Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

Within the time limit of course. My class is a Dark Knight and I was thinking about trying to solo some bosses like Zakum, regular Horntail and regular Pink Bean since I am on an upgrading frenzy with my equips.

2. Default Re: What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

Zakum should be fine for you but a list of your equips and % boss damage would help too since bosses like regular HT and PB would be easier if you can kill much faster or have good status resist.

I am admittedly curious too since I'm now at what I'd consider a rather high range. Sadly I'm only at 16% boss and have no Hero's Will yet.

3. Default Re: What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

I have like no boss damage at all, but I do have Sacrifice.

4. Default Re: What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

That has ignore PDR built in, correct? If I'm remembering the range of this skill correctly you'd at least find it easier to hit Zakum's top arms than Heroes do and ACPs are your answer to whatever annoying effects Zakum can throw out at you. I'd say give it a whirl and report back with results.

5. Default Re: What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

If you have Stance maxed, Zakum is doable with a very low range - maybe 10k. With lower leveled stance the top right arm will be so slow you may as well not try unless you have a 30k+ range.

On the lower end of the range, bring at least 200 all cures and similar number of HP pots - the HP pots are only really for 1/1s but if you go slowly you'll encounter a lot of them.

Sacrifice is, unless they changed it, the current shortest ranged warrior attack. RB, ACB and Dark Impale are noticeably larger, and Blast is a little better ranged. You may also need more HP pots if you use Sacrifice.

6. Default Re: What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

That covers Zakum, but what about Horntail and Pink Bean? Is it possible to solo them with 50k range? No boss damage.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

I don't know what kind of output DrKs have with 50k range, but horntail shouldn't be too terrible. The main problem is avoiding sed, but being a warrior that shouldn't be so bad if you get enough experience with the fight itself to see it coming.

Pink bean is out of your league until you're on @ShinkuDragon;'s level.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i actually don't think i can solo him again, that was done with extra crit rate that raised my damage pretty big ._.

but yea, nothing stops you from trying, i found it fun to waste a marble and see how many statues i could down before the time was over.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

50k range is enough for HT. Your problem will be survival, not DPS. Leave the Cornians on the bottom alive, their bumps can protect you from 1/1 while seduced.

I don't know about PB.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Yeah that's what i did when i started PBing. Just seeing if i could finish ariel, and then seeing how far i could get the bean down, and then finally he dies.

Can't get an idea for improvement if you don't know the level of improvement you need for your goals.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

true enough. then again, it will be made much easier (HOPEFULLY SOON) with hypers.

12. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

And adding on to this, grabbing a familiar that heals a "large amount" of hp/mp also helps if you do get seduced.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default What kind of range do you need to solo bosses?

Does the drk hyper have the range to hit two statues? I don't think it does. But yeah if you hit cap hypers will help you finish pb by a loooot.

HOPEFULLY SOON indeed.

14. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

First thing I want to do after hypers is I want to attack and see all pink numbers.....All. Pink. Numbers. Especially on bosses! *crossing fingers for hypers to come out this month....

As a drk who went in a HT party last week and then solo'd a few days ago....I would say a range of 60 and some boss damage will give you a chance at ht....maybe throw in a invincibility neb, invincibility pots and a potion pot to conquer the drk's weakness?

Haven't tried to solo PB and I don't plan to solo PB until hypers .-.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

it would be nice to do a before-after though, to see how big the hyper skills helped you in a PB solo :U i'm quite interested about it actually.
    i believe so, but am not sure, however it's more DPS than impale on it's own, and having a perma 1.5x damage boost due to max crit, along with a few other boosts... well, damage won't be lacking for dark knights.

i do believe synthesis can reach, it will be close though, since it doesn't have the range of roar, but it's still bigger than rage uprising.

16. Water

What if I die------*lv 200*....but what about the marbl------*has the marble in the etc inv for months*. Ok, brb.

*4 hours later* Tried it and died by lag but it was before PB (according to the hp bar I think...I was fighting Ariel or w/e her name was)! Plus, I semi-blind fought it (Had no clue how the "phases" went) .3.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

d'ahaha, i love your excuses at the top. congratulations on the attempt btw.

as for phases, it goes like this:
    male statue left
    male statue left+right
    male statue left+right, bird statue left
    male statue left+right, bird statue left+right
    male statue left+right, bird statue left+right, ariel
    pink bean

each statue phase summons all the statues at the same time, and even though they each have their own hp, the top bar displays the sum of all HP. (so if in stage 4 you've killed 2 statues, and dealt 50% damage to the other two, the bar will display 25% hp remaining)

how much time left on the clock? to be honest i'm quite sure you can put the statues in their place, the main issue is PB's defense and crazy reflect cooldown/duration, that's the main time eater

18. Water

Thanks! For once, I had fun facing my fear. :3

I think the timer was at the high 30s last time I checked. Then again, I could of done much better if I hadn't change my gloves to use dSE. Lost like 20k range from just equipping a clean wg with a SE neb....I'll probably try that again sometime later in the weekend and with a better sense on what to do/where to go. xD

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

it's probably harder for you since i assume you don't have as much i-frames as i do, but switching gloves between phases, or when only the bird statues remain should be easy enough

checking my video, i killed ariel at 38:xx left on the clock, and finished PB at 18:00 exactly left on the clock, so if you were on the high 30's i'd say that you may possibly even have the range to kill it already

and i might be wrong about "being unable without crit chance" but getting the items is so incredibly boring for me, i like to remain sitting and do nothing.

i expect more info on any further attempts you try, and don't worry about asking questions either.

same for meta, trying a PB solo costs nothing but some time. i'd try czak first though, since just for the experience of sed+1/1, which happens sometimes.

20. Water

Yeah...all I got is a 1-sec invincibility neb. Mayyybe I have a shot but I never tried pb, the timer and dr. I'll watch the videos to learn what people do at that part.

I'll keep you guys posted about the pb attempts either here or in the drk section on basil. :P