Thread: [Magician] Character card deck(s)

1. Electron Bi Female
    IGN: anoguchii
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 217
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Edict
    Alliance: Foundation
    Farm: Hope Chapel
    usa

Default Character card deck(s)

Hai, uhm I was wondering what kinds of character cards everyone uses for their decks for mages. I want to try and structure my decks so I'd get the most out of it especially since I play a bishop as my main.

I'll share mine:

deck1:
    bam - S
    lumi - S
    evan - S

deck2:
    i/l mage - A
    Bishop - SS
    cannon - A (only because I have nothing better, and the explorer bonus was better than my Blaze wizard - A)

The decks aren't built very well since I don't have a lot of character slots(moar hottime pl0x )

But what I want to eventually end up with is:

deck1:
    lumi - S (free int)
    evan - S (mp recovery i think this would help if I was seduced and my bahamut attacked)
    bam (free dmg reduction)
    -->mage+S rank deck bonus

deck2:
    mech - S (4-6sec increase to infinity i think, which can give more survivability b/c of the recovery effect, and a 4% increase to damage)
    demonslayer - S (it can help counter seduce whenever bossing i think )
    mercedes - S (time off cd for our bubble and infinity for more uptime)
    -->S rank deck bonus

These are my thoughts, i'm no expert, i love playing my bishop and bossing with it imo it's the funnest class because it takes a little more skill than most other classes to play it^^

2. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: Character card deck(s)

I'd trade your BaM card for Kanna card. Boss damage sure helps a lot more on long rung.

My 3 goal decks are as follow (We are going soon have 3):

Evan SS (8%-16%- recover MP once every min), Luminous S (+40int), Kanna S(+xBoss Damage) for the mage set

Xenon S (+20luk), Mechanic S (+xBuff duration), Corsair S (Summon extra duration) for the pirate set

Aran S (HP for pot cooldown maps!), Demon Avenger (More Boss damage), Demon Slayer (For my no skill with status resist Evan) for the warrior set

All of the cards serve a purpose for my Evan. I might rethink Corsair for Thunder Breaker or Buccaneer, but haven't decided yet.

P.S.: Mercedes card is bad. Replace for Battle Mage so you get Resistance set bonus, and place a Kanna card on your Deck 1 for mage set.

3. Default Re: Character card deck(s)

Welcome to Southperry Alanna!

My Deck as of now is:

Deck 1:
    Mercedes SS
    Evan SS
    Luminous S
    for the s rank bonus and hero bonus. The only other mage i have on my main is a S BaM

Deck 2:
    Canon S
    Jett S
    Bucc S
    for the S rank bonus, pirate bonus, and explorer bonus

Planned 3rd Deck:
    Demon Slayer S
    Demon Avenger S
    Xenon S

For the S rank and Resistance bonus

Cards I currently have:
    SS: Mercedes, Evan
    S: Luminous, Angelic Buster, Kaiser, Bucc, Phantom, Demon Slayer, Dual Blade, Jett Canoneer, Shadower, BaM, Mihile
    A: Sniper, White knight

Planned cards:
    Kanna, Hayato, Xenon, Demon Avenger. Possibly revamped TB and WA

I'm sure i could change my decks around, just not sure how.

4. Electron Bi Female
    IGN: anoguchii
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 217
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Edict
    Alliance: Foundation
    Farm: Hope Chapel
    usa

Sorry, i accidently clicked the pineapple fruit thingy, and i'm not sure how it works D:

ooo I think I'm going to make a kanna too and definately swap if for the bam, i just looked up the link skill and the card bonus which are both reallly good.

thanks for the tips about deck 2, i was rushing through the post i didn't even think about that >.<
    I might also swap the mech for a demon avenger if it also gives boss damage and is resistance

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

The pinapple is +1 towards a post and the pomegranate is -1.

6. Default Re: Character card deck(s)

What? Are you serious right now? Cooldown reduction is ALWAYS GOOD for an adventurer mage, its so much better than a silly card that doesnt work vs 1/1. It works with most cooldown skills like AB link.

Do this instead:

Deck1: Hero set
    - Merc
    - Evan
    - Lumi

Deck 2: Random
    - Demon Avenger
    - Demon Slayer
    - Kanna

Deck 3
    - Mechanic
    - Xenon
    - Corsair/bucc

Replace demon slayer with hayato if you dont need the status resistance.

Mage set is utter pomegranate, its probably 1000000x times worse than the 7 all stat you get from hero set.

7. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

You got to be joking, You replaced 3 perfectly decent sets for some random pomegranate?

Replace the Mercedes card with Kanna. It's not worth 2 seconds off cooldown with server lag and what else. Better use the small extra damage.

Hayato card is utter pineapple with Evan and useful only to mages with enough critical rate. She is better off with Aran and the two Demons.

@alanna; Has a Battle Mage card, I gave her what she could currently use at best. I unfortunately agree with you that having the pirate set works wonders.

8. Default Re: Character card deck(s)

Let me explain to you how mage and warrior set work.

Base % HP/MP is added into final damage that is not multiplied by anything. This means 60k base MP if SS set you gain 6k damage per hit, you really think thats worth it? I think it sounds pomegranatety. But sure replace mercedes with aran, Hero set > mage/warrior set.

Deck1: Hero set
    - Aran
    - Evan
    - Lumi

Deck 2: Random
    - Demon Avenger
    - Demon Slayer
    - Kanna

Deck 3
    - Mechanic
    - Xenon
    - Corsair/bucc

Also Im only giving advice out of my opinion. I have the battlemage card myself and I think its really bad. It doesnt work vs 1/1 which is the soul reason for why people make this, 4% dmg reduction is the same as just getting a little more defense, wont make any difference at all.

9. Default Re: Character card deck(s)

As Even mentioned, the Mage and Warrior set effects add to final damage only.
    The effect incorrectly shows up in range though, so it's easy to see why some people would be misled into thinking it is good.