1. Default Haku's Fan - what to get?

As far as I can tell, base stats don't get added to your range, but potential does?

I'm comparing a 45 matk 25 watk Fan to a 25 matk 15 watk fan with +1 matk potential - the second one bumps my range up by ~20 even when Haku's not summoned.
    I also have a 45 matk 25 watk Fan with +2 dex potential, and when Haku's wearing it, I get +2 dex.

So should I be entirely looking for the best possible potential on it, or does something else become important due to later skills?

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

Ah, thanks for pointing out the potentials work.

Bizarre : crit rate+ doesn't work with this.

3. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

I'd say slam a reverse fan in there from the sengoku shop
    Why not, right?

4. Default Haku's Fan - what to get?

If you have materials, you can make Timeless for cheaper. 30 coins for rocks and 15 coins for a recipe compared to 60 for an inferior equip.

5. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

not including the cost of leveling blacksmithing

6. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

Anyone who's smart enough with profession should already own 3 mules of each lv 10 crafting professions.

7. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

8. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

It'll be interesting to see if Boss Damage/PDR/other good potentials work when equipped into Haku's Fan slot.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

One of Haku's buffs depends on his equipped fan. 40% of the fans attack (i think it means weapon attack) is given to you as magic attack.

But yeah, potentials are the way to go.
    I have a timeless fan with more magic attack which I'm equipping on my Kanna, but I also have the level 110 fan with 3% INT. that one is going on Haku.

10. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

I think it stats Haku's fan only affects you potential wise (otherwise it would be like having two whole weapons and not a sup weapon)

11. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

I'm going to post a quote of myself from a PM about this subject I had a few days ago:
    When I say it was "in literally every single way superior," I mean that even the potential was better. The Quest Fan's gave LUK while the Timeless gave MATK and INT. All the base stats were better. EVERYTHING was better, yet my range dropped something like 4k when I give it to Haku. I have absolutely no idea why that happens, and I've long since given up on trying to figure it out. Maybe someone can, so I thought I'd share this information.

12. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

If you mean the 2nd job buff the skill description is wrong, it gives 10%, I tested it. (didn't test if it's a matk or atk based bonus though)

I can't tell for sure whether the 4th job one overwrites it cause the extraction lists them as different effects:
    Haku's Blessing (II): Magic Attack: 10% min of Fan Attack Power
    Haku's Blessing (IV): Magic Attack: +50%.

The only catch in testing is that when Haku's cast Blessing, it sticks around even if you equip a different weapon. So you have to manually cancel the buff before measuring the range again.

13. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

So, should we be scrolling the spare fan with attack scrolls then?

14. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

I'de like to know this as well.

15. Default Re: Haku's Fan - what to get?

It overwrites it because Haku will only cast the fourth job version once you learn the fourth job buff for him. They have different skill icons.