1. Default Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

So I know that the Nova Essence on a Kaiser won't let you use any scroll or item on it that could make it explode.

If I were to use a protection scroll on it first would it let me use an 80% Epic Pot scroll after?

Just checking before I waste a protection scroll potentially. Thanks.

2. Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

Like DS's shields, you can't use anything that booms on those, unless you are able to buy another, which you can't. 100% scrolls work, otherwise can't use it anyways.

3. Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

Yea, I was hoping that the ward would let me use the scroll since it can't boom any longer.

4. Electron
    IGN: Hydroxiq
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Legends
    Alliance: None
    usa

Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

I thought I'd go ahead and post for the first time in years but I scrolled my essence with an 80% pot with the chance to boom 2 weeks ago. The scrolled worked tho. I also scrolled it with a Unique pot scroll today which also worked and it is currently sitting at crappy unique stats. I don't know if they changed it recently that you're no longer able to pot them with the epic pot scrolls but I was able to on mine. Now I just wish I could cube it....

5. Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

Hmm interesting. Does anyone else have any insight since I'm getting conflicting answers from different people I ask.

6. Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

Unique potential scrolls don't "boom." Unless you are telling me it does, because I'm only looking at it through database http://maplearchive.com/item-wp.php?id=2049751. There's also 80% versions too. Epic PoT scrolls I've only tested it since day 1 release of DS, 80s didn't work since they can boom. Later on friend told me he used a 100% epic pot scroll and it worked, I haven't bothered to try 80s ever again. If it works on kaiser's shield, it should work for every 2nd job with a "shield" that cannot be replaced.

7. Electron
    IGN: Hydroxiq
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Legends
    Alliance: None
    usa

Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

Yes, Unique potential scrolls don't boom. I got a 80% from the emerald mirrors and that's what I used. The 80% "epic pot" scroll that I used did have a boom rate though as I have not been on for any event that has given any of the 100% rate epic pot scrolls. I don't have a screenshot of me scrolling it nor video but it did work. There's also no way I could have cubed it to epic/unique since my Kaiser is only 3 weeks old.

8. Default Re: Protection Scrolls and Nova Essence

I'm confirming this with @silent7; I used an 80% Epic potential scroll with the 20% chance to blow up the item on my Nova Essence (yes, the secondary) and it successfully worked.

I am unsure if protection scrolls will work on the Essence or not though.