Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Ouch, Bungie's "Destiny" is coming to PS4?
    Low punch for Xbox.

2. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

"persistent online" is a nice way of saying console shooter MMO.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Isn't destiny going to be multiplatform?

4. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

No Vita price cut, memory cards or otherwise.

RIP Vita

5. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

That gets a resounding meh from me. Nothing really interesting that caught my eye. Just the same old stuff I was expecting.

And Destiny was always multi plat, XBOX and PS possibly PC too but undecided.

6. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Well they just said that PS4 will have exclusive content so if it is multiplatform, sucks for everyone else.

7. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

All the games are not Ingame action but running on PC with "similar" Hardware. I'll wait for real Gameplay before judging this console.

8. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

did they mention the specs? I tuned in late and my friend is telling me it has 8Gb ram...

That's freaking 4 times more than the Wii U. Even if the OS took 2 GB, thats 6GB ram for gaming alone, over 1gb on the Wii U...

9. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

You're right, it's 8GB ram. But all videos were running on PC.

10. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

*Supercharged PC Architecture
    *X86 CPU - 8 cores
    *Enhanced PC GPU - 2 teraflops
    *8 GB RAM - GDDR5
    *Local HDD

11. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

I agree with the first part, but for the second:

You only have that issue when you buy the top. Especially now. The only things that are expensive for a computer nowadays is the CPU and the GPU. Everything else is dirt cheap. 16GB of RAM, more than you'd ever need anytime soon, is like $40. If you were building a new PC, buy that and you'd be set until long after every other part in your PC dies.

The only advantage console gaming has over PC gaming, in my opinion, is that developers can develop knowing exactly what hardware they're working with. It allows them to make use of special features in the hardware that you couldn't if it was in the GPU or CPU of a PC, because there's no logical reason to spend a ton of time optimizing for a specific part when there's no way that it will be used by most players. That's why consoles can get away with significantly inferior parts compared to a PC. Plus, PCs have to run OSes and whatnot in the background while a console does not.

Meanwhile, every game doesn't need to be on max settings, a concept that many gamers (mostly spoiled ones) do not understand. This misconception that everything must be on max settings (Bundled with the "graphics are everything" mindset) forces people to buy the top grade everything, and as a result spend way more money than necessary. But even with that being true, there has been a HUGE decrease in price for just about everything, not just RAM. I remember when the newest NVidia Graphics card at the highest level and best specs was over a grand, if not double that. I was just looking at GPUs, and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 (Either best or second best) with ridiculous on board memory is only $400-500. Yes, it's a lot, but it's nothing compared to what they used to cost.

Consider how low that is compared to how it used to be, and if you get a few models back, it's dirt cheap too. You could easily build a PC that's far superior quality compared to a console for the same amount as a new Wii U or PS3. It won't be top of the line but it doesn't need to be.

E3 has been incredibly disappointing in the last few years. I'm happy they're shifting away from it.

Edit: As for the PS4 itself...
    I've never really been that impressed by specs. Graphics are not the end-all to games, and they have never been a requirement to me for me to enjoy a game. Sony tooting high specs means literally nothing to me. I want to see games, and from what I understand the only major thing they've announced is Diablo 3 being on it...but also PS3...so I'm not impressed. I didn't see the conference so I might have missed a game that might interest me, but from what I've heard it's not impressive yet. That of course can change, but considering the price the PS3 started out with and the specs I'm hearing for the PS4, I doubt it will be cheap to buy the console.

To be fair compared to the Wii U, the only reason I got a Wii U myself is because of Monster Hunter, and I'm a gigantic Monster Hunter fanatic, so there was absolutely no chance I wasn't going to get a Wii U and a 3DS, because both are getting it, and 3DS is getting MH4 exclusively (at least right now, who knows if they won't do a MH4U too), so Nintendo getting Capcom to switch to them for MH pretty much sold Nintendo for me. Sony has lost Monster Hunter, which is a huge hit for them in my book, and they haven't had anything all that exciting recently. I guess it remains to be seen, but so far I'm not interested at all.

12. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

I know I keep mentioning the vita over and over again in my posts, but the lack of a price cut for the Vita really saddens me. For the memory, or something, at least. I had my eye on that bundle, and I really hope they follow up with some Vita news VERY soon.

EDIT: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...gb_memory_card

^That. I expected to see that tonight, and I didn't get it. So I'm disappointed.

13. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Wait... what was the advertised price for this console?

Also, lol this.

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

What the f'uck? People are crazy.

15. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Although harsh, the price dip wasnt too bad, but damn.

And WSJ pinned the price to be in 2 SKUs of like $399 and $449

16. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Rumors say the console will be sold in some sort of bundles of 400 and 450 $ IIRC, which doesn't sound crazy at all considering the specs.

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

I don't see why people are hating on the PS4. I feel it is way to early to make judgements like that. We've only seen a small glimpse of what is to come. I am really excited for Uncharted 4 and others that will be coming way down the road.

18. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

I will be getting it. The price is not that much. People spend more than this on a phone that can be broken in a few hours.

19. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

By that logic, some people spend more on nx than that price tag in a month lol.

20. Default Re: PlayStation's conference today

Wasnt there a system that got something called a red light or something....

Oh wait.