1. Default Is it really possible to be this strong?

I'm in a party with a friend, and they're basically raping everything in sight as a luminous at stronghold. Fairly small number of hits kills 'em, and the attacks range is so good that it basically fullmaps. (Its that light reflection thing). Each hit is doing like 200k - 350k.

Meanwhile I'm stuck at 40k per hit as a melee-type mage. What am I doing wrong?

Also to note, there doesn't appear to be any hacking going on whatsoever. No FMA hack, no speed attack, no "stack hack", nothing of the sort. It's completely legit.

2. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

Very possible.

In Maplestory, the gap between even moderately funded and highly funded is stupidly large.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

very possible, and very expensive.

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

It takes time and a LOT of funding to be considered "strong". If you think your friends are strong, you haven't seen Lim Goon.

Spoiler

5. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

My luminous with clean empress (minus cape and hat) and 12% int hits around 120-150k on reflection with a ~30k range, it is not that hard.

6. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

That's actually pretty average for a Luminous considering how retardedly unbalanced they are. It's not even funny how much Nexon fu'cked up with their pre-release revamp.

7. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

I can kill stronghold mobs in 2 attacks. It's entirely possible to do legitly.

8. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

Basically, that's what happens when you couple insane %s and a somewhat decent range. Totally legit, totally insane, buy more NX today or buy more NX for a new unbalanced class tomorrow~

9. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

I know at 90%+ int a level 175 Lumi can do even more, probably 450-500k crits. Definitely insane damage, and definitely OP compared to older classes. I can barely even look at my Bishop after playing my Lumi now, and I'm not even really funded. ;w;

10. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't GMS Luminous gets an extra +50% damage to all Light Skills from a begginer skill that it should just work with DARK skills?

11. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

We have Sunfire and Eclipse, if that's what you mean. If we stay in Sunfire we do get 50% more damage while using Light attacks, whereas Eclipse gives us 50% more damage to Dark attacks.

12. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

But AFAIK in KMS it doesn't work like that, Sunfire shouldn't give +50% Dmg, just the ability to gain HP while attacking. And NexonAM decided to give both skills the % dmg buff.

13. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

By 50%, they don't mean literally 50% extra damage. It means that you do double the hits, but the extra hits do 50% damage.

And with Unlimited, it goes even further.

14. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

Late for the party, but anyway for KMS, Light = +50% damage (the more-lines Shadow Partner way) and heals 1% HP (I think it's HP-based) for each attack. For Dark, it is +50% damage and 0 MP cost. Equilibrium is, obviously, both cases, though I can't remember if 0 MP applies to Light skills as well during Equilibrium.

Hadriel

15. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

The real difference between KMS and GMS lumi is there is a huge reliance on the Equilibrium mechanic for KMS. It forces and rewards players for alternating between light/dark skills. GMS simplifies things by letting you pretty much choose 1 and just spam it. IIRC, GMS actually has weaker theoretical damage than KMS, but the simplification may lead to greater realistic damage output.

OP
    The short answer is BaMs are incredibly weak compared to Luminous and without massive funding you will not keep up damage wise. The gap lessens when you receive hyper skills, but the big 3 (Lumi, Kaiser, AB) still pretty much destroy most older classes.

16. Default Re: Is it really possible to be this strong?

BaM with hyper skills would probably do more damage than Lumis, because BKB is just crazily sick.

Hadriel