1. Default Keep Attack Speed Inner Ability on my Angelic Buster?

Yesterday I got this ability while looking for crit.

Is it a noticeable increase in dps or should I still aim for crit?

It feels quite a bit faster and have looked at raw numbers but still not really sure.

Thanks for your time.

2. Default Re: Keep Attack Speed Inner Ability on my Angelic Buster?

Not using any hurricane-type skills? Then it's approximately 10% increase in final DPS (as in, this is the final final "multiplier"). I'd say, keep it.

Some math for you: with Star Gazer and a rough 45% base crit rate (30% SS mastery, Hyper and bits and pieces here and there), you are doing 207% damage when you crit (1.2x * 1.45 min crit from SS mastery and SG, 1.5 * 1.6 max crit from SG) i.e. 148%/s raw average. If you now get a reasonable 25% crit from Azwan, then at 70% crit rate you will do 174.9%/s raw average. That is about 18% increase in DPS. It is alot to be fair. The minimal amount without overshooting 100% crit i.e. starting from 75% base then your increase in DPS is about 14.8%.

Numbers seem to be telling me that %crit is better, because of Star Gazer's massive bonuses to crit damage. But 10% increase in DPS from IAS is already very respectable... will you kill yourself for running through 500 circulators and not getting any %crit better than 15-20%?

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Keep Attack Speed Inner Ability on my Angelic Buster?

Thank you for the detailed answer. If it comes down to needing the high end crit bonuses I will gladly stick with the attack speed. The extra dps from crit sounds very nice though, which gives me some motivation to get the phantom link.

4. Default Re: Keep Attack Speed Inner Ability on my Angelic Buster?

Attack speed increase also have the perk of utility. The difference in speed might be what kills HTs black wyverns before they use dispell on you.

5. Default Re: Keep Attack Speed Inner Ability on my Angelic Buster?

I'd like to point out that you'd be sitting on 60% crit chance with level 2 phantom link. After that you're already above avg and the critical damage increase isnt as much as below 50. Not to mention that you can probaly easily get a 5% crit ring sometime, which puts you at 65%.

6. Default Re: Keep Attack Speed Inner Ability on my Angelic Buster?

That's a good point. I am still using the hat from hot time which gives 5 crit. With that, hypers and phantom link 2 I can get 65 which is very respectable. Chuck in a crit neb and it can go higher.
    Last edited by Soph; 2013-02-19 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Derp