1. Default North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

Taken from here
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91I0J520130219

If they were to nuke South Korea, wouldn't they just be killing themselves off with radiation poisoning?

2. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

South Korea: Sigh. This pomegranate again. Move along.

I'm really not even surprised at this article. To the South, the North is kind of like that annoying friend you just can't shake off and won't shut up (is that too mean? They always talk big, after all...).

It's funny because in this year's presidential election, relations with North Korea barely ranked up there as a peoples' concern (the economy ranked first).

3. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

Watch the nuke malfunction when its lauching and blowing inside their own country.

4. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

One has to wonder just what do they aim to do in the first place. I don't see this threat being very effective.

5. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

Technically they are already killing themselves over this stupid feud so I could imagine them lacking just as much hindsight.

6. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

Or something along these lines.

http://i.minus.com/i8q5uQxHtJDy3.gif

7. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

This may feel strange, but I am concerned with NEXON then

8. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

I was for a moment, but they moved their HQ to Tokyo last year. They should be okay.

9. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

I'm not, i'm concerned with anyone who might be living in fear, even if these threats are empty. I mean the odds of them actually doing anything is low, and their technology is 'ancient'. But even then, i feel bad for anybody who might live in fear in south korea despite just trying to live a regular life. Nobody deserves to live like that.

10. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

Cycle of provocation. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

North Korea is starting to sound like a playground bully. Picking on kids it sees as being less cool because of the problems it has at home.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

If they nuke S. Korea, the international community is going to f'uck them, plain and simple.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

How? Economic sanctions? Allow me to guffaw.

The "international community" won't nuke them back, because the population there is just as innocent as civilians everywhere. Being brainwashed to worship your leader is not a deadly sin. The leaders, of course, have nuclear shelters and everything necessary to wait until the "international community" loses interest.

And if you're suggesting the "international community" will do unto them as it did unto Iraq... well, America is not in the mood to send troops to their deaths at this time, especially since "it won't bring back the poor South Koreans", and nobody else will go if the USA doesn't.

About the only ones who might act are the Chinese, who might decide that having a proven lunatic on their border is intolerable. How they will go about excising this sore, is anyone's guess.

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

No, the international community would most likely not nuke them. What could happen is that China feels they have tolerated enough insolence and stops sending food and oil to North Korea. That for one would completely cripple their economy and would probably fairly easily bring them to submission. The loss of their senior-most ally would be devastating.

I was not suggesting that the international community pull an "Iraq" because not only was Iraq a complete blunder for numerous reasons, but this situation is very different from the one back in early 2000.

The international community would definitely not stand for this and I would imagine that they would take military intervention on a grand scale. If North Korea did this and the U.N. and U.S. did nothing, that is a sure sign to Iran that they are good to go with creating and launching nukes as they please, not to mention that this would surely result in the abolition of the United Nations. If an international body of this magnitude literally cannot do anything against a nuclear aggressor, then why even have an IGO like the U.N.? It would literally be the League of Nations all over again. When countries begin to throw WMD's around that is usually the red-line for everyone else and in this case, I feel that even the most pro-N. Korean countries would take a stand against them. How do you think the Chinese would react to this insult? North Korea may be their "ally," but they already have strained relations and North Korea dropping nukes would definitely clash with China's struggle for Pacific hegemony.

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

You all underestimate North Korea (the birthplace of modern civilization and technologically too advanced for the minds of inbred hillbilly western cowboys like yourselves) and dear leader. Death to America! MAGICAL UNICORN POWER REIGN SUPREME!

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

What kind of military intervention on a grand scale are you suggesting? If not nuking and not conventional warfare ("Iraq") then what?
    China, yes, I said myself that China can and will act. But the UN? USA? How?

And yes, I know that if they don't, the UN can fold and Iran can run free. Unfortunately I fear that that is exactly what will happen.

But, we shall have to wait and see. Hopefully North Korea can be deterred.

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

War without the use of WMDs. When I talked about Iraq, I was not referring to conventional warfare because much of Iraq was not conventional. The original goal of Iraq seemed to be to achieve a regime change from that of Saddam Hussein. This part of the war was won fairly quickly, but the real problem was the insurgency (which is anything but conventional) that occured after. That is just one of many reasons why you can't really use Iraq as a model for what we should do if this situation with N. Korea arises.

It really comes down to China. If China takes strong action, then the U.N. and U.S. do not have to do as much. A nice naval blockade to block all imports and exports and military strikes on both IBM sites or nuclear development facilities could also do the trick.

Again, I do not have all the answers. I am just trying to point out that these things situations are very complicated. There are a lot more options than 1) pull an Iraq, 2) nuke them, or 3) let them do what they want.

18. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

more of North Korea trying to talk smack?oh boy >_>

19. Default Re: North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea

i think it's scary that kim jong un can't be predicted
    i mean this is the guy who had his science team fake finding a unicorn lair as like the first thing he did when he got into office

he's literally insane