Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomb Raider

1. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Didn't they imply during the trailer she was essentially being raped? I remember there was a large uproar about that. So instead of just tits and ass, now we have a rape victim, they really love empowering women!

2. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Spoilers
    Spoiler

3. Default Re: Tomb Raider

The original Tomb Raider games (1-3) were pretty awesome for their time and didn't sexualize Lara very much, it was only later when the game formula was getting stale that they made her boobs unrealistically big.

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Tomb Raider

It seems the trend with games right now is showing how the hero can be your regular average joe before he turns into a badass killing machine... Or is just me?

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Debatable if game is worth $50 (I'd personally give it a 7/8, but definitely worth $30.)

Since I ended up with wayyy too much scavenge I eventually blew it all to fully upgrading my shotgun. Not that bad.

6. Default Re: Tomb Raider

The best part of that reaction is that it gives TF2 items if you buy it now... All that crying over nothing.
    Speaking of dying, I hear the death scenes in the game are particularly gruesome. My friend showed me a gif of one dealing with sliding down a stream and she gets a pike through her neck. So fu'cked up.

7. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Pretty much...
    I died with a tree branch through my stomach...

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Basically, imagine Dead Space deaths .

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

I kept dying crushed by a stone (In my head) for like 50 times in one of the first QTE because i didn't know i had to press F -.-

10. Default Re: Tomb Raider

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-g...ws-tomb-raider

At 6:00.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Oh got dang it. To get free TF2 items, or not to get free TF2 items?

>:|

12. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Waiting for a price drop for this. Very jealous of everyone playing it.

Are the tombs/quests more difficult this time? The last one I played was Anniversary and that one wasn't hard at all.

13. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Death by Cutscene in this game are so graphic... So far i have:

-Crushed by a stone in my head
    -Choked
    -Blown my brains out
    -A Tree stuck in her gut
    -Whacked with an Axe and have my throat cut

Not to mention the many non lethal injuries she gets, its surprising she's not dead with all the whacking she gets on a hourly basis (Main Hero "Immunity" durr hurr)

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

She has a lot of air bags.

15. Default Re: Tomb Raider

This is a reboot so it's a different style of adventure game. The tombs are just optional, usually hidden puzzles with 2-4 moving parts and a loot chest at the end. They typically only take a couple minutes to solve, and even the tricky ones shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to figure out.

I've been playing with the combat difficulty on Hard and it's been pretty difficult at times, but there are checkpoints like every 30 seconds so that it pretty much doesn't matter how hard the game is.

16. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Ahh I didn't know the tombs were just optional this time around. Sad day.

Guess I should go see more gameplay videos on this.

17. Default Re: Tomb Raider

Finished the game. 13 hours with 78% game completion; I'll probably go back and pick up some optional stuff when I get a chance. The game is definitely worth it, in my opinion.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

All the talk of violent deaths makes me happy.

Anyone else remember diving into concrete in the earlier games just cause you could? I remember there being some particuarly gruesome ones in the earlier games when you'd break all your bones by missing a jump, or sliding down an incline into spikes... or being crushed... or being nommed by a dinosaur.

Childhood!

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Sorry for the double post, but I just completed the game.

It was really, really good in my opinion. the movement, aiming and combat were all very fluid and flawless.
    The story was interesting and the characters were decent. Except for the blonde archaeologist guy. seriously he was so one dimensional and obvious that it pained me to watch any scenes with him. The story would not have suffered in the slightest if he had been taken out of it.

The Stormguard were an interesting change of pace halfway through the game, all that blood and gore and the sudden shift from reality to.. not reality was quite interesting. The buildup to actually fighting them was awesome, but they kind of underwhelmed me when they did finally show up and they weren't nearly as /* monstrous */ as I expected.

/* Queen Himeko */ was creepy as pineapple and I loved the ending. the idea of Lara becoming some sort of supernatural mythbuster is an awesome direction for a sequel to go in. The first game is the origins and the ones from now on should be more like the original games, just with a new revamped gritty, gory and dark atmosphere. I think they did really well setting up the new continuity of the franchise, and I can't wait for more.

There is probably a lot more I could say about the game, but I can't be bothered. It's a great game and I would recommend it to anyone.

Looks like the sequel will be about /* Lara stopping the Trinity from acquiring "The Star", whatever that is */