IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Elemental Wand/Staves

I remember reading about this ages ago, but I've completely forgotten about how it works.

So elemental wands/staves give bonuses for elements that match the colour right? how much does it increase those by? (I remember that it was lowered at one point)

I also heard of a damage reduction if you use the wrong element. Is this true? how much is the reduction?

Could I use an Ice/Lightning Elemental Wand on my Bishop without a reduction?

And are Battle Mages affected by this reduction (I doubt this)

thanks!

2. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

10% to the color and 5% to that colors secondary element. In other words, a blue staff would boost ice at 10% and lightning at 5% and penalize every other element except dark (it did not exist back then).
    Do note that when GMS repaired and nerfed the elements after taking them out completely with BB, they jumbled up the colors and effects for staves (not wands), but there is a list somewhere here at SP.
    Originally the buff was bigger, but after BB they deemed it too much.
    Bishops would be penalized from every staff and wand, but BaMs are left unaffected.

3. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

It should be 10% bonus primary, 5% secondary, and 30% penalty for different element. And all the weapons are giving bonuses to the correct elements now.

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

There was a short period in time where E. Wands/Staffs had no penalty for bishops.
    That penalty has been replaced now, however.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Ah, thanks a lot. Kinda what I expected, surprised at the big 30% reduction though. D:

6. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

I think it used to be 50%, when the weapons first came out? Anyone want to confirm or throw knowledge in my face?

Regardless, perhaps the 30% wasn't changed in the nerf, as the staves used to be 25%/10%, primary/secondary elements, respectively.

7. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

I always thought the penalty was 25%

8. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

Maybe it is 25%. I just plopped down 30% after testing it with Evan's Ice Breath and seeing other people cite that number somewhere. I only tested it for like 1 second lol

9. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

This thread: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=41054

It's a 25% penalty on opposing attributes and Holy.

10. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

No significant effect on BaMs IIRC. Then again, who cares about Dark Shock when it kills things in one hit...

Hadriel

11. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

^ That is because there is no penalty for dark element. Like I said, it did not even exist back when JMS made the Elemental wands and staves.
    BaMs are also the only class that really benefit from these now because they are the only high lvl fast staves. The elemental bonus is waaaaay to small to outweight the set bonuses on Empress or the new lvl 150 stuff.

12. Default Re: Elemental Wand/Staves

The definition of "Other elemental penalty" in the extractions and other people's discussions is rather vague, and I don't rip the data files apart to scrutinise the effects. -25% is a big deal to worry about. Also, you had not mentioned anything about JMS anywhere in this thread until just now, and that only 2/3 BaM skills use Dark element and they're rarely used so it's not anything significant for BaMs at any rate.

Hadriel