Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

You should probably try one using a mouse, which defeats both. Motion control is garbage at the moment and is not stable enough to be reliable.

I'm not sure if you have tried using the Wii controller but it's quite pathetic when the previous generation controller is just overall better. Can't speak for the wii u however.

2. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

No-one even gave the Wii Pro Controller a chance really when it launched (me included) : Everyone who would be interested in it likely already had a gamecube controller, and I didn't seriously use one until ...Xenoblade? Once I actually used it, I couldn't think of anything that the GC controller actually does better.

The argument is moot: As you said, the Wii also supported Gamecube controllers, so the point you were making about the wii not having access to a traditional controller is wrong.

3. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

If your argument was valid they would not have stopped producing them. The availability is there, if you could get them, but Nintendo encouraged you to use the motion sensor, which all games encouraged and tried to throw in your face at any given time.

This limit's what games are available for the wii, I'm not sure how the wiiu is, I don't own one, but it's future looks very similar thus far, even you have admitted that.

4. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

No, Nintendo stopped producing them to sell classic controllers. Which did the exact same thing. Please, explain to me how classic controller pros aren't an adequate controller for fps games (If you can call anything that relies on dual analogue control such a thing). I'd love to hear it.

It's "future" is limited because the console hasn't sold gangbusters yet, because Nintendo hasn't released any major titles yet. It'll be fine by the end of the year. All the even vaguely "core" games that are out on wii u right now support the Pro controller.

5. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Its kind of annoying that the mainstream tends to lean towards "mature" games these days, and that "mature" games basically mean anything with a gun.

I'm not interested in FPS games in the slightest, and thats why I've tended to gravitate toward Nintendo in the past. I like those colorful, cartoony types of games. Especially the platforming and adventure types. I DO like some of the more "serious" types of games (Uncharted, etc), but I'm not interested in Mass Effect, Far Cry, Crysis, any sports games (If I want to play a sport, I'll go outside and play it for real), or any Call of Duty installment.

6. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

I can assure you that dual analog is a ton better than your cursor running off to the side or not being able to read your movements for reloading properly. Or just the crosshairs spazzing.

You mean the classic controller that had to sell an additional add on because the design was an utter failure? Need I say more?

Compatibility does not necessarily mean "designed" for.

@Declaimed;

I'm in the same boat, however, keep an eye out on the CoD/Battlefield, the recent CoD recently added bot's so that you can have actual fun compstomping with your friends rather fighting with a vulgar 14 year old online. I believe Battlefield is promising the same with general points. It gives more playability when it isn't cut throat competitive.

7. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

14 year old? Try having a dorm mate that screams "OH MY pineappleING GOD, STOP CAMPING" into his headset every 10 seconds or so.

Zombies was alright, played that with somebody once. Its still not an awesome experience, however.

8. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Nah, stability comes from nintendium, durr.

Also, thought you guys might find this funny:

9. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Attention all console makers.

STOP F'UCKING WITH THE CONTROLLERS TRYING TO CRAM A BUNCH OF S'HIT INTO IT THAT IT DOESN'T NEED!

Not that they will stop doing that, but whatever. -continues to play PS2-

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Well people do like to shoot things, but I was referring to both FPSes and other more open-world style games like Skyrim or creative games like Dishonored or Dues Ex. With Nintendo trying to make all these new revolutionary consoles and technology you would think they would try to make some creative revolutionary games, but I can't say they have done that. If Nintendo is going to keep working on motion control then maybe they should release games that utilize it, such as Skyward Sword or what Red Steel could have been if it hadn't have sucked.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Default PlayStation's conference today

Red steel 2?

12. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

Goodbye used games

13. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

Looking for new creative games as well, but sure, why not.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Default PlayStation's conference today

I mean i thought they came out with a sequel that used motionplus.

But yeah, more sword combat games please.

15. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

PS4 will play used games.

16. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Hes right, its confirmed that PS4 will play used games.

17. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Was really, REALLY hoping for backwards compatibility. I guess I'll just have to miss out on certain PS3 games (Tales of Graces f, Disgaea 3 and 4) unless they allow me to play them via alternate methods. Regardless, I don't currently have any interest in any of the games advertised except Watch Dogs...which I'll probably get for the Wii U (tablet controls) or PC (graphical capabilities), so it'll be a while before I DO get this console.

18. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

No BC=no buy, in my eyes. I still have PSX/PS2 games I replay once a year, and I'm not switching between a ton of consoles to play games, not when my outlets are hard as hell to get to and I don't have any form of switching mechanism, or the electrical capacity to even handle one. The only game I'm interested in next gen is MonolithSoft's next at the moment, and that's on Wii U anyway.

19. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

;; I agree with ya, it's just that there is no way in hell I'm getting the next xbox and I usually get a Nintendo console + other company console. I am disgusted with the 360, and if it wasn't for Mass Effect/Vesperia, I'd completely regret ever getting one.

20. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

Yay