1. Default Question regarding Kasen

Alright. When first looking at the JMS extractions, I thought it just was a passive 0.3 damage modifier to your damage. Now im leveling my kanna, and it says it increases the magic attack of your Fan. But the skill says Damage.

However, when putting points into the ability, my damage range does not increase. At all. None. So what is happening? Regardless of whether its a modifier or just a passive increase to the M Atk of your fan, my range should increase, but it is not.

is this skill broken? someone please explain it to me like im a 4 year old

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

I think it works in the same way that weapon potentials do. The "Damage %" doesn't add to your range but to your attacks themselves.

I'm pretty sure Kanna's link skill and AB's Terms and Conditions are exceptions, and literally add to your range.
    That being said, I haven't tested if it actually increases my damage, but I will do so during the 2x exp event soon.

3. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

That sounds like it's broken. If it's not increasing your range at all, that means the mastery is not being improved. @Polantaris could probably tell you if the +30% damage effect does anything to your range.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

It definitely increases mastery, just not range.

5. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Ya, the mastery is increase, definitely.

However, the descriptions are either mis-translated or the skill is broken. If it increases my fan's M Atk, my range should increase because obviously fan M atk increases range.

I also thought that passive modifiers like battle mastery for BaMs (just a +30% damage modifer) and I would have assumed Kasen, would apply the modifier to your range so you can see it.

But im not seeing any increase at all. So I think link is right, its just broken. Unless it is as you said, Razmos, and just applies to your attacks

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I don't remember Battle Mastery increasing my range either on my Battle Mage to be fair.
    Though that was quite a long time ago when I was that level

7. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Battle Mastery could increase your range a few patches ago.

8. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Kasen definitely increases your range. If it's not, it's broken.

Phantom had the same problem in JMS when it was originally released, IIRC.

9. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

I was under the assumption that Kansen worked like Archmage's elemental Amp skill.
    The % damage does not show in your range, but the % damage is applied to your skills.

10. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Nope, both Kasen and Haku's upgraded 4th job buff's MATK buff show up in your range. I remember actively watching my range rise as I put points into both of them from 120 - 137 when I first started my Kanna.

11. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Kasen's skill.wz tags for damage says damR.

12. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Aye. It sucks, because out of the few that were available, Kasen was the book I chose at level 70.

It looks like I'm gonna let Kanna sit for awhile. The lack of books in the Sengoku shop make getting books for Kanna (and soon to be Hayato) a pain in the ass. Not to mention that I'd prefer glitches like these be fixed before I actually get serious about playing her.

13. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

Well that's a bummer...

14. Default Re: Question regarding Kasen

It's like Dark Meta all over again.

Depending on where you're training, Monkey Spirits is probably a good substitute for your level 70 book and your first maxed skill, with 1 point in Kasen for the mastery boost (65% -> 76% mastery), if Kasen is broken, as long as you don't one hit the monsters you're training on, and you're hitting six or fewer monsters in front of you, so basically LHC. It's basically a 60% chance, 3 hits * 150% damage Final Attack that hits 6 mobs, plus extra EXP. Kanna's ME doesn't trigger though, so there might be other skills that don't.