1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Some kind of Bishop revamp

I've always been bugged by the fact that Bishops have all sorts of great party buffs that don't actually improve no matter what kind of equipment the caster's have. Not only that, but a level 160 Bishop is functionally the same to their party as a level 200 Bishop is. It's also wrong that a Phantom with Holy Symbol is more coveted than the class that the skill comes from. So, I decided to try and come up with a bunch of little buffs that would make Bishops more useful as a support class, rather than having them be a crappy attack class that happens to have good party buffs.

[Beginner Skills]
    MP Recovery: Received upon advancing to a first job Magician. Player recovers 5% of his maximum MP every 5 seconds.

[First Job]
    Magic Guard: Changed into a Toggle Buff that can't be dispelled. Blocks 15% of incoming damage, 85% of damage taken dealt to MP.

[Second Job]
    Holy Arrow Max level lowered to 10. Still deals 450% damage at max level.

Blessed Weapon: Passive Skill. Max level: 10. Causes Bless to enhance the weapons of all party members to deal one extra hit with each skill. The extra hit uses Cleric's attack range, weapon mastery and Crit rate as opposed to the attacker's. The damage range is determined by the formula: {[Caster's max damage * (Skill level * 0.10)] * (Attack delay / 100)}.

[Third Job]
    Doom: Completely changed. Upon casting the spell, a UI will pop up with a ring of all of the different elements and an arrow pointing in the direction of the caster's cursor. The caster can move the arrow to one of the elements, and upon clicking every monster currently on the caster's screen will become weak to that element for 30 seconds.
    Success rate: [Skill level * 10]
    Duration: [Skill level * 3]

Holy Magic Shell: Changed to absorb additional hits for every 20 levels the caster reaches, capping when the caster hits level 200 for a total of 20 hits absorbed by the buff.

[Fourth Job]
    Angel Ray: Now has a 100% chance of debuffing monster's upon casting. Monster's hit by this skill take 20% more damage for 10 seconds. The extra hit from Blesses Weapon deals twice the amount of damage to monsters with this debuff.

Big Bang: Completely removed. Replaced with:

Perfect Heal: Passive Skill. Max level: 20. Buffs the effectiveness of Heal to have 600% Healing Power and deal 3 hits of 250% damage to undead enemies. Holy elemental. Also allows Heal to over-heal party members by 10% of the caster's attack range (capped at 10,000 health). Over-healed party members have a bright purple health bar and take take 15% less damage. The Bishop cannot over-heal himself.

Divine Weapon: Passive Skill. Max level: 10. Requires level 10 Blessed Weapon. Improves Blessed Weapon to deal much more damage. The new damage range is determined by the formula: {[Caster's max damage * (1.00 + Divine Weapon level * 0.15)] * (Attack delay / 100)}.
    Last edited by Sorien; 2013-02-18 at 10:07 PM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Some kind of Bishop revamp

Just wanted to point out that no party buffs in the game depend on the caster's stats. Rage gives the same attack boost for the same duration regardless if the caster is a lowly naked Fighter or a level 200 max-range Hero. Hyper Body gives the same percent boost to everyone, the difference in HP and MP gained depends on the affected's stats, not the caster's. Same with Dark Aura, Echo of Hero, Maple Warrior - all the buffs that are not a fixed number, are a % of the affected's stats, not the caster's.

Note also that Phantoms can steal these skills you just designed...

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'd imagine he's suggesting they should. Not like that's a very good idea in my opinion.

And he can't if some of the effects are passive but it doesn't seem like they are. That angel ray would be nuts in a phantom's hands.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

I know this. I just felt that Bishops as a whole don't have much incentive for improving their equipment. Other classes with party skills were at least designed with the intent of still being an attack class, while Bishops are just leveled to 130 or so and then hang on a rope for eternity in LHC/SH. Yes, a Phantom could steal the skills, but there'd still be the disparity between crit rate, mastery, and stats in general. I figured so long as one Bishop != every other Bishop, there'd be some reason for trying to improve.

5. Default Re: Some kind of Bishop revamp

Im not sure I can 100% co-sign the bolded part.

The fact Nexon introduced Vengeance of the Angel shows that they are aware that many bishops feel as you do. They are aware that some bishes want to attack and kick ass like the rest of us. The fact that the skill was added leads me to believe that this skill being added will not be the last thing Nexon does to try and get battle bishops a bit more into the mainstream.

here is the skill if you have not seen it:
    Spoiler

in saying that, battle bishops post-Vengeance of the Angel wont be in a terrible spot. As a matter of fact, with so much free crit, I reckon people like ThatWasMyKil will be putting all other mages to shame.

I do like the idea of casting a debuff to make enemies weaker to a certain element :) I think that is very neat and you have something cool there.

Im not so sure about the bless and adv bless change though. It leads me to believe a situation of "Its really crappy(if the priest is poor) or its insanely broken(if you have ThatWasMyKil giving you a slice of his 250% main stat range through bless)." will often occur. Since most people feel as you do (bishops are for parking on ropes and auto-casting HS), I feel the former situation will be predominant over the latter.

Im glad that you're taking an interest in this kind of thing and encourage you to try some more changes, see where your mind takes you.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Oh yeah. The bless change makes it so a funded bishop can train any new character he wants without ever having to worry about not ohkoing constantly.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

Oh yeah, I'm not done with this. I'll definitely be working more on this thread after I get my work for today finished. I'll probably be able to post more later tonight.

Yeah, I've been trying to think of a formula that'd take the Job and delay of the skills into account.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I always imagined Bishops having a skill where they get a cross rising from the ground, making all monsters Undead so they can do some damage.
    Then again, it'll be necromancy.

9. Default Re: Some kind of Bishop revamp

Fix'd. I like that it sounds similar to TF2 Medic mechanics. And I'm assuming this is a passive skill?

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

I really like what you did with Doom. I would love having that skill in a party, but I would rather have it work where it affects all mobs that spawn in a map for 30 seconds so you wouldn't have to cast it as often. Post-hyper inferno + that =

11. Default Re: Some kind of Bishop revamp

If we had that bless skill, it's time to find super funded Battle Bishops.

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

Oh, yeah that was a typo.

Ok, Fixed the typo and made a few changes that would keep Phantoms from also being able to provide an additional hit to all of the party's attackers via Bless. Also, I added in a simple formula to make the extra damage less powerful on skills with extremely small delays.