with 10-20b. The next jump would be like 200-500k nx and etc

2. You made 100mil every 1~2 weeks and about 1bil after 2 months. Last night I made $40 at my job. I buy a 25k card and sell it and I just made about 1.5-1.75bil. There is no real incentive to farm money in-game like that when it's relatively extremely small.

This wouldn't be a problem though if

A. People would stop thinking limgoon is the average and they HAVE to be at his level to do anything on the game

B. Nexon would stop creating bosses/content where limgoon is the average person so the boss fight requires people of his caliber to stand a remote chance of beating it

4. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

Yes, what was mentioned is good enough for LHC and HoH parties in addition to possibly going to Empress in parties but that is not going to be enough for nuts when Unlimited comes. Even if it barely is, a person with a small amount of cash can still beat you to the chase which would at least spoil some of the fun of doing things the hard way.

Points A and B need to be seen closely together and taken into account. If the mass market does not target the 1% that will buy anything, Nexon should certainly test their content so that people with a decent range can actually band together and fight the high-end bosses since the mass market must still account for more purchases than limgoon himself does.

5. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

@Kaasoljoyyx; At point two, that was indicated for people that spend little to no real life money on the game.

Though just to point this out, if you do get to medium funded, that lets you do more things to earn more money to get to higher funding. I did this in YMCK, and made it very easy to earn 1b off a few weeks.

6. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

Because Wizet designs the new bosses around that 1% of the playerbase.

If the Black Mage ever becomes a boss, you can be damn sure that 99.5% of the playerbase will never be able to defeat him (As a final boss equivalent, you can be damn sure Wizet's going to pull some really crazy **** with him. Expect the highest HP in video game history.), even though plenty of people who don't spend $10000+ on the game would like to be able to do so and see the conclusion to the storyline that the game has had since they actually added a storyline.

7. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

I'd definitely like to know the conclusion without praying some OP funded guy goes to do it. It'd be a pathetic end considering how the five Heroes once fought alone and there's many who would like to join the fight, but in reality only one person can deal that kind of DPS.

8. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

And then the latest power creep "revamps" make the bosses much easier OR Nexon just outright nerfs the boss. Pick your poison. Here's how it goes; Nexon releases a new boss. They can either 1. Make the boss suitable for casuals, or 2. Make the boss batpomegranateinsane difficult. In the event of 2, the casuals peach and moan about a boss being too hard, and in the event of 1, the funded players get bored and complain about how easy the boss is. 95% of the time when it's number 1, however, the boss has worthless drops and is not even worth the time of day to kill on a daily basis. Number 2 gets more players to buy more NX, get geared up better, and try to kill the boss for the worthwhile drops and potential cash cow. Just the way this thing goes now.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

But they already did that with Hard Magnus and Chaos RA. Right now it's 0% for Chaos Vellum.
    Can't get any worse than that lol.

10. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

No, no, Shinku, you aren't thinking deep enough here. Think Dragon Roar Shinku! Dragon Roar!

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i did think about it, but inmediately had to discard it, since 10 hits>1 hit ._.

12. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

If they let you beat the actual Black Mage, I will eat my shirt.

13. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

/thread

14. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

Well we got a 2nd one then.

15. Default Re: Nope.......... you dont need Xenon to OHKO HT.... Kaiser can also...

Back when ToT was the end of the line, and pieces of time were still in demand, I could earn about $3 per hour grinding at Oblivion on 2x. My character was high leveled (which is a time investment) but gear was fairly normal - 60% scrolled.

100mil in 2 weeks is currently... about $1.50. And not affected by 2x events/etc. It's just so little that there's no point doing it.

Yes, that's partly cause I haven't kept up with the top players, so I'm no longer in the top 1%. But it's also cause the 1% is way, way stronger than the rest now. I'm well funded and my damage range is literally 1/30 of Limgoon's. 30 of my character couldn't fight a boss he can solo.