Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

hey, i just thought of something. if Male Kanna's hair is going to be ugly as sin, would the female Hayato's hair, being a woman, be really glamorous?

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

Honestly, I can't tell if any of them are male or female.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i like the 3D version "if i'm going to stare at a butt all day, at least i'll make it a butt that interests me"

4. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

Most of mine are female too, but I can attribute that to how I suspected nice male fashions would be really rare in Maple- you know, just like in real life. I did choose to play a male Phantom over a female one for storyline reasons but I'll be darned if I say it wasn't a tough choice.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Yeah, I hear that argument a surprising amount on Basil, by numerous guys.
    If you have to affirm your sexuality or masculinity by looking at hot, sexy female 2D pixels all day then there is clearly something wrong with you. If playing a male character makes them feel uncomfortable then they've probably had a pineappled up upbringing.

You could of course use the same argument to people who watch ecchi anime or hentai, but at least those 2D women are drawn and animated to look like real women, whereas Maple characters are nothing.

I think my brother was kinda the same, when we used to play fighting games such as Tekken or something, I would choose the female characters because they were my preferred playstyle, they were always fast and light and interesting, whereas most of the male characters were massive bruisers with boring attacks. my brother always ripped on me for that.

I payed it back to him though when I kicked his ass as princess peach on Brawl.

6. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

Well, to say the least: that looks hideous.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I don't know why people have a problem playing a character that is not their real gender. I mean, it's a Role Playing game. You pretend to be a magician, or a sharp-shooting bowman, or a half-dragon with horns and wings and tail; you pretend to have pale skin, or dark, or even green; you pretend to have all sorts of hair and eye colors; but when it comes to pretending to be a girl you just can't do it?

Actually they can. AB has shown that even the homophobes of GMS will play a female character if that's how one gets to be the strongest. So way too many of them named theirs variations on "ImAGuy", so what?

I don't see why NexonAM felt it was necessary to create a male Kanna - and if they did, why they had to make it so similar to the female. I guess it's as you people said, to make people deck it out in male CS clothes (because male magician overalls are still "dress-like"). Ah well, make the homophobes pay for their hangups.

8. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

Honestly, I would have preferred it if they left Kanna as female-only like AB. Bottom left and bottom right faces look severely creepy.

9. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

Looks like I'm making my Kanna female.

10. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

that tot knows how thing is permanent right? so ok guys you can change his hair if you dont like it... well ill be making the female one... i dont make male chars anymore

11. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

o god no
    the only one that looks presentable is the bottom left, the rest look female.
    :/

12. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

Mother of all derp faces, right there...

Maybe it's for the best if I don't play Kanna if they're that ugly.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Hell, if people really hate the hair they can do the Amoria Beauty or Beast quest to try and see what that gives, then use Tot's Know How if they still don't like the result.

Worst case scenario, they remake the character and spend another 5 minutes doing the quests again.

14. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

I'm probably gonna play male Kanna, get long hair and then change the eyes (Evan face please!).

Hey, why not.

15. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

I think Kanna might be the first female character I make because Male Kanna looks....very scary and off

16. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

There's nothing wrong with players who just want to stay within their genders while playing the game.

It's one of the reasons why I avoided abs and would have lost interest in kanna if that stayed gender-restricted.

Nexon AM was on the right track since more customization is never a negative when it comes to the role-playing experience but their execution could have used more work... >.>

17. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

I... guess there's always Tot's hair coupon if you wanna go male?

As for me, I'm going female. Canon ftw.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

You can pretend to be Japanese, from the 16th Century, and have supernatural powers, but pretending to be female is too much to ask? I guess everybody's got their red lines.

19. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

I'm surprised there is an issue about what gender people want to play...some want to play as guys,some want to play as girls,all up to the person,if that keeps them from playing a class..then oh well?

20. Default Re: Male Kanna maybe?

But you can still be you and be Japanese and from the 16th century with supernatural powers (okay, maybe not Japanese). I mean, I guess I base a lot of my identity on my gender, even more so than other factors, like race, so it would harder for me to identify with a female character than say, a half dragon person from a different dimension, so long as that half dragon is male.

I don't really pretend to be my characters though, but I guess I expect them to at least be a reflection of who I am on some level, and not being female, it makes me uncomfortable if my in-game representative is a girl.