Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Post Azwan inner ability circulator statistics

this thread contains the (ongoing) results of the individual inner ability lines observed while opening circulators

rank 8 circulator

RankNum.% =% >=
    C
    B
    A
    S

The % = column shows the percent chance that a line becomes a rank.
    The % >= column shows the chance a line is that rank OR better.

Details
    Spoiler

rank 5 circulator

RankNum.% =% >=
    C
    B
    A
    S

Details
    Spoiler

special circulator

RankNum.% =% >=
    C
    B
    A
    S

Details
    Spoiler

Data sets

Spoiler

Legend

Spoiler

You can help too!

if you'd like to contribute you can paste or send a .txt file that has this format:
    Code:
    type [quality] rank
    type [quality] rank
    type [quality] rank

// the quality field is optional but will help me a lot in figuring out inner ability
    // these fields should be separated by tab characters OR single spaces
    // make sure the type field conforms to the legend above!
    // for special effects like +1 attack speed use 1 as quality
    (example)

Alternatively you can post a video, but it's more work for me to sit through it so the data will be added with possibly a few days delay.
    Last edited by stripedypaper; 2013-04-18 at 01:27 PM.

2. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

I believe there is an Azwan thread in the Screenshot thread :)

I like how you kept a list of Every ability you got. My abilities are 12% Boss and 2w.atk

3. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

His aim is to obtain a statistical observation of the rates of the different abilities for each type circulator. Not so much about the abilities themselves.

Hadriel

4. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

Oh man if this thread was made 2 weeks ago I would have had over 800 data points to add for special circs. I'll try to keep track of future ones.

5. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

updated with more rank 5 data and special data
    the chances of "S rank" are similar in both circulator types so if you are going for those only it seems to be better to buy rank 5s instead of specials

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

i got a few videos of me circulating (around 800 circs total) i don't record exactly what stats each give, but i guess it would be a nice data dump, if you want me to upload it.

7. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

This was what I had suggested in the "Revealed" in the screenshot section. I'm glad to see that we have some empirical evidence to back it up now. I do have a question though, do you have data on the results of each circulation, as in the three lines as a whole? Based on single-line data it is probably likely that more high ranks appeared (SAA, BAA, etc.) together from using Specials than Rank 5, I was just curious how much of a difference it was. Afterall, many of us are looking for multiple good lines.

I can probably deliver a fat (1500+ or so) Special data set in a week or two; maybe longer but with more circulations, not sure how many Circulators are necessary to justify circulating over a DSI IA and hope for its return.

8. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

You need a lot more data points before this becomes statistically significant. Keep trying. Video the whole process then play and record it later.

FTR: I've had 2 +1passives, one from ~200 Rank 5s, and one from ~150 Specials.

Hadriel

9. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

working on it, this will probably be updated daily, barring the possibility that I get something insane that I won't reset

I'm assuming you don't mouse over each line after using a circulator so that data will certainly be helpful but it won't contribute to my eventual goal which is to profile the mechanics of inner ability (certain outcomes only appear on B or higher like att so I want to find out how that works and possibly get some numbers on how each outcome is weighted)

special has much greater chances of A and B compared to rank 5, so naturally something like SAA would be much more likely on a special circulator reset than on a rank 5, assuming the lines are independent of each other
    Last edited by stripedypaper; 2013-02-12 at 06:39 PM.

10. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

I will post info when I get to azwaning after 8pm erryday.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

nope, i do not, but you'd be able to see at least what rank appears and such.

here's the first video, i'll see when i can upload the other two.

12. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

thanks for posting, I added the data for up to ~2:30, will get around to the rest eventually

13. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

How it works as far as I know, is that it generates a line between 1 and 40. 1-10 = C, 11-20 = B, 21-30 = A, 31-40 = S. If the outcome has 40 levels, then it maps directly. If it has 30 levels (like atk) then it only shows up on 11-40. Etc. And the outcomes with only 10 ranks are always S, because they only pop up on 31 or higher.

14. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

that seems to add up pretty perfectly with the results recorded so far.
    two exceptions though, jump and speed are both 30 levels but appear on C. however, I've gotten 18/20 jump on a line and it was only A so I'm guessing jump/speed only show up on 1-30, so there's no S jump or speed.

15. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

As such I'd probably swap the 'scaled' column for an 'implied level' one - you might get an interesting curve out of those numbers' distribution.

16. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

i'll knock out a graph or histogram sooner or later
    in the meantime, updated thread with some much more detailed statistics on each circulator

17. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

Here's my Circ run. 181 total used, 63 Rank 5s and 118 Rank Ss.

I know some of you might hate this, but I have to point out that I got Attack Speed increase at 6:12... I got 34% Buff duration in the end, which is great for FC!

EDIT: Oh crap, it starts at bad quality. Change it to HD. -no clue on video things-

18. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

anyway, updates continue
    nearly done with shinkudragon's video (2 min left), will start on viener's after
    won't be contributing much of my own because I just advanced to the 160+ tier and can't do hard occupy :\

replaced scaled quality with the "implied" level as you suggested, here's a plot of the current data from all circulators (may be off because of that, will make plots for each rank later)
    from this we can probably say that rank is decided first (s,a,b,c), then the value of the inner ability

19. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

Maybe you could order it by frequency and label the columns.

20. Default Re: results of 62 inner ability circulators (rank 5)

it's a histogram
    the bars' height is how many data points lie in the interval shown by the width of the bar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram