Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

One concern I have is the following:

How Nexon bans currently seems to usually not be using video evidence, but rather with some kinds of logs. If they release those logs to the culprit or to the general public, it could give away clues as to how to avoid being banned in the future while cheating. It would depend on what is exactly contained in the logs though so I'm not sure.

3. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Do you really think those logs possibly contain anything a hacker doesn't already know or couldn't guess?
    The absolute best case scenario here is Nexon is logging every single packet sent and can repeat them back to you verbatim. What part of them being able to do that would be a surprise or concern for anyone?

The only thing that could be influenced by that being public knowledge is that they stop doing the things they know are logged.
    Who loses there? Certainly not us.
    At worse, they go off and try to find new things, which is already happening anyway and Nexon has to evolve their security measures, which they should already be doing.

4. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Signed already, I don't expect change but god I hope it works.

5. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

This has personally affected me, and I would be ecstatic to see this happen, though I am not sure how feasible it is for it to work retroactively. Nevertheless, I signed the petition.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Signed from when it was on twitter.

7. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Added my chicken scratches to the great wall.

8. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Interesting side note; No change.org petitition to Nexon has gotten more than 100 votes.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Not signing. Not just because the appeal process will never apply to me, but because even if transparency were offered, ignorance, stubbornness, and a corporate agenda will still exist. Which is something that will not change without massive management overhauls and an improved training program for all employees that will never happen.

10. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

I signed the petition; while I haven't been false banned from the system before (I have been false banned by Paypal once though. ), it's important for everyone to be able to access this information in the case of false bans. With the proof provided it would also speed up the ticket system and one couldn't argue against it if the evidence was there; more hackers would stay banned too.

If the proof wasn't provided and it was a false ban and they refuse to lift the ban; they'd just be basically giving you the finger and you'd be out of luck.

11. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Did you really just reply with "I refuse to support the fixing of one issue I believe needs fixed because it wouldn't fix every other issue in the universe single handedly"?

Good logic there.

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

It's more like "I refuse to support the fixing of one issue people believe needs fixing because i believe that other issues that will never be resolved inherently break the fix."

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Signed as #201!

I'm not sure that revealing the logs when I was autobanned would have helped, but greater transparency can only be a good thing.

I think it would be amazing if they revealed the videos (if they have them) as that would provide instantly understandable and contestable evidence.

There's nothing worse than not knowing why you were banned after years invested in the game...

14. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Suffice it say I find that excuse absurd. It's the same sort of ridiculous crap that people utter as an excuse for being part of a problem rather than trying to work towards a solution. As long as you can keep blaming other people's failings and insisting you can't do anything about it you will achieve exactly that; Nothing. Self fulfilling prophecy.

15. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

I still get messages on basil from people asking how I got my billing block lifted because they were in that same position of hopelessness and ambiguity.

For me, MTSnowy, and all the others who get billing blocked with no given reason other than "actions that break the Terms of Service", I hope this petition will make an impact.

16. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Signed.

Maybe when they take a break from their money counting they will see this.

17. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: loNevestol
    Server: Wndia
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: LexTalionis
    Alliance: Arcane
    Texas

Signed.

18. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

I hope for change, but even if it does not come it is still worth a shot! uvu
    Signed.

19. Default Re: Nexon Petition for a transparent review & appeal system

Signed, For Justice.