Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowing Out

1. Default Bowing Out

ZzZzZz....

The chinchilla man is hanging up his hat.
    The day is over.
    He shuts off the lights.
    He rests solemnly that night from a job well done.

I am stepping down as Southperry's Content Provider effective two weeks(ish) from today.

Q) But why?
    A) Mainly lack of interest in doing this anymore. I have now been doing this for the past six years (I'm including my time at Sleepywood). I've done it for over half a decade now, and I feel like I've accomplished all that I wanted to accomplish. It's time for me to move on and find new projects worth delving into.

Q) This is all so sudden!
    A) To you it might be. In actuality I've been talking with Eos about my departure since December. It's anything but sudden and is well planned.

Q) Will you be sticking around?
    A) I'm not sure. I don't want to say one way or the other. I'll just see how it goes. I do know that I at least want to do more LoL events to show everyone how proud I am of my terribleness. I also really want to continue with NXPatcher to fix its quirkiness.

Q) What's going to happen to Southperry? Will there be no more extractions?
    A) Extractions have been Southperry's bread and butter from day one. That's not changing. There will be a new person to take up the reins after I leave, and that person is Locked. He currently has all of my extraction scripts and I have personally trained him how to use them and how to fix things when they break. If he needs any help with my scripts I will be available to help him out. Extractions aren't going anywhere.

I'm sure that Locked will be hitting these extractions with a renewed sense of vigor. He's already added many things to the scripts, and I'm looking forward to see how his extractions pan out.

Q) So what's the exit strategy?
    A) A few things will be changing with my departure. All of the images that are hosted on happychinchilla.info will instead be hosted on Southperry's server (static.southperry.net). The happychinchilla server will eventually die. I might keep the domain, though. Never know what I might do with it in the future. I haven't really decided what I want to do with it yet.

Locked will take over my position sometime in the middle of March. You'll have ample notice when that changes.

Q) Anything else to go over?
    A) Well I do need my own Oscar's moment. I'd like to thank everyone that ever helped me in making Southperry become a reality. You all know who you are. I'd like to thank Eos. He's been a massive help to me. I'd also like to thank koolk and angelsl for their coding prowess. And, last of all, I'd like to thank Lambda of Xentax forums. If it weren't for you, Lambda, I wouldn't be where I'm at today. And all you did was post one script on unpacking Maplestory. Finally, I'd like to thank the fans, guests, donors, and members of Southperry. Without you this simply wouldn't be possible.

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Bowing Out

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication over the years, Fiel.

I feel this is applicable here

3. Default Re: Bowing Out

Oh, Fiel, I guess that it's done.
    I guess some persons really get sick of just doing extractions... over and over and over and over again. Even if it pleases a lot of people.
    I'm just gonna hope that you'll find something else to spend time, mind and hope in.
    And I guess that we're starting to mock Locked untill the extractions are posted when a new patch is up. Hehe.
    Well, shall the power of the chinchillas and southperrians be with you, whereever you go.
    Thank you. For everything.

4. Default Re: Bowing Out

And a part of me died today...

5. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thanks for all your hard work over the years!

6. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thank you for all the hard work you've done, putting up with us whenever we're baying for more new MS blood and for teaching me that a chinchilla is not necessarily just a lovely cat breed.

7. Default Bowing Out

You are not only an excellent extractor, you are also a wonderful person to talk to. I'll be sad to see you go (although I hope you can pop in to IRC every now and then? :9)

Oh, an our deal still stands. I work at Valve (in my fantasy), and live with you. ;)

8. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thank you so much Fiel for these past few years! We all really appreciate everything you have done for us!

9. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thank you so much for all the time and hard work you've put in to Southperry, both extractions and otherwise, it truly is greatly appreciated. Best of luck with all the other projects you'll take up in the future :)

10. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Thank you sir, for all your time and effort on everything you made.
    I'm sure Locked will do a good work but still won't feel the same. I'm gonna miss your random videos before putting the data.
    Even tho I never played with you, I'll hope we all (and I speak for the website in general) can gather together and play something as what we are, a community.

11. Default Re: Bowing Out

Good luck in whatever you do next man.

And now for some fresh new blood!

12. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

You did such a wonderful job at what you do, and that will never be forgotten. Thank you for everything, oh great Chinchilla lover. c:

I'm sure Danny will do a fine job!

13. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thanks! I'll be sure to ask for help when I need it.. without being much of a bother.

14. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thanks for helping to make this site the great place it is, Fiel. You've been the life force of these forums for so long, it'll be weird with you gone. Guess it had to happen eventually though. Can't say I'm exactly surprised about this.
    Good luck Fiel, wherever you end up.

15. Default Re: Bowing Out

Agh no :( Good luck in your future endeavours, Fiel.

16. Default Re: Bowing Out

Locked is a wiener. IT'LL NEVER BE THE SAME.

17. Default Re: Bowing Out

If you notice that I pomegranate'd your post Fiel, it isn't because I think that you're wrong in what you're saying or that its a bad post. I know you have your reasons for leaving and wish you all the best.

I downvoted it because its kind of a sad moment for the site. Even though I havn't been in attendance here for nearly as long as some of the other members, your content updates are what made me interested in registering here at Southperry in the firstplace, and you will be sorely missed. Best of luck to you.

EDIT: Still somehow feel wrong for it. Changed to a pineapple, but the post still doesn't make me very happy at all.
    Last edited by Declaimed; 2013-03-01 at 05:12 PM.

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

you'll be oh-so-sorely missed fiel ._. (mainly since i don't play LoL) at least keep hitting the IRC and such

many thanks for the years of extractions you've given us... and the chinchillas, can't forget the chinchillas.

19. Default Re: Bowing Out

Thank you Paul for everything you've done. Although I quit the game a loooong time ago, I've always been excited to view your extractions whenever you post them. I hope you stick around every now and then.