1. Default Physical and Elemental Resistances

I have a couple questions regarding the physical resistance independent from pdr that Empress, Magnus, Hilla, and the new Root Abyss bosses have.

I realize certain classes are immune to it, though I'm only aware of Evan, Archmages, and Luminous. Are there other classes immune that don't face elemental reduction?

Also, Is it a flat 50% reduction, or does it take into account a classes' % Damage and % Boss buff, or perhaps is it affected by any other variables I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

2. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

I Heard the new Striker job are also immune to physical resis

3. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

4. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

So classes like Battle Mages and Thunder Breakers are affected.

5. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

Yeah, afaik TB and Pally don't ignore p-resist, only elemental resist. And anything that doesn't have an element is physical, so BaM gets halved too.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

Are you certain of this for TB post revamp? I ran the math for a WA videos in KMS (comparing Zak and Hilla) and it appears to ignore Hilla's physical resist. I would assume it's the same for TB... I wish I had a KMS account to do personal testing.

The elemental reset for CK really makes no sense except to ignore physical resist. Wind isn't even an element as far as MS is concerned so I can't understand what else it could possibly be for

7. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

Note that Arch Mages are only immune to it when Elemental Decrease is active.

8. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

It is not the class but the skills like elemental reset. Archmages, BW, and Evan all ahve the skill. KoC get a similar beginner skill post-revamp, although i do not know if it works the same. As for as i can remember Luminous does not have elemental reset but have Arcane Pitch, which states it ignores resistances, dont know if it does the same thing as elemental reset though.

9. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

I'm not sure but I read somewhere in the forum that
    Phantom + Elemental Decrease (from i/l or f/p) + mage att like Chain Lightning = works

If you say the new KOC got that too. Let's see how they going to with the Flame Wizard's Elemental Decrease. =P

10. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

A little late, but looks like that's true for TB too. Or at least this TB hits the same on Zakum and Hilla. Guess they ignore p-resist after all.

11. Default Re: Physical and Elemental Resistances

wow.