View Poll Results: Do you spend real money on NX?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Not at all. I can't afford to.

25 16.34%
  • No. But I buy it with mesos.

15 9.80%
  • Yes. About $10-$25 per month.

42 27.45%
  • Yes. About $26-$50 per month.

30 19.61%
  • Yes. $51-$150 per month.

7 4.58%
  • Yes. $151-$500 per month. I'm rich b*tch.

4 2.61%
  • Yes. I plunder the store's entire supplu of cards until I can pretend to swim in an ocean of them.

3 1.96%
  • No comment. I got other ways baby.

2 1.31%
  • Maybe. teehee >_> <_<

8 5.23%
  • I don't even play anymore. Why am I voting here?

17 11.11%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

Hackers would hack from other games, create or hack through your account on Maple, and then steal your NX.

Maple people were generally unaffected because you can't kick someone off of maple.
    But... the other players that didn't play maple. Tens of thousands of dollars were hacked away from a lot of people.

2. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

i spent around 1200/1500 euro's in EMS over the course of 1 year.
    not proud of it but at least i had fun right?XD

3. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I spent somewhere around $4k in the first 2-3 years of the Cash Shop's implementation, and in hindsight I really wish I hadn't. I spent even more on Atlantica Online when I played that, and that's all money I really should've been spending on living expenses. I spent several years in and out of homelessness because of it.

Since 2009 though, the only money I've spent on a cash shop/item mall is $15 last year on RLH keys to get my Mercedes to 200.

4. Electron Male
    IGN: keyan22
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 181
    Job: Evan
    Guild: ShimonFamily
    Alliance: Syllabicity
    canada

Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I have spent 1550$ on nx.

5. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

dont regret my purchases but jeez,

...so anyways i instagram'd a portion of collection! xoxo (I still have those smaller creditcard size nexoncards, and a lot more but this is what i scraped and found just now lol)

yes it's on my winnie the pooh blanket hehe

ps i don't even know how much i spent, i'm too scared to find out haha

6. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps the leftover cards. Keeps my spending in perspective lol.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

@Miek; That is... impressive

A friend of mine bought all of this in one day.

The sad thing is that he quit a couple months ago and I can out damage him now without having spent a $...

8. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I used to spend the maximum monthly limit with Paypal every month, which was what, 150.00 I think I forgot, and then Nexon blocked my Paypal account in early 2008 for using same Paypal on multiple accounts. Since then I haven't bought NX with cash, just meso or MTS.

I regret it though cause I mostly spent the NX on Gachapon tickets back then and never got anything good but was still very addicted to it anyways....

9. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

I didn't spend money before MTS was taken out. Since then I've spent a good amount in total, I think. I'm not sure what that total is, but it's probably close to $300. Can't say I don't look back on it with regret ever because of the nature of how NX is spent (cubing luck ugh), but for the most part I'm fine with it because I'm spending so much of my time on the game; might as well spend money.

As an aside, the best thing I EVER spent NX on (MTS or bought) was 8 slot storage expansion. The worst thing (and the majority) was gaching for the DB mask on my NL, and of course, cubing in general.

10. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

In total? Probably around the amount I spent at Rental stores. 2000$ over 6-7 years? I wouldn't call that bad. I've gotten to the point to where I don't spend a penny to 50$ a month or two.

11. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

I went with "Maybe, teehee. >_> <_<"

My spending is REALLY sporadic... I'll go months without buying NX, and then I'll splurge hundreds of dollars at once. (Moreoften than not, whenever I do charge NX, I charge $100 as a minimum...)

I think in total since 2006 I've spent between $2000-3000, with a HUGE chunk within the last year because of that pineappleing marvel machine. Never again...

12. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

@Miek; I keep my cards too since they have special Maple Story designs. Unfortunately ever since I topped up online I've kind of lost track of how much I've actually spent. >_>

13. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

The biggest problem with buying nx is that so much of the cash shop items revolve around getting really lucky. I would definitely buy more nx if it wasn't such a gamble :/

14. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

So agreed. I would prefer to buy pre-cubed items these days but I've got to use at least 29 more cubes before I can finish up my SMC shards and scream FINALLY NO MORE CUBING. Sadly, cubing seems to be the one thing where my Phantom's luck doesn't help much with.

15. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I used to buy small amounts of NX (about $10-$20 a month) but these days I don't need to.

16. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I make a conscious effort to refrain from buying NX cash, to the best of my ability.
    Purchasing NX implies that I am satisfied with what Nexon is doing.
    I am not satisfied with what Nexon is doing, so I try my hardest to not make Nexon think otherwise.
    I am very thankful that permanent pet equips were offered...whenever that was, because I'd still be spending 16k NX every 90 days.
    I have spent somewhere over $200 since I started playing in 2008. Most of my purchases were in my first year of playing, before I started becoming very cynical, very dissatisfied, very aware of obvious cashgrabs.
    Now I only purchase things that I deem absolute necessities: a simple hat to deal with my targa obstruction, and Water of Life for my crystal rudolph. Recently I've abstained from buying the hat cover, as it isn't a functional item.

17. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I probably spent about $200 back in 2007 ish when I was more obsessed with leveling. Not proud. These days the only thing I will buy is perm NX, such as pets. Might buy a single hair color change coupon for my merc soon, but I do regret spending that money years ago on 2x cards since leveling is so easy now so I'm much less willing to spend nowadays. xP

18. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

About $50, ever, and I've been here since beta.
    Doing well, I'd say. :p