Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

The only reason there are so many ways is because of how terribly coded this game is.

2. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

The programmers could learn to do a better job of checking for erroneous input from the client. My $0.02 on the matter.

If I'm not mistaken, WoW is F2P up to level 20.

3. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

No.

It's unreasonable and frankly ridiculous that every
    maintenance comes with the same type of exploit. It be different if it was different hacks, but it's the same packet manipulation we have been dealing with for 6 years. Obviously there's a problem involving people manipulating packets and this frekin "Duct tape over every hole or leak down this 100 million mile long pipe" isn't working.

There's no justification for this at this point.

4. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

I hope they really do fix it. I haven't bothered playing because of that spam.

5. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

You have no idea how much I wish this would come true, seriously two days ago in scania was hell, smegaing like they were just in a bl chat, but honestly who wants to hear people arguing over smegas every....second...

6. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Dont know if they block the hack already, but its pretty quite in windia atm

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

I don't care how many USCs they do, I can find things to occupy my time.

I just want them to fix it. I don't care how long it takes, just fix it. Fix it for good.

Fix stack hack while they're at it too.

oh yeah and ban all those 10 year-olds spamming my flippin' chatbox with their stupid guild advertising or how much they love their e-girlfriend. tbh this smega glitch has been the most irritating glitch yet

8. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Thats odd, I said the exact same thing in the whole "lol tyrants weapons" fiasco topic and got bombed with a whopping 10+ pomegranates. Yet its getting pineapples here? Lol. I'm laughing at this.

So since people have supposively changed and are now supporting that argument, I'll say it again: Nexon need to get off their ass and do something about this. Last time this was brought up, the "They cant fix everything!!!" argument was thrown around about a thousand times over.

This post will likely get some pomegranates too. But I mean, it needs to be said. For a company the scale of Nexon's and for a game this important to their revenues, you'd think they'd be able to handle something that private servers effectively squashed years ago. Yes, I said it. Private servers. They don't have this problem, regardless of install base. And we do. Thats horrible.

9. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

It's how you went about it, not what your post topic was about.

10. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Doesn't that already exist with the smegas that show your character in the corner?

11. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

You may have a point there, I may have come off too strong. Nevertheless, people didn't really seem to support the idea in general. People simply didn't believe it was possible. And I don't agree with that at all.

12. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

They did support you, in regards of nexon's half ass'd mistakes. What everyone disagreed on was your shift of blame from nexon to the players.

13. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Actually, it was the opposite: I intended to shift the blame from the players to Nexon itself. As far as that goes, I'll let it rest. It's not a popular opinion here, so I'll try bringing it up somewhere else where I might get a different response some other time.

The point I was trying to make there was that these things wouldn't happen if they used a little hindsight and put a bit more effort into security.

I'll mention private servers again here, because they're a good illustration to my point. Hacking is much more difficult in the newest repacks/version of that software, and thats coming from teams comprising of fans, or worse: One person efforts. The autoban systems there are swift and usually accurate in their actions. And packet maniuplation? Don't even try it. Instant ban.

Here? Just the opposite. But why? Would you think that with the vast amount of resources at their disposal, Nexon would have a system in place to trump all smaller efforts? I remember reading somewhere, on this forum actually, about how Nexon management was more concerned with boosting revenue than improving game stability. And its probably true, sadly.

14. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

What was the exact exploit this time? Something to do with Super Megaphones?

15. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

General exploitation of Tot's items. They're part of the new tutorial system that was introduced in a recent patch, or something. Super Megaphones are the biggest one, because people are spamming the servers to hell and back with crap like:

"lol IM AN AWESOME HACKER #yoloswag"

and

"im gonna exploit the pineapple out of this pineapple YOU NEXON"

etcetc, along with other meaningless spam that washes your screen in a film of pink.

16. Default Re: Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Now if only the makers of the private servers and Nexon could collaborate! Oh, wait.

17. Default [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

18. Default Re: [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

So was anything fixed?

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Apparently Nexon only "Band-Aid" fixed the exploit. You can still get the items, but you can only get them once per character, instead of infinitely (Can't forfeit the quest).

20. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: [Complete] Unscheduled Maintenance - February 22, 2013

Sounds just like the Everyday Happytime fix.