Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Article

Pretty grim. There's a lovely picture on the actual article too, if for some reason you might want to see it. This is the kind of newsworthy news people post here right???

Also,
    >Essex

2. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Not surprised at how easily this can happen, if you've ever seen the facilities where they kill the chickens and stuff.

Still, ewwww.
    Last edited by icephoenix21; 2013-02-21 at 05:39 PM. Reason: i fail at spelling sometimes.

3. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Delicious.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

It's brain food.

I'm terrible.

5. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Uff. Kidney or no kidney, it still looks very freaking disgusting.

I thought it was going to be something silly, but damn...

6. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I've found a bone in my BREAD before. It's from some random Chinese bakery. I gagged a little but eh... not too big a deal I guess.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

food's food ._.

8. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

So free food vouchers are given out when kidneys are found in the chicken? When I eat the leg piece of chicken, I frequently find kidney (piece or whole), I thought this was par for the course. Well, I guess I know who to complain to now. The same goes for rotisserie chicken, seeing as how I use the skeleton to make a chicken broth I frequently also find kidney in this, do I have an adequate complaint response?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that this 19 year old didn't know that it was a kidney, he also seems quite immature about the situation. His repeated insinuations that it was a brain really irks me. I won't say that he doesn't cook, but it certainly appears that he is not knowledgeable in either anatomy or the culinary arts.

Edit: Also, I'm sure the chicken he "eats at home" isn't gutted there. That statement also was also slightly annoying. Maybe I just don't like how whiny he comes across because I have experience and don't find it a big deal. I'm sure there are many who don't haven't had the experiences I have though, so it is understandable.

9. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

..Okay honestly the first thought that came into my mind looking at that wasn't "Well, that's CLEARLY A KIDNEY".

Also this isn't the first time, I recall seeing a picture of this 2 months ago on imgur, but it isnt like the one in the article.

10. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

11. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

The more you learn about the food industry, the more repulsing any food becomes.
    Watch what's in your chicken.
    Don't eat the powder at the bottom of chip bags.
    Sausage is sketchy.
    Sometimes horse appears.
    Don't eat hot dogs.

Anything mass produced is made fast and sloppily. I say if it tastes good, don't worry about anything because you're going to find something wrong with just about everything.

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i don't see how you're disagreeing though, i said that food's food, i completely understand he finding that nauseating (the same way he'd probably find the balut nauseating too) but it's edible, not dangerous or poisonous.

maybe i just like my KFC too much that a kidney/brain wouldn't make me stop eating there.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I should stop going on Reddit.

14. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

lol at how easily people are repulsed by food they're not used to. People eat chicken kidneys all the time (the brain is generally too small to eat >.O) Yes I have my standards of things i wouldn't ever want to see in my food (namely slimy stuff like Sea cucumbers- the texture of it doesn't sit well with me), but that's not going to completely stop me from going to a place that I liked to eat at previously. It's like eating something, thinking it's amazing, then you find out what it is and saying you hate the dish and will never eat it again. This isn't as big a problem as if someone had found a human finger or non-chicken part in the chicken. THAT is a problem. But a piece of the chicken that happens to be in the chicken, dear lord have mercy it's the worst thing you've ever had in your lifetime.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I agree with this. Food is food. As long as it's edible and not dangerous all it comes down to is personal taste and culture.

People eat sheep brains. I never would because I grew up in a culture that doesn't eat that and my opinion on what is food is different.
    Finding something like that in KFC would put me off yeah, but stuff like that happens.

But yeah, this guy is a platypus.
    Also, what, he was expecting to find something NOT horrible in Essex? funny.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

oooh man, that just reminded me... when i was a little kid, i found in my cheetos (not really cheetos, but i can't remember the specific brand) a freaking fried coc-kroach ._.

now that is something i 100% stopped eating.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Ooh if we are sharing stories, I once found a beetle in a tin of Celebrations chocolates, it had died eating into one of the chocolates haha.

My mum complained and we got like £30 worth of free chocolate. best find ever.

18. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i was too surprised (and in the middle of school) to be able to tell my mom about it, so i ended up taking it back to the shop and they gave me another pack, which i promptly gave away after taking the prize inside.

19. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Gotta agree with you here, I absolutely can't stand grapes or peas for their respective textures. In fact, the first time I caught a kidney was because its texture is similar to peas, I didn't taste it but the graininess was unmistakable, if it were smooth like the rest of the meat, I wouldn't have paid it any mind, none at all. Before I learned English or anatomy, I ate tripe all the time at this Asian restaurant, now, I still do. The food isn't inherently bad, it's just people's perceptions that make it so, like what Shinku was talking about.

20. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Good lord I'm not seeing as much disgust in this thread as I should.

People, do you not care about what you eat? While obviously the culinary world includes a broad range of what may be called "food," there's a difference between knowingly ordering something like gizzards or organs and unknowingly finding something in a place it absolutely shouldn't be. And don't give me any bullpomegranate like "of course it's an expected place, the chicken had kidneys" because KFC is not selling chicken pieces with an intestinal surprise inside, it's selling chicken.

All you're doing by calling this kid a wuss or a platypus is demonstrating your incredibly low standards for things on which you spend your money.