1. Default Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

edit: GAH I MEAN FINISH BLOW IN THE TITLE LOL WHOOPS

Dark Shock: Delays: darkLightning - 1320 ms
    Finishing Blow: Delays: finishBlow - 990 ms

Finish Blow: 25% faster than dark shock on a cast by cast basis

Dark Shock: 1,040%, with a +50% chance to crit
    Finish Blow: 200%x6=1200%/cast, with a +25% chance to crit.

Dark Genesis: When at level 30, adds +60% damage to dark shock
    Dark Shock - Reinforce: +20% damage to dark shock

If additive
    1,040%x1.8=1,872%/cast

If multiplicative
    1,040*1.6=1,664
    1664*1.2=1,996.8

Now, remember that dark shock has a delay that's 25% longer than finish blow
    Additive: 1664*0.75=1,248/cast, +50% chance to crit
    Multiplicative, 1,996.8*0.75=1,497.6, +50% chance to crit

as opposed to 1200%/cast, with +25% chance to crit

so
    dark shock
    with damage cap removal
    will always deal critical hits if you have at least 50% crit, which is easy to obtain with the phantom link skill, and your innate crit rate boosts from skills

while if you have 55% crit, which is an easily obtained average... you'll only crit 80% of the time with finishing blow

so based on those numbers alone, since I'm fairly certain that dark shock's delay was never touched, likewise with finishing blow, when you have the +20% damage to dark shock upgrade, in terms of DPS, when the damage cap is removed, you should use it when possible, and when you get the cooldown removal, use solely that skill, and get split damage only if you somehow manage to hit the ''cap'' with it.

so... perhaps the dark shock upgrades aren't as useless as we thought?
    Regardless, it's going to be fun seeing XBOX HUEG numbers on screen.
    Last edited by MuscleWizard; 2013-02-23 at 12:24 PM. Reason: OOPS TITLE ERROR

2. Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

Battleking Bar...

3. Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

how the hell did i forget about that
    lmao

never mind it's still useless, but I do recommend getting the +20% damage anyway to like, see some xbox huge numbers from time to time to mess with people.

>battle rage
    >union aura
    >body boost
    >angelic buster link

>xbox huge number from insanely damage buffed single hit third job skill

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

While it would be nice to see some insanely high numbers every once in a while, it's still useless and there is no point wasted a hyper skill point on it.

5. Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

Battleking Bar, all of my want.

6. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

Even if Battleking Bar didn't exist, you forgot to add the increased procs of Finish Attack, increased number of telecasts, and how Reinforced Twister Spin compares to Dark Shock.

Also I am pretty sure Finishing Blow got it's delay reduced to 810ms base in Rise Against.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

HNGHHHH That is so amazing.
    I've only ever seen it in bad bossing videos so far.

8. Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

Has got to do with the insane range and the no. of hits and damage. Basically a BaM isn't a BaM without BKB.

Hadriel

9. Default Re: Cooltime Reduced +20% damage dark shock stronger DPS than quintuple blow?

I was operating off like three hours of sleep when I posted this.

Lmao how did I forget about battle king bar.