Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

After doing a simple overview for the hyper skills we got and are going to get, i found out they have several similarities among them.

You can skip this part if you find it boring.
    Spoiler

All in all, these hyper skills are mainly used to OHKO bosses which have many parts like Zakum or Horntail if you watch KMS bossing video frequently in my opinion. These skills are rarely used in training or mobbing because we can already OHKO the mobs using our 4th job skills. In a nutshell, do you think attacking hyper skills are mainly designed for bossing only?

2. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

not a lot of people can actually OHKO zakum's arms even with these skills.
    heck, i probably can't still with my wind of frey/epic adventurer/preparation combo, lol

they do seem to be designed around bossing, or higher HP mob training.

3. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

You got them all down from what I see.
    DB's asura is not a keydown, but it's similar to IL's hyper or Blade Dancing/Ultimate Drive. You can move with the skill, but you cannot use other skills at the same time (besides FJ). I have no idea why it's got its own buff icon, but I love that because you can extend its duration and lower its cooldown

I don't understand what you mean by them being made for bossing though. Some are, but most are just great mobbing/high damage skills which are equally useful in mobbing high HP monsters and bossing.

4. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

IAs for buff duration/lower CD do not work with hyper skills. Character cards shouldn't either.

5. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

Those are all keydown skills.

The 8s CD Hypers are all decent for training if you don't already OHKO.

6. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

High hp monsters as in LKC or KSH monsters? Not sure if people really use them when training at there but these are the end-game places where people train.

I never really think that they can be used for training aside from bossing. Thanks for the point!

7. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

If I'm not mistaken, they do work on KMS hypers and current hypers in GMS.
    I think I worded that correctly o-o
    I should have worded it better, but it's hard to word..
    I meant it's not a keydown, but it acts just as BD/UD do. It's not a keydown, but it might as well be because all you can do in it is FJ.

8. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

I use rose constantly at training, it's usually a 1hko at HoH or just a nice way to clear the map. Asura can be used at the top of a map and just FJ down until there's no more monsters to ohko. Keydown skills that you can't move with are pretty much bossing only, all the others you can incorporate into ohkoing and training at high HP mobs.

9. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

My brother got the short end of the stick in general since he has an I/L and we share an Evan. He only wishes that Lightning Sphere worked like Asura with time extension and mobility, or even if it only worked like Supernova or Distortion Field. He lays it out simply, "At what modern bosses am I going to have 8 full seconds of safety to cast the thing? I can't use it when most new bosses have mobility or OHKO! I can't even use it at Azwan." I told him there were plenty of options but he's pretty unfunded with lag problems and only runs Root Abyss or Azwan with me.

I think it's a pretty good skill for clearing out things like Zak and other multiparted bosses, but goodness is it gaudy. Actually most of them are. -Shrugs-

Edit: I forgot to mention he has a F/P too, "not enough reprocessing rate" is his critique on that. I guess that's fair, but the DoT makes up a bit of it.

10. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/upd...te-notes#hyper
    "Hyper skills are not affected by buff duration increase or cooldown decrease."

But it's anyone's guess that Nexon could mess this up despite what it says.

11. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

You are mistaken. I've tested Mercedes hypers personally and had a friend test Kaiser. Neither buff duration nor cooldown reduction work with hypers in GMS.

I cannot test cooldown ignore.

12. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

Yeah I've seen that, but I've heard different from players who have hypers..

I've heard against that, but I'll take your word for it.

13. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

For the record, Time Leap doesn't reset Hyper skills' cooldowns.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

@VerrKol; I tested with Phantom too and neither cooldown reduction or buff duration had any effect on my hyper skills.

15. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

I see it like casting Panic - 30s cooldown and the fact that it takes a swing means it's only worth it on stuff you 4-5hko or more. It was most useful when taking down a single group of monsters took up most of the cooldown time.

Being ridiculously strong is of course gonna simplify training, you just one-shot stuff with whatever skill casts quickly.

16. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

That's especially true for NL's where they don't have a 4th job mobber, and have to rely on using FJ with Shade Split's close range to mob.

17. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I greatly disagree Evan Hyper Skill is a troll. A 30 second duration that gives continue damage summon seems great for any situation. And our summon takes care of any boss summon.

If I'm attacking Horntail, and Horntail summons wyverns, my summon will stop attacking Horntail and begin attacking the summons. Specially useful for those horrible dark wyverns and their dispel.

Don't disregard us for not having a 90second cooldown hurricane like many other classes.

18. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

Keydown means just that, you have to hold the key down for it...
    You'd have to hold the key down on UD to move while using it, just as you'd hold it down to use it while standing in one spot, like other hurricane skills.

Saying it's not a keydown implies you press the key once to activate it, and again to stop. Also, we have to stop using UD in order to FJ, unless BD and asura are different that much (I know one can jump during those two) we can assume FJ during is impossible.

19. Default Re: Are attacking hyper skills mainly designed for bossing only?

Well it's 13 attacks at most from the dragon before it disappears, which is pretty terrible.
    Evans do get to hit cap easily during potential lock thanks to Frenzied Soul + reinforce + guardbreak hypers though. Kind of nice if you don't feel like suiciding out of it then reviving with Soul Stone.

20. Helium Atom Straight Male
    Mississippi

You don't hold the key down for asura. You press the key to start it and it lasts as long as the buff icon lasts, then stops, without pressing again, like a buff does.