1. Default Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

More...

2. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

Oh look, losses in NA, gee, what a surprise.

3. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

Damn, you go Japan.

4. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

Wow 172%.. what happened in Japan!?!

5. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

They acquired gloops, a mobile game developer, which made up most of that. Their revenue excluding gloops is actually 3% less than last year in Japan (3.5b Yen vs 3.6b Yen last year), with gloops bringing in 6.4b Yen in Q4. They expect most of the revenue in Japan to be driven by mobile gaming.

gloops

Shareholder Letter

Interestingly, they mention a tier one update in conjunction with MapleStory's 10th Anniversary patch. I wonder what it could be.

6. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

172%? What the crap? I would not have thought that they would surpass China's growth much less exceed by five times as much. What game/company was acquired in Japan?

Nexon America bleeding again, even with Tempest in Maplestory.

Well, they did "accidentally" ban everyone in Vindictus and still have not been able to fix that pomegranatestorm. So money loss there too.

7. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

It's interesting to see how much Japan's results jumped from obtaining Gloops, but I suppose there were hints it'd be profitable because I see quite a bit of news on mobile game development at Japan. No surprises at everywhere else though.

8. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

Wow I just don't understand why they don't realize yet that providing crappy service and support is going to continue to eat their profits in NA considerably until they change it. -21% in NA is a no brainer to us considering the hacking that continuously goes unchecked, the false bans, exploits and the stupid NX shenanigans. With the stories of how terrible Nexon NA is managed on the west coast as well this does not surprise me one bit. But someone at the top has to realize soon that they are tanking quarter after quarter and loosing millions of dollars that could easily be theirs if they just had half a brain to intelligently run the game with.

9. Default Re: Nexon Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results

The numbers don't show how much NexonAM actually made. It shows how much of their revenue came from the actual continent of North America. We all know Nexon America has a number of players in countries that are not in North America. This number is most likely understated.

From the shareholder's report for Korea. Aww, that's what I was worried about.