Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

who called him a wuss or platypus? o.o i'm just saying that, personally, i wouldn't stop going to KFC for that. i'd probably dislike it yea, but not to that degree.

2. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

The only thing that disturbs me about it is that it looks like it wasn't cooked whatsoever.

3. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Balut is pineappleing delicious. You're just eating a baby duck instead of eating it fully grown. Where is the problem here? Really, you should try it sometime, (I like it with a little bit of salt and hot sauce) you might be surprised.

In regards to the article, yeah it does look kind of gross, but AFAIK chicken kidneys are still edible. And come on, it's KFC, do you really expect quality food when you eat there? Do you really think that minimum wage employee in the back knows the difference between a chicken kidney and any other piece of meat? Do you think they give a rat's ass? Show the kidney to the manager, demand a refund, and be done with it.

How about we rephrase the article's title: "Kid finds piece of chicken in his fried chicken!" Doesn't sound nearly as newsworthy as finding a thumb, or a watch, or a dead pregnant mouse does it?

4. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

;_________________;

(I actually agree, I used to eat it all the time when I was younger and thought it was good, it's just some weird ethical code I've developed that keeps me from eating it now)

5. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i've never had it, and probably wouldn't be able to without gagging ._. but my own personal opinion on it's looks as nothing to do with it's taste or nutritional value.

a fun fact is that there's these... uhh... beans? that i love called "arvejas", and a bunch of people don't like them, asking one of them why got me the answer of "it looks like vomit"

after that, the next time i had arvejas i couldn't help but see the comparison, but i knew i liked it and dug in once more. and now i don't have much trouble eating it.

6. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

You're coming off a bit like a snob. Mistakes happen. Of the trillions of pieces of chicken KFC sells worldwide, one happened to have a kidney in it. I'd say 1 in a trillion is a pretty good number, be glad it isn't higher. It's just not feasible to make a production line slow as a snail's pace to inspect EVERY element on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's good or anything, just putting it in perspective. And honestly, he is a wuss. There are starving people around the world that would gladly eat it if they had the opportunity. He should be fortunate he isn't one of them.

7. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I don't think you want to know what goes into most sausages...

That said, gourmet sausages and some of the more... err... "custom-made" ones are excellent. E.g. made directly from pork belly meat.

Hadriel

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I try not to think about what I eat at fast food restaurants.

If it's delicious, I'll come back.

9. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I agree with FrozNlite for the most part. Even if we're all aware that fast food isn't made of premium-quality ingredients they still have standards and I don't see anything wrong with this guy getting repulsed, particularly when it is plainly a kind of food he's not used to though I suppose his reaction a bit extreme.

As for what I would do, I would eat somewhere else for a long time. I've done that before after getting mild food poisoning with certain kinds of food and I'm not going to die if I avoid said food, anyway.

10. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

There's a huge scandal in Europe about horse meat found in products where it shouldn't be in. I don't mind if I eat horse meat by accident, but the idea that the product can contain just about anything is disgusting and scary. What if it wouldn't have been horse meat that was found but something actually dangerous?

I wish I wouldn't have clicked that link...

11. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I believe the horse meat scandal is more publicized simply as the meat is believed to be tainted with chemicals.

12. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming
    This is a 'common' thing in sweden.
    It is almost the same as rotten fish.

13. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I was mostly grossed out by this because I'm vegetarian, and even if I wasn't I'd be pretty freaked out to find that in a KFC. Ok, it's edible, but it certainly isn't what he wanted to find in his food, or what he paid for.

14. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

LOL@all these posters saying the kid's overreacting.

I wouldn't even know this was a kidney, and would have probably vomited the moment I saw it. Saying he should deal with it because it's not poisonous, which fu`ck looking at that I wouldn't know, is so f`ucking ridiculous.

Should I expect pieces of chicken heart in my chicken breast? Seriously, I'm glad this guy made it a scene this time around so they actually look for this sh`it and it doesn't traumatize me.

15. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Yeah, to be fair there was no way he could possibly have known what it was exactly - especially in the moment. Even if he could identify what organ it is: 1) From what animal? 2) WHY is this in this meal? 3) Is this piece of meat even safe to eat? i.e. was it even handled decently for consumption purposes? Chances are it might not have been seeing as how that piece of the animal isn't even supposed to make it to that establishment. Maybe that would explain why it looks just about raw. (The texture alone must have been horrifying)

Nobody would just sit still and continue eating something they found to have been some mystery meat that doesn't even belong in their food whatsoever. Not even just meat, but a damn organ.

16. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I for one would be ecstatic to find chicken heart in my chicken breast. It's delicious, though high in cholesterol.

I'm not saying the kid shouldn't be grossed out, or shouldn't have demanded his money back. I'm saying it's ridiculous that this story has gotten the amount of attention it has. THERE WAS CHICKEN IN HIS CHICKEN. GOOD LORD HAVE MERCY ON US. Seriously why are we even talking about this? Just because the picture went "viral" and might be unsightly? Please.

17. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

That's great, but unfortunately that's not what I ordered and as you have pointed out, doubt they would know how to properly prepare it. Although I'm sure cracking open an egg and seeing a half developed organ is considered "gourmet" to you.

And how exactly does he know that. You act like I would be able to identify as such, for all I know it's frekin mad cow disease in chicken form. If anything it's more unreasonable for you to exclaim overreaction because you, possibly because of your culture, welcome this as acceptable, while in our culture, wouldn't even know how to react. It looks like a goddamn brain fried, half cooked. Any teenager would flip out about that, and the news is going to eat it up because it's incompetency. It isn't really the actual chains fault, it's just a piece of meat in a giant box you wouldn't even be able to see it. It goes to the distributor and obviously that's a red flag.

Although I'd prefer not to have chicken eyeballs in my chicken soup, but hey STOP EXAGGERATING, GOD FORBID BITS OF CHICKEN IS INSIDE CHICKEN PRODUCTS!

18. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

I would be more concerned if there were some sort of health risk associated with eating chicken kidneys, but there isn't. It's just another piece of the bird, perfectly fine to eat. I don't know what you're trying to imply with the comment about what I do and do not find "gourmet," but whatever, that's just fine.

Yes I have grown up eating balut, chicken hearts/gizzards, tripe, ox tail, dinuguan, and other things that you may find unsightly/disgusting/whatever so maybe that does color my perspective on this article a bit. It really isn't as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Meat comes from animals. Animals have organs. In a chain that puts out as much product as KFC does, there are bound to be instances where the chicken carcass does not have its kidneys removed before being cooked. It's not that big a deal. Animals have organs! Yes, even the animals you eat! And guess what? The kidneys are located really close to those meaty delicious thighs you eat all the time! It's not a big surprise that it ended up in his food.

It wasn't what he ordered, he got grossed out looking at it and asked for money back, and that's fine. They offered to give him food vouchers and tried to make things right since he felt so sick to his stomach. That's fine. Acting like it's some horrible, god-awful offense and KFC should be fined/boycotted/sued? Overreacting.

If there were some sort of "mad chicken kidney disease" going around I'd say yeah, absolutely, cause a riot, get mad, be concerned, boycott KFC, whatever. But there isn't. It's just a kidney. No big whoop. This should not be news.

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

what they're arguing, is that the guy, at the time, had no idea what the hell was in his chicken. no idea if it was even chicken still

20. Default Re: Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicken

Throes, just stop. You seem to be incapable of putting yourself in the guy's shoes since apparently you keep going on about how it would be the greatest gift in the world to find a random, uncooked organ in your cereal without being able to see that there isn't a damn way this guy could have known what the FUCK he was biting into - and in a place that doesn't even serve pieces of animal like this. Period.

It's a big deal because it shows how unchecked a lot of our food is and just about anything can slip into that cheeseburger you're chowing down on. Replace the organ with drugs; a dead rodent; a finger. It's the problem of ''sometimes random pomegranate is put into that Happy Meal you just got, kid''. True, it turned out to be a part of a chicken, but if it wasn't? Again, how could you have known immediately what this organ is or where it came from?