1. Default How do so many people have "OG" igns?

When I go through the ranks I see people with IGNs like Bleed, Omniscient, zawg, Uxie, etc. Theses are all names that would've been taken back in beta days or around the beginning. How are newer characters getting these names?

2. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Some buy their IGNs, other just saved for a long time.

3. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I know how but I cant tell you.

It's a person hacking accounts and selling them.
    Funny enough I managed to get one guy who still does this today to make money banned from MS itself.
    He stopped funding himself and started hacking accounts soily for their names.
    (This guy was a very famous hacker in Windia).

If they were godly he'd transfer the items to another char and delete the one with a good IGN.
    Then he sells it for profit.

I cant give any names, sorry.

4. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Argh. Reading this alone is enough to piss me off. That's awful.

5. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I do the mule delete sometimes, since I registered some things a while back. Other times (well Uxie for example; possibly zawg too) they're not actually anything special and noone's taken them. My kaiser's got a 4 letter ign too, and I just picked it out of the blue.

How are you telling character age anyway, by class?

6. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Uxie is a pokemon. So the ign is kinda rare.

7. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Not really. People wait for announcements for games, and then immediately create characters. The new 6th gen starters were claimed within the first 15 minutes of them being announced. All you have to do is have your game open and wait.

8. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

*clears throat*

9. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Got it from a friend years ago.

10. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

... You have like every freakin pokemon IGN.

11. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I sometimes like to go through my science textbooks and try to find IGNs for my mules. It's hard to get decent IGNs without having to look into having a "theme" name (like the Worthy scheme i've used for a while). Always wanted a cool, widely recognized IGN that was unique, but those tend to be used considering this game has been out of years.

12. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I've got a few "classic" IGNs that I've collected over the years. I've been playing since '05. Some of them are from old friends who have quit, too.

Those are just the ones on my main account. I'm sure I have more somewhere :P

13. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Hmm...I stick to a "theme" naming myself; the names comprise of 2 japanese words, the second being "Yukii" (well, Snow, with an extra i). The first always has something to do with the class. Some of my other characters use a non-japanese first word, while others defy this convention entirely. Lately, I've decided to ditch this naming convention and go with a single Latin word (or a derivative) for my names.

Recent names:

(Saved for future usage)
    Kaiser - Alacris (root: Alacer)
    Luminous - Lucerna (derived from Luceo, just happens to also mean "Lamp")
    Angelic Buster - Mirifica (root: Mirifico - "I exalt/magnify")

(Currently in use)
    Wind Archer/Breaker - Saevitia
    Brawler/Infighter - Veillera* (root: Veiller)

*This is French, not Latin

14. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I sometimes use scientific names.

For my Kaiser, I used Arisaetous in which Arisaema dracontium means dragon-root or green dragon. It's actually a plant, but the scientific name meaning is what I was going for.

Before that, I looked at related adjectives that went with the specific class.

15. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

6th gen wat is 6th gen... :| Ok yeah I can see how that's now a desirable ign, but it wouldn't have been picked up until last month anyway.

16. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

Thus far I've just used video game IGNs, but my Phantom's IGN is based off a fairy tale about a shadow who gains sentience and becomes rich from finding the dark secrets of others and eventually steals his master's place while marrying a princess too.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I have 6 names from Bakugan.

That's really the only noticeable ones lol

18. Default Re: How do so many people have "OG" igns?

I usually just stick two words together, most people try for one word IGNs so there are plenty of good two words.