1. Default Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

For party play zones does anybody know the exp formula for how much exp you recieve assuming that I attack (my damage is legitly able to solo the map) and the rest of the people leech.

How much exp would I gain and how much exp would leechers gain?

I would like the formula please and thank-you.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

The leech formula is the same as anywhere else. The difference is that after it's applied, each person's share gets the party play bonus added to it (as well as any other relevant bonuses, such as HS or Mercedes link).

It has two parts.
    One part splits the experience by damage done to the enemy. If you're soloing, you get this entire part.
    The other part splits experience by level of the party members. Assuming you and your party members are all roughly the same level, you'll each get an equal share of this.

Party play bonus is 50% per party member other than yourself, plus the regular party bonus of 5% per party member including yourself. So, 280% for a full party.

Unfortunately I can't recall the sizes of the parts of the leech formula, so what I just told you is pretty useless. Hopefully this bump will get the attention of someone who remembers, though.

What I do recall from training:
    - Killer gets about double the experience of leeches
    - For killer, the bigger the party, the better (due to the bonus)
    - For leeches, the smaller the party, the better (due to not sharing exp with too many other leeches. Oddly enough, the increased party bonus doesn't make up for it)

3. Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

If I remember right it's 80-20, meaning 80% of the exp is split fairly between the party members (based on level) and 20% is split based on damage.

In a 2 person party this means a pure leecher gets half of the 80% and none of the 20%, so 40% of the exp.
    In a 4 person party, leechers each get 20% of the exp.

Level difference goes like "add all the levels, then party member gets a percent equal to their contribution." So level 100+200 means the level 100 gets 33% and the level 200 gets 66% of the exp.

4. Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

I'm a little confused but I'll give an example for both of you.

Here's the party:

The attacker is the level 160 while the rest are leeching.

NO exp buffs at all except in a party play zone that gives +50% exp per party member.

I kill a monster that gives 100,000 EXP.

Now how much exp does EACH person get?

Show calculations please and thanks :)

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

First, the damage part: the level 160 gets 20,000 for that, nobody else gets anything.

Then, the split by level part. Adding up all the levels: 110+120+130+140+150+160 = 810
    110/810 = ~13.6%, so that guy will get 13.6% of 80,000 = 10864
    and by the same token, the 120 gets 11851
    and so on
    160/810 = 19.7%, so the attacker gets 15802 of the 80,000, for a total of 35802.

Now we multiply each by 2.8 to get the party bonus. So the 160 gets 35802 * 2.8 = 100,245 bonus.
    The 110 gets 10864 * 2.8 bonus, so 30,419.

The others I leave as an exercise for you.

6. Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

The exp is actually cut into 60 / 40 portions for damaged-based sharing and level-based sharing, respectively. I.e. 60% of the EXP goes to people who kill actively, 40% is distributed among party leechers. We call it the 80-20 formula because in a party of 2, the killer gets roughly 80% of the EXP (60% + 40%/2) and the leecher gets roughly 20%.

E.g. A party of 2 (with 1 leecher) each gets 20% of the EXP from leeching.

For the case study, here's the distribution calculation:

Now, party play effect comes into the picture by kicking up the leech EXP (from 40%) by partyNumber*50%. In other words, the leech percentage is now 340% for a party of 6. I don't know exactly how it behaves, but I believe it just boosts the leech exp from 40,000 (out of the total of 100,000) to 340,000. My bad, forgot that it only adds 50% per member other than yourself. So together with regular party bonus (5% per member), the total leech EXP gets boosted to 280%. I don't know if it is additive or multiplicative, but I'll assume additive since multiplicative wouldn't yield the kind of EXP I see at LHC. Overestimated, it seems multiplicative like Sapta suggested.

This 280% is added on top of the original 40%, yielding 320% of the monster's exp as Leech EXP. In other words, 320,000 is distributed among party members by level, this table is yielded (HS optional):

party bonus being additive, seems like a gross overestimation

P.S. Here's the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2013-02-16 at 08:40 PM.

7. Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

Always confused me cause both had 80-20 and 40-60 splits, depending how you look at it.

One way: 80% to party, 20% to damage - an equal level party gets 40% (leecher) and 60% (killer).
    Other way: 40% to party, 60% to damage - an equal level party gets 20% (leecher) and 80% (killer).

I'm fairly sure we receive the first of these now, and used to receive the second, but haven't actually checked.

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

the change to 60/40 was more or less to aid classes like bishops was it not?

9. Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

Well, there could've been another change since the last I remember of, but I didn't bother to keep track. We switched to the non-leecher-friendly formula years ago at the height of bishop/AM skele/newt leech selling.

10. Default Re: Anybody know the leeching formula for EXP at LHC/LKC or SH?

My calculator makes this easy. Just put your attacker one the top line and fill out the rest of the sheet. Leave the Ratio field at 'Ascension' (20% by damage, 80% by level). I have verified the accuracy of this calculator just a month ago. The first column of experience is the base value that character receives and the the second column is what shows as Bonus for Party. In your case, leave HS set to No and select Yes for Party Zone. It may be off by 1 or 2 points per person just because of rounding.

http://www.thorrsoldhammers.com/msca...tyExpCalc.html

You do not need to put in Party Size or Mob Level. Party size is figured automatically and Mob Level is there for future changes. The Damage % is based on 1 and not 100 (so 100% = 1, 50% = 0.50).

Your example calcs to be the following -

Base Exp of 100,000 for the mob

lvl: base + bonus

160: 35802 + 100247 (attacker)
    150: 14815 + 41481
    140: 13827 + 38716
    130: 12840 + 35951
    120: 11852 + 33186
    110: 10864 + 30419