View Poll Results: Do you spend real money on NX?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Not at all. I can't afford to.

25 16.34%
  • No. But I buy it with mesos.

15 9.80%
  • Yes. About $10-$25 per month.

42 27.45%
  • Yes. About $26-$50 per month.

30 19.61%
  • Yes. $51-$150 per month.

7 4.58%
  • Yes. $151-$500 per month. I'm rich b*tch.

4 2.61%
  • Yes. I plunder the store's entire supplu of cards until I can pretend to swim in an ocean of them.

3 1.96%
  • No comment. I got other ways baby.

2 1.31%
  • Maybe. teehee >_> <_<

8 5.23%
  • I don't even play anymore. Why am I voting here?

17 11.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I think I spent somewhere between $3000 - $4000 when I played from 2006 - 2010. I don't regret it at all because I enjoyed playing at the time, and you should never feel ashamed for spending money on something that brings you joy, provided you have stable balance on life where you're (a) not deriving all of your joy from this single source, and similarly (b) not mismanaging your money to pour it all into this source.

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I guess I partially regret it in the sense that I could have taken advantage of selling/buying duped items to make NX instead. But my strong insistence on being unselfish was the only thing stopping me.

With Nexon managing hacking/cheating the way it has all these years, only enforcing things with slaps on the wrist or ignoring things for months-years, can people really be blamed for choosing the paths they choose? On the other hand, why should cheaters be catered to more-so or equally to those who put forth real effort/money? They shouldn't but they are apparently.

3. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I've spent so much money on this game in the past... I don't even want to think about it. D: Then I took a 2year break and now I'm back to my old habbit, sadly. But I'm doing it in moderation now. I try not to spend more than 50$.

4. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

My girlfriend spent a little more than 12 grand on maplestory (nearly double me, although she makes a lot more money than me.) So I couldn't imagine it being as bad as you think

5. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

This poll is kinda dumb
    There should be an option that says: no because I don't want to waste my money.
    -____-

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Yep, it is obvious a lot of us have addictive (and/or masochistic) personalities.

@mithi9 The first option eludes to that, smart guy.

7. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I don't know why, but I always have these "guilty feelings" whenever I buy NX, like I know I'm not supposed to but I do it anyways. It's not because I can't spend it, or I need to spend my money anywhere else, but it somehow feels like a waste of money to me. I get the whole argument of "oh... it's just like buying movie tickets or video games", but NX just feels different to me. I'm fine spending my money on other mediums of entertainment, which is kinda odd I think.

To answer the question though, I get maybe $25 every month. Nexon has way too many good promotions -.-

8. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I used to spend money on MS, then I started playing WoW and now my money goes there. Will probably spend some on NX again if Thunder Breaker revamp hits.

9. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

1) On JMS, yes. On GMS, no. Offers are far too easy and reap essentially free NX. Especially all the Netflix ones and what not. Sign up with a newly created email, get your NX, immediately cancel. Free NX.

2) Far too much. I've been playing far too long to remember, too. At least $1,000 total at this point, but I would say probably a lot more. If it was only $1,000, that would total a little under $10/mo considering I've been playing since the start.

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I think the difference between buying nx or spending money on a video game or movie tickets is that with some of the things you can use the nx on, you are not guaranteed a good return. Cubes are the perfect example. You can spend $20 and get a much much better result than someone who spent $300. If you use that money to go to the movies, you are guaranteed to get exactly what you paid for, the option of seeing that movie. I know this is argument is very dependent on what you use the nx on, but you have to admit that a lot of the things that nx is used for are a gamble.

11. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

I don't have a total count of how much I spend because I don't really care how much I spend. I always handle all my bills + gas for my car + food for house and etc and etc and whatever is left over I spend on video games. Whether that is actually buying a video game or buying NX depends.

But I do have on and off periods. Sometimes I go months without buying NX, then sometimes I can easily spend 500+ a month on NX.

12. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

Lol im one of those super crazy people ....
    Total money i spend on maplestory is about $150,000 - $200,000 USD ..... 2006-2013

13. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

My god I don't even know what to say. D: Well I think I spent about 2500€ - 3000€ over the years. And that is a lot to me, considering I was only earning very little during that time.
    I think MapleStory taught me what addiction really means, I don't think I knew it or felt it that way before I started playing this game.

14. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

I have spent ~140 dollars on this game since 2006, mostly on clothes, 2x cards, a perm pet and ~30 dollars went to RLH keys.
    Prob going to go over 300 if a permanent tab for clothes ever appears in the CS again or a really good sale appears

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Mad props, but Holy Crap. How is that even possible/How are you able to do this? Do you literally drive from store to store and buy hundreds of NX cards?

Nexon should throw you a personal party every month.

16. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

This post made me lose my pomegranate, it's 2am.

I've spent soooooo much money on maple, 1200$/month for some years.
    I'm glad it's over now.

I'm not proud of it.

17. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i used to spend NX a lot last year or so, but after being done with my partisan, i stopped completely. i earn my meso for upgrades and stuff by playing now (although i'm terrible at it/lazy)

only thing i abused a bit was that special "alien PQ return" that a hacker caused, because for some reason i was able to go in. didn't make over 5 bil from it though ._. kept getting crap drops

18. Default Re: Do you spend real money on NX?

ya lol...... brought alot of nx...

2006 == mostly smega... smega like over 3,000times
    2007 == mostly smega... smega like over 4,000 times
    2008 == mostly smega... smega like over 3,000 times and gach over like 7,000time mainly for tiger chair and pinkbean chair .... now they are worthless .... thank to duper and nexon
    2009 == mostly pam song..... brought like 600 pam songs o.0 to scroll all my weapon to the best... but sadly white scroll got dupe and potential later came out....
    2010 == mostly cubes...... spen over 8,000 cubes
    2011 == mostly shielding ward spen over 400 shielding wards that was 11.9k nx each i think warding item everything to 8 star
    2012 == mostly super cubes... spen over 7,000 cubes
    2013 == now mostly return scroll .... spen over 400 return scroll so far

this game is too crazy ...

19. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

no option for rarely?

20. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Is the game crazy or are you?