Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Looks like Brachy weapons will be pretty good. I hear they ignore defense. :V

So as someone who has limited partying experience, anyone care to explain/show a guide of the do and do nots of particular weapons? Or which ones parties appreciate a lot? I'm hoping this advice could carry over to P3rd too since the mechanics should be very similar.

I'm having a grand time with Hunting Horn, but I'm having trouble finding subs I'm fond of. ._.

2. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Brachy weapons are OP, according to all references I could find. Basically, my understanding is that if you want the game to be easy and not fun, use them. Otherwise, use anything else. A friend who has played the game told me that even Blue Sharpness Brachy weapons are better than White/Purple sharpness weapons (I forget if Purple is back) that have significantly higher attack. Apparently it's "Kelbi Bow > Brachy Weapons > Everything Else in the Entire Game" Apparently the Kelbi Bow is OP as pomegranate because it has the same special effect, and doesn't require charging shots like every other bow, so you can just spam 1st charge and kill things extremely fast. Basically, it's if you don't want to have fun. I have no intention of touching Brachy weapons or the Kelbi Bow at all.

The hope between me and my friends is that Capcom will do something about it for our localization, however the chances are slim. I'm honestly upset that they didn't catch this, you'd think they'd be good with balancing by now after so many games and an MMO.

Dos and Don'ts

3. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

May I use this in the first post and give you credit?

4. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Sure, go ahead. If I get the time I'll try to refine all of them like I wrote Bow at the end. The others are kind of sloppily done in comparison (I love bows! >_>). If I do I'll let you know and you can update the thread.

5. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Alright,thanks lot man !

6. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Two references to newbies:

Weapon Chart

Greatsword Reference

I did NOT make these, I only provided an opinion that may not have been taken into consideration by the creator of the first chart.

I'll see if I can make the first chart easier to read.

7. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Just wondering if you guys saw that Europe and North America are gonna have a combined server. So everyone can play together.

8. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Can't read the first one at all, it's too small.

Yeah, someone mentioned the FB post about it earlier in this thread.

9. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Here's this: http://mh3g-weapons.jimdo.com/

Has all of the weapons and if you hover over the picture, it'll show you the stats on it.

10. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Here, I fixed it up for you:
    Weapon Pros/Cons, Dos/Donts

Thoughts and comments are welcome. This is basically my opinion on each weapon and a few general guidelines. People are free to disagree or offer their own thoughts, I don't mind.

11. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Amazing work,updated the topic with your tips.
    Edit:wanted to say the axe mode in switch-axe is not slow and it has good range.

12. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

It has good range, I agree, but it's definitely one of the slower weapons outside of that attack that drains stamina. Some of my friends that have used SA have mentioned that the damage off of that attack is horrible, especially for the cost of Stamina and the immobility it forces on you, which is why it's on the Don'ts.

13. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Hmm..maybe I was think of the quick side step the axe mode has,I need to start using switch-axes more because it seems they got a buff from tri

14. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

In my experience the Switch Axe generally feels clunky and is slow in Axe mode. It's the main reason I've never really used it. I'm not really a big fan of slower weapons. It has a nice side step, but it doesn't really make up for the slowness of it's main attacks, in my opinion.

Of course, that's purely my opinion. I have enough weapons I liked long before they added Switch Axe anyway so I don't really need to be favoring another weapon class. There's only so many materials I can gather from the same monsters to make more weapons before I go insane.

15. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

I guess i'm used to the slowness because all I used before is the hammer and greatsword, I think I may go Dual swords this round because I really wrecked plessy in the demo with the dual swords....which is strange because I hated dual swords in the past.

16. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Yeah, Switch Axe is definitely a step up in speed when compared to the Greatsword, which is the slowest weapon in the game.

Both Dual Swords and Hunting Horn were COMPLETELY revamped with P3rd. Everything about them changed, and they are significantly better weapons because of it.

17. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

Archdemon mode is when your bar fills up competely for DBs right ? Also I heard there are times where hunting horns is better than hammers (which is kind of crazy to Mr)

18. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

I dunno what it's officially called, since it never existed in an English version before now. I just called it the Demonization Bar in my tips for the weapon, since when you press R you're in "Demonization."

Hunting Horns being better than Hammers is up to debate, and also completely dependent on the Hunting Horn you're using, and if you're in a group or not. In Frontier, almost every group would have a Hunting Horn because with Attack Up Large from the HH, and everyone on Adrenaline+2 (Which is the norm in Frontier, believe it or not), results in a massive attack boost. The HH itself isn't all that powerful in Frontier, but the boosts it gives with its buffs easily makes up for its lack of combat ability in that game, since it still runs on the old engine and mechanics.

As for now...I don't know how effective its attack buffs are, and since it's rare to see someone with Adrenaline+2, I don't know how much better it can be than Hammers in a full group. Hammers definitely still have better KOing and Exhausting abilities because of Charge attacks and overall better hitting combos, but as most weapons it's really dependent on the skill of the player above all else.

In fact, I tried using Adrenaline +2 when I played Tri, and people didn't really understand the concept of the armor skill...and I was often thrown out of it by people using Lifepowders or Health Flutes. It really pissed me off, because it's actually pretty easy to go Adrenaline +2 in Tri, especially in comparison to Frontier.

But yeah...as for HH being better than Hammer, it's really situation and skill dependent, as well as dependent on what you really want to do.

Honestly, Capcom did a decent job at balancing the overall weapon types. There used to be very clear cut winners when talking about general weapon types. Specific weapons is another story, but overall each weapon type has its advantages, disadvantages, and uses.

19. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

well I'm not going to be using HH anytime soon, I guess I have a lot of time to look up lnfo before the game comes out,but I will be busy with hayato next week(so happy I finally got my kanna to 100 for the link skill,third job was...meh for me).

20. Default Re: The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Topic

People just tell me that the HH has more sustained damage now and Hammer is bursty. Not sure about exhaust/KO values though.

I feel that the only difficult part of HH is remembering the songs of each weapon. I think you should clarify that HH being "combo oriented" is more toward working your song notes into a combo. I rarely find myself going into the 2nd part of recital mode unless we're still prepping.

Tried out SA and I'm actually liking it. I just need to remember which buttons do what now. .__.;