IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Tomb Raider

Anyone else getting it? Already preordered it and can't wait to play it. I'm intrigued by the 8/9s it's been getting across multiple websites. Hope I won't be let down.

2. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I have high hopes for it relighting the fire I had when I played the first game.

3. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I've got it pre-ordered already, and I'm looking forward to playing it next week! As long as I'm not let down by it this will probably be the game to get me to take a break from Fire Emblem.

4. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I can't say when I'll be getting it but I'm looking forward to when I can play it. I'm not really excited about the new story, this Lara holds no similarities yet with the original one, but it's been getting great reviews.

I thought this game was presented as an exclusive for Xbox in the past E3. I'm glad it's been released for all consoles (sorry Wii U, shafted again...), there's definitely no reason to buy an Xbox other than Halo...

5. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I'm playing it right now.
    The game keeps zooming in on her cleavage in the cinematic scenes......
    Like dis;
    Last edited by DavyJonesx; 2013-03-06 at 07:31 AM.

6. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I don't preorder games but I'll probably get it for PC.

7. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I'll probably get it when it's on sale. The game looks decent, but I very rarely spend $45-50 on a single PC game nowadays.

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Default Re: Tomb Raider

Oh, so you're playing it by these devilish methods which must not be named?

I'm preloading it right now. Severely debating about playing it at 12 tonight or waiting until tomorrow (class at 9...hmmm..).

9. Default Re: Tomb Raider

It's been out for several days in Australia.

10. Default Re: Tomb Raider

So I got the game and had about an hour to play it this morning. Was this made by the same people that made Far Cry 3 or something? The gameplay structure, art style, and menus are so similar. I think they even use the same font.

It's very fun, though, and it looks absolutely incredible on Ultra in 1080p:

Spoiler

11. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Kind of want it but at the same time i bought the classics edition for ps3 and found it a tad boring with a side of frustration...

12. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Although it's out in AUS.
    I indeed maybe am partaking in these methods

13. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I thought that too, but I (as far as I've played it(which is like 20 min further then that screenshot)) don't think it's open world like far cry 3.
    I hope I'm wrong tho...

14. Default Re: Tomb Raider

It could just be made with the same engine. That would account for the menus and in some sense the art style. What do I mean? Well, when games were made with the same engine that DooM 3 used (Name escapes me at the moment), you could tell because of how textures were handled. They had certain effects that made them look very similar to DooM 3, even if completely separate entities made the two games. You could tell that Prey used the Doom 3 engine because of this.

15. Default Re: Tomb Raider

But they both use proprietary engines.

I don't really consider FC3 very open world, either. You could drive around and do side missions, but it was very formulaic and you knew what you were looking for before you got there. This game has plenty of collectibles to find and tombs to raid on the side, they're just in a more condensed area.

16. Default Re: Tomb Raider

I looked it up, and they don't use the same engine, so I don't know then.

Tomb Raider uses a Modified Crystal Engine, and Far Cry 3 uses Dunia Engine 2.

Not sure why they look similar then, they have different developers too.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

I should really spend my scavenge on my pistol and rifle. I have about 800 saved up, and all I've been spending it on is my bow...

18. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Damn, that's what I did too D:!
    Bows are so kewl tho

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

It seems like a game where Lara Croft will be known more than just about BIG BOOBS, but at the moment I'm going to wait for an eventual price drop before I get it. Hopefully this reboot will be worth the price.

Hats. SERIOUS BUSINESS. Reactions like these are always funny to see.