1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default The Seven Hermetic Principles

So yeah doing some researching about stupid stuff I stumple across this Hermetism thing, which it's kinda explained in a boko called The Kybalion.
    1. The Principle of Mentalism.
    2. The Principle of Correspondence.
    3. The Principle of Vibration.
    4. The Principle of Polarity.
    5. The Principle of Rhythm.
    6. The Principle of Cause and Effect.
    7. The Principle of Gender.
    What's really curious to me is that this book is from 1908, but this books only tries to explain the Hermetism teachings which dates over 8000 years ago.
    And if you really try to understand what each principle says they seem pretty similar to many laws we know to date such from Newton (The principle of cause and effect), Heraclitus (Everything flows/moves) and many others.
    How could someone from that time have this kind of knowledge? Could many people be inspired by these teachings? If so how come this is not being taught in some school/universities even if it's only one "subject" or a simple homework?
    Welp this is it for my saturday night!

2. Default Re: The Seven Hermetic Principles

Truisms are considered such because they're vague enough to applicable in most any circumstance, particularly ones derived from observance of the natural world.

Why would people thounsads of years ago not be aware of the things around them more than people today? If anything it's exactly opposite because today we take most things for granted because it's handed to us on a platter without any real effort on our part, whereas our ancestors were actually invested in being aware of the world around them just to survive.