View Poll Results: Which power would you pick?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slow down time to any rate i'd like.

37 84.09%
  • Speed up time to any rate i'd like.

7 15.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

If you could only pick one of the two for time control. Which would you go with? The ability to slow down time as much as you want, up to a crawl (can't stop it or go backwards because i have read too much about the catastrophic effects).

Or the ability to speed it up with almost no limit?

One rule though: your metabolism and aging stays in normal speed regardless of if you're slowing time or speeding it up.

Speed up time 3x for 1 hour, you age 1 hour but 3 hours have passed in real time.

Slow down time to .5 for 1 hour, still age 1 hour. a half hour would pass in 'real' time.)

What uses would you find for your choice?
    Last edited by Seanny; 2013-02-11 at 06:47 PM.

2. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Not to get too deep into it (conscious vs unconcious) I'd like to slow down time, then I can sleep as long as I want, play a game as long as I want. First thing I would do is slow time down to as slow as possible and rob like crazy

3. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Slow down. I need more time to study for my exams.

4. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Slow down definitely. Can abuse that so much.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Slowing down time has so many more practical uses. Speeding up time would help... when waiting for a bus? I dunno

6. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Think "The Flash" for speed up.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Wouldn't that be speeding up your body, rather than time? If you speed up time the world moves faster, not you.
    Slowing down time is more like the Flash, you slow down the world around you, so you seem faster.

8. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Whoops you're right, I'm not really sure how beneficial speeding up time would be, unless you're extremely impatient.

OH I KNOW. Invest all the money you ever make in retirement, fast forward to 65 years. BAM BILLIONAIRE.

9. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Okay so imagine passerby wondering if you are dead as you stand still for 65 years.

10. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

I'd be more concerned about how society has changed in 50 years. Could you imagine you're standing there suddely disitigrate because of a war or something. LOL

11. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Slow down is winning by a landslide.

But yeah i'm the odd one out in this because i'd go with speed up time. I'm interested in technically living longer to experience technological advancements... and new games. I probably wouldn't speed through days at a time though, I think speeding up doctor and waiting room visits would add up to add a couple of years to life. Not to mention loading screens to games i wanna play.

It would also be useful if say you ended up injured or trapped and needed to wait for help. Speed up time= technically putting yourself in suspension till help arrives and minimizing the damage over time.

12. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

If I chose slowing down time, I suspect that within real world 20 years, I'd be 60-70 years old and dead within 40 years due to abuse of the skill . I would live a "shorter" life and not be able to experience nearly all the things I would like to in one lifetime. Therefore, I must choose speeding up time because I would live "longer", perhaps long enough to live into a time where anti-aging technologies have progressed far enough to prolong this life even more. Not to mention, if I ever lived into a time where the backwards timemachine were invented everything would be gravy.

Don't be fooled by the short-term advantages of slowing time.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

You did read the original post right?

14. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Slowing down. So many ways to use this. Speeding up has literally no uses.

15. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

If you slow down time, you make everyone think you're speeding up.

16. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

I did, for example, if I am currently 20 (2013) and I spend the next 20 years of my life slowing time down by to an average of half-speed, I will be 40 when only 10 years (2033) have elapsed. Stretch this out to an age of 80 or so when I expect I may die, and I will have only lived to see 30 years pass while I have aged 60. Even if I realize this and take steps to limit my use, I can't expect to see more than 50 years of real time pass. Unless I don't use the power at all, then what would be the point of even picking it?

Why be alive only to see a sliver of time pass, think about all the wonderous and perhaps horrifying inventions, innovations and newsworthy events you may miss if you only live to see 30 more years of history.

17. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Seems like you didn't...?

At any rate, I would slow down time. The only issue I could see with it is that interacting with the world could remain at normal time (i.e. a computer wouldn't process a lot of stuff when you slow down because it's part of the world. You couldn't listen to music, cook food, or do anything that relies on anything that depends on time to pass.)

You could read and sleep. I don't know what else I could do though.
    Last edited by Jedward; 2013-02-11 at 05:51 PM.

18. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

The fact that i could sleep untill i am rested any day of the week is all the reason i would ever need to pick slow down time.

Not to mention preparing for tests and exams.

19. Default Re: Pick a power: Slow down time or Speed it up.

Speed up until my life is over.