IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Default Fun things to do in Maple?

Hey everyone,

I haven't play Maplestory in about a year and a half (right after Mechanics were released) and just got back into it with a few friends. We don't plan on playing much and are minimally funded, and I was wondering if there were any fun new party quests or bosses we should attempt. I'd prefer something that doesn't require too many prequests, but if there's an exceptional boss or quest out there I wouldn't mind doing a few quests.

We are a group of four, with characters ranging from levels 130 to 160.

tl;dr: What's something fun in Maple I can attempt with a few friends?

Much appreciated!

2. Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

Root Abyss is pretty fun. You should be able to take on the regular mode ones as a group.

3. Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

Root Abyss is great. Your group could probably easily do all the other pqs in the dimensional mirror. If you haven't already it might also be nice to make some of the classes with good character card effects before they're closed off on the 27th - with three or four people, you guys could Monster Park and Nett's Pyramid together easily to level them up. :0

4. Proton Gay Male
    IGN: Ferons
    Level: 200
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Nocturnal
    Farm: Kansas
    canada

Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

Root Abyss is really fun.

Aswan can be somewhat fun.

5. Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

As above said, Root Abyss is pretty fun. I'm glad Nexon is changing the way bosses act, making you evade the attacks an all, makes boss runs much more fun than just spamming one skill.

6. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

I will try out Root Abyss this weekend. Thanks folks!

7. Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

There's always Zakum as well, party quests, the events coming up as well.

8. Default Re: Fun things to do in Maple?

I'd say Root Abyss, as I probably bugged you before, and there's also some other out of the way stuff, like maxing personality traits, getting link skills, doing PQs, beating Arkarium on Cygnuses for the blessing before they change it, etc...

What I don't really recommend is hardcore training. Don't care about levels, and you'll enjoy everything way more.