1. Default PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

Looks pretty solid from Gmail, but the link takes you to "ncxon.net", a domain registered two weeks ago (Feb. 7th) according to whois.net
    The worst part is I had a Nexon account with that email in the past. (changed it months ago during that account hacking spree)
    Odds are they're harvesting emails from an old database leak; might be prudent to change the email account linked to your Nexon account.

2. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

I got an e-mail like this too. The more disturbing part is that the associated e-mail belonged to my MapleSEA account; the Global account I made used a different e-mail.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

"After opening a ticket (using our fake link), If you believe your account has been stolen (It has been, now), please reset your account password and security questions (give us more details so we can hack your other accounts) to protect your information.(Lol, too late)"

I didn't get an email. then again, I don't even get real emails from Nexon so I would be highly suspicious if I did.

4. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

Silly thing is, that bottom link actually did go to the real nexon.net site. xd

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

What helpful scammers.

6. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

I got an e-mail like that just about two weeks ago. It happened like a day after I posted my screenshots of winning the 1 million Maple Points. I knew someone would've tried to hack me or something, but I didn't know it would happen to me so soon. Lol.
    Last edited by Combattente; 2013-02-21 at 05:55 PM.

7. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

I got this thing in my e-mail about a week ago too. A lot of lights went off in my head that made it really odd. The e-mail address that this was sent from was 'Nexon(support@nexon.net)' that made it look valid. Of course, it's a phishing site. It masks a valid looking link and redirects you to a fake as highlighting it would show.

I also sent this in a ticket to Nexon, so now Firefox detects it as a phishing site. If my account was blocked, I wouldn't be able to enter the game and would Nexon even notify you through e-mail if your account did get blocked?

Though, I've been wondering though how they got a hold of my e-mail address though. I haven't shared it to anyone or used it as part of any other website or forum other than being connected to a Nexon account.

8. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

I received this as well. I didn't even think I had an account with that email, and firefox detected the link as a phishing site as well.

ncxon.net, obviously gives it away..

9. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

How do they even have people's emails in the first place? Or is it just spammed to every single email account they can find?

10. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

I wonder if it's related to how people hackers were getting the crazy good igns?
    Some method to link ign-email, and for accounts old enough, the email was inactive and deleted, yadda yadda. That's how I got my old account back. Had to wait a year for the email name to be deleted, then remake it.

11. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

Seems pretty solid, but Nexon don't email about this kind of stuff, so...

12. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

"some sort of mistake" sounds kind of unprofessional.

Anyway, thanks for the warning.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Gmail caught it and put it in my spam lol. And I don't even play maple story anymore.

14. Default Re: PSA, I guess? Scam emails sent out that look pretty convincing.

My husband got this e-mail last week. If you look at the e-mail headers it did not come from nexon.net. That from address is spoofed. But I didn't find it convincing because Nexon doesn't have the customer service to e-mail people that were banned, they just ban you and wait for you to find out when you log in.