Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

For some reason, I seem to level up so slowly. I just can't understand at all.

This makes me cry.

So I asked many people on how long it took for them, when I was training at LHC/LKC and they were level 140. They said, took less than 3 days. They also told me no HS or 2x Card/Event helped them. How is that possible?

I take like 3 days to level 70 and 5-6 days to 120! No 2x card or event or HS was used.

How I train:
    30-45/50: Scarecrows
    45/50-80/90: Jesters
    80/90-110: Aliens
    110-120: LHC or something

Can somebody please explain to me why I'm leveling so slowly?

3 years, zero level 200s!!!!!

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

How many hours a day do you play, and how many do they?

3. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Well, the speed that you are leveling at is absolutely nothing compared to what it was like years ago.
    But I digress; I hate it when people say that sometimes! You are training at okay locations.. you probably just get bored with grinding, like me, and just see it as being extremely boring and slow. Sometimes I feel we are showered with 2x events and cards that stack (1.5x from recent events), that now, training on 1x seems as slow as like pineappleing molasses!!

4. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Well, still. I've had enough of this the way how I level up WAY under average speed! I mean even in pre-BB I was under average getting a level 40 Assassin in about 2-3 months.
    I didn't ask them that but I would assume whatever an average person would do.

Also, I got to level 50 on a Luminous in 3 hours, with 24 Cygnus Blessing + 4 Att from Character card!!!

5. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Try this training guide:

10-20 Golems
    20-25 Scare Crows
    25-40 Cds
    40-50 Jesters
    50-60 Sand Rats(1.5 exp or higher only)
    60-70 Roids
    70-90 MP3(or aliens if you can get in early)
    90-110 Aliens
    110+ LKC

Make sure you use 1.5exp or more.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I have to say, looking at my alliance, a week to 120 isn't "EXTREMELY slow" or even "slow". It's pretty normal.
    Some people play more hours a day, or have a dedicated HS'er, and do it faster. Some like to do all the quests and train away from ks'ers, so they take much longer.
    Your leveling speed is fine. Just play and enjoy, you don't need to race anyone.

7. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

6 years, no level 200s. Your levelling speed is about average for an average playing time as I got my Phantom to 120 within a week too and I skipped around doing quests instead of training as hard as I could.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Honestly, you shouldn't make such a big deal about it. My first (and only) level 200 was in 2012 and I'd been playing since 2006.

Your leveling speed is average compared to people who play all day.

9. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

As @MariaColette stated, your leveling is average compared to most of us.

For me, I played this game since 2006. I am close to level 200 on my Hero which will be my first character to reach level 200.

pomegranate... speaking of level 200, I better get on MapleStory and reach level 200 on my Hero. I'm going to have to livestream though.

10. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm still feeling the pain in this somehow.

I saw some Kannas already level over 160.

How do they even get there? Like seriously, is there a "secret" training spot for this?

They even said "no exp buffs"!

11. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Time.

They have a lot of time and dedicate sometimes unhealthy amounts to this game.
    And they can tell you that they had no multiplier.. but chances are they did.

All in all, you just have to worry about yourself. If you're having fun, then you're doing it right!

12. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

They play more than you.

13. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

You could leave LHC/LKC past 165 really then train/PQ. Then at 179 start leveling at HoH/PQ to 200.

14. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Damage is kind of important, too. Really, you should be one shotting everything until you get to jesters, and then you should be one shotting everything once you reach the same level as the monster until moving on to LHC. Of course by then damage becomes even more important in terms of how fast you level.

Beyond that, there's a certain amount of attention to be paying, too. Effectively clearing a map in a spawn cycle gives infinitely better experience than kind of wandering around killing monsters, but also requires a much more conscious effort. But you're going to get a way better return on your time invested if you're doing things correctly instead of aimlessly whacking monsters in a fog of boredom.

Honestly though, it's mostly time. I imagine even if you're doing things well and aren't wasting too much time wandering around or competing with other players for training spots, it'll still take about 8-12 hours of concentrated effort to go from level 1-120 without any experience boosts other than Mercedes's link buff. Even if it takes you 6 days to level to 120, if you're only playing 2 hours a day or less that isn't bad at all.

15. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Also be aware that Kanna's spawn buff at Aliens is completely disgusting. During today's 2x, I got from lvl 67-91 in literally 25 minutes (with HS). Double that time for normal conditions and it's still about an hour for 24 levels.

16. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

What does Kanna's spawn buff do? I don't play Kanna so I wouldn't know.
    Well I see to play like 3 or more hours a day yet it still takes that long for me to get there. Dunno why it's been like this. Just feel sad.

Also, do you know any nice equips to use up to level 120? Preferably universal job ones.

17. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

It is suppose to reduce the time it takes for monsters to respawn, but some say it increase the number of monsters on a map. Even if it did nothing of that, the skill is still incredibly effective at clearing areas you do not want to go to on a map.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Spoiler

Well I guess it depends on the class that you would level a lot; ex: a class that has a full map attack would level quicker in some situations than another class with ground skills.

19. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

Hahahahah 3 hours? There's your problem. The time required to do this is between 8-12 hours.

20. Default Re: Is it just me or am I leveling EXTREMELY slow?

You don't need a lot of time. Just funds.
    As long as you 1 hit everything from 1-110, have good mobility and good range mobbing attacks it could take you less than a week.
    1hit Aliens at lv75-80+, can get you at least a level before you need to rebuff lol.
    If you want to keep leveling really fast after 110 all you need is funds, funds, funds.
    Only problem I've had at LHC with maybe godly gear is that the spawn is horrible, at Bearwolves I just keep flash jumping from one side of the screen to the other waiting for a lonely thing to respawn, just to be killed in 2-3hits...