1. Default Dragon Slash/Demon Lash and attack speed, also attack speed in general.

Does attack speed affect these mash-attack skills the same as things like Dark Impale or Gigas strike?

just need someone to tell me if im doing it wrong

this is the regular chained delay ms for Dragon Slash posted by @JoeTang

Normal(6): DragSlash1(270ms) -> DragSlash2(270ms) -> DragSlash3(270ms) -> repeat back to DragSlash1 forever

now say I turn on booster. does the speed increase like this:

Fast(4): DragSlash1(150ms) -> DragSlash2(150ms) -> DragSlash3(150ms) -> repeat back to 1

then account for transfig and majesty for 2 more speed

Faster(2): DragSlash1(30ms) -> DragSlash2(30ms) -> DragSlash3(30ms) -> repeat back to 1

faster2 does not look correct. is this how it works? or do mash attack skills always have their static delay, no matter how much speed you get? my numbers just dont feel right and im not sure what to do

another concern i have is that some skills get more of a boost from attack speed than others? dark impale for instance

Gigas Strike vs Dark Impale

Gigas
    Spoiler

from fast5 to Faster3, a total of 90ms was taken away

dark impale
    Spoiler

from Fast5 to faster3 impale loses 120ms

i thought all skills lost the standard 90ms for each new level of speed? (from slow8 to normal, fast5 to faster3) dark impale doesnt obey this

im confused

2. Default Re: Dragon Slash/Demon Lash and attack speed, also attack speed in general.

I can't help with the first part, but here's this.

The change in delay isn't actually a fixed value, so you can't just subtract the same number and expect it to work for everything. To calculate the delay at a higher, as in faster, weapon speed, you take (10 + Weapon Speed)/16 and multiply it by the delay at Normal(6). Then you round up to the nearest multiple of 30.

So, for Dark Impale, which is 840ms at Normal(6), at Faster(3), it's:
    = ceil(((10+3)/16 * 840)/30) * 30
    = ceil(((13/16) * 840)/30) * 30
    = ceil(682.5/30) * 30
    = ceil(22.75) * 30
    = (23) * 30
    = 890ms

where ceil is the function to round up to the nearest whole number.

And then Gigaslasher is 720ms at Normal(6), so at Faster(3) it's
    = ceil(((13/16) * 720)/30) * 30
    = ceil(19.5) * 30
    = (20) * 30
    = 600ms.

3. Default Re: Dragon Slash/Demon Lash and attack speed, also attack speed in general.

tyvm, i did not know that, this actually is very helpful for something im doing atm :)

@iAmFear
    although im not entirely sure how you got 890 for dark impale, cuz my math gets 690? :S

4. Default Re: Dragon Slash/Demon Lash and attack speed, also attack speed in general.

That's a typo on his part.

Dragon Slash should be 270ms base when chained, and reaches 240ms at Fast (4) and Faster (3), and 210ms at Fastest (2).

This attack speed formula should apply for any non-keydown skill. Most Archer and Magician skills actually have a base delay of 800ms though, which is why their Normal (6) is 810ms and their Fastest (2) is 600ms, despite ceil(((12/16) * 810)/30) * 30 = 630.