Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

I don't disagree, I am extremely paranoid and view every single person I meet as a potential threat, including a lot of my own family members. I do disagree with the last line though; it's actually the opposite. If a criminal thinks someone is carrying a gun, there is a HUGE chance they will just give up before they even commit the crime. Why do you think they specifically target areas with no guns, like schools and movie theatres? They know nobody can stop them, there.

Why do you think I carry one?

2. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

That's a difference of opinion. If everyone around me was carrying a gun, and there was any type of conflict, such as an argument, such tensions soon become something greater. But that's all perspective, none the less, your critisism that the article should have pointed out "carrying the following will stop the following" isn't exactly the purpose of it, from what I read it's "After everything fails".

Again opinion/context/perspective.

3. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

I suppose so, it's just, most of the time normal citizens carrying weapons aren't going to just up and shoot someone, shootings are done by crazed sociopaths/druggies who will pull some pomegranate like that regardless to get what they want, whether it be money or attention or excitement from killing someone I guess. Just to carry a gun, like I said, there's a day long course on how to use it properly and the repercussions in detail of what will happen to you if you don't.

Spoiler

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

Why the pineapple are we advocating for potential rapees to carry guns when pepper spray achieves the same exact result without potentially killing the rapist?

Not to mention hardly anyone will carry guns around since everyone who would want to carry a gun would already have some sort of self protection already.

5. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5t4HvPmHpI

Goddamn thumbnail.

6. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

Certain illegal substances can make you partially or even totally immune to the effects of pepper spray or even a taser, due to lack of nerve responses and deadening of sensation.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

Excellent, so let's also teach people to become excellent marksmen because the odds of surviving a handgun shot are roughly 80%, because if you shoot anywhere else on the body, they won't feel it!

Or, perhaps the best solution to this entire problem:

Don't travel alone at night, kids, and avoid the damn problem in the first place.

8. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

The real question is, why do you care if they get shot?

Those poor rapists, getting an owwie in the middle of the night while trying to make it the only way they can with a woman, she should feel ashamed of herself for fighting back!

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

I'll let you know I totally have a counterpoint, but well, you saw that other thread .

I really do! I want to say it b-b-b-but...goddammnit why am I arguing with myself now?

10. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

Because we don't want people able to randomly shoot others under the pretext of "He/She was going to rape me!"? I can only imagine how hilariously hard that would be to prove, especially if you kill the other person.

I don't think many people are worried explicitly about the safety of the rapist, but we live in a world where a burglar can sue a school while stealing the floodlights because he fell through the hole left by the now missing floodlight. It's not so straightforward.

11. Default Re: The University of Colorado tells women to use bodily fluids to hold off rapists

This is actually a good point, and what sucks is you'll get raped in jail too...not sure I have an answer to that one. Only thing I can say is, our legal system sucks.