1. Default Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

Not sure if that guy lags or not, but at about 0:39, Trifling Whim kills him lol..

2. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

This happens with all FA type skills, I've died on my Phantom countless times because the cards attack after I stop attacking. One way to make this easier is to get closer to the mob you're attacking and watch for the DR animation. Although as a ranged character with a skill that covers all of Hilla, I could see that it'd be hard for him to do that.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It's pretty much like that for most classes with Hurricane like skills, especially with AFA. I think the Trifling Whim animation time does make it significantly worse tho

4. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

I've learned to just stop two seconds before DR activates and I'm especially careful at Hilla since I can't reliably predict when DR starts. It seems like it'd be more difficult for him but it should be safer to just stop about 4-5 seconds prior to DR.

5. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

I actually did not know that. But I will define Trifling Whim as a "slower version of FA", which makes WA's condition worse..

6. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

Psh, Trifling Whim got nothing on Soul Seeker.

7. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

it's like final attack is fast enough for BMs/mercedes to time when to stop directly near DR animation, but since trifiling is slower they have to stop much earlier. AFA has never killed me.

hilla's DR time is about 1 minute and 30 seconds from when she begins animation. i'm not sure if hard hilla has a smaller CD or not. she's irritating enough

8. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

OH. That explains why I've never been able to gauge her timing, it's because I was always looking out for the message!

9. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

This, but the reason why I say that is mainly due to the fact that if you don't know the timing of DR, or if you just attack blindly like this guy did on his second death, since it was obvious DR was still up when he attacked her. I loved the o.o? he did after the second death, but yeah as others have said it is all about timing, if you don't know the timing you will die, simple as that.

10. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

I stop using seeker ~20 seconds before DR and that's worked for the two run attempts I've made.

Too many kaisers and too much DCing

11. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

Dance of the Frozen Winds would be useful in the moments leading up to the first DR, since it doesn't trigger Trifling Whim.

Hilla is just terrible when it comes to DR, she has never instantly casted DR at 90% HP for me, like, ever.

12. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

I like how she sometimes trolls me and casts it about a minute after the fight begins. Ugh.

13. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

I do this too, but one time a soul refused to die, it sat there bouncing around for 37 seconds

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

God dam additional options are crazy. 31x attack bow...

15. Default Re: Wind Archer gonna had a hard time with DR-bosses.

My standard approach is to Magic Crash 30 seconds after I engage her, cause she likes casting it around 35-40 seconds for me. The first 2 are fairly unpredictable though, I've had the second one wait like 2 minutes from the first. After those it settles down to 90 second intervals.

protip: KO hilla in under 3 minutes and you only have to deal with 1 DR. Lol.