IGN: Xoneration
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: ScrewAttack
    Alliance: AsOne
    usa

Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

Wondering what with curbrock thing is....

2. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

There's already quests for it in the data. Oddly although the image shows the Curbrock in CWK the person you get the quest from is Sabitrama who is in Sleepywood.

http://maplearchive.com/quest-wp.php?id=5499
    http://maplearchive.com/quest-wp.php?id=5500
    http://maplearchive.com/quest-wp.php?id=5501

There also appears to be at least 29 copies of this map so I'm guessing this might be an instanced boss event like Pink Zakum.
    http://maplearchive.com/map-wp.php?id=600050000
    through
    http://maplearchive.com/map-wp.php?id=600050029
    (replace the last 2 numbers in the id with 0 - 29)

I'm guessing this could either be some crappy Pink Zakum 2.0 or it could be like the Jett bounty hunter event where they hype up something ingame.
    Last edited by koplje; 2013-02-09 at 11:27 PM. Reason: letters aren't numbers woops

3. Proton Straight Male

IGN: Xoneration
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: ScrewAttack
    Alliance: AsOne
    usa

Well, I was more interested in the rewards from killing it, though if its like pink zakum, must be crappy....

4. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

iirc Curbrock is a boss you fight at level 30 and 60.
    Doesn't have to be a new character (my level 30 Evan/Aran character card mules from before the patch got them), but there's a max level cutoff I forgot to check.

Edit: Looking at those quest entries there, looks like three fights, 29 and under, 59 and under, 200 and under, but you have to have done the 59 and under fight.

5. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

Curbrock quests aren't working at the moment. Sabitrama doesn't let you fight it. It says it's under maintenance.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Is it mandatory or optional?

7. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

The quests to fight Curbrock are the ones that reward the Curbrock items, like that belt and ring.
    You don't need 'em for the full complete button that grants the medal and chair, but they are fairly decent items for the unfunded.

8. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

It was blocked in the unscheduled maintenance.

9. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

You're right about the rewards, but I don't think the Curbrock was ever intended to have anything to do with the Guide system. I'm pretty sure they're just filler exp and accessories that are more easily obtainable at lower levels for convenience.

10. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

Hayato and Kanna... I've been dreaming of playing them ever since JMS introduced them.
    (I go crazy for Japanese stuff, especially if it has to do with Maple. And katanas...I really want to use one!!)

I hope character slot maximum will be expanded, if not I can't make them on my main world. ):
    I'm also curious whether those teddy pets are permanent or not. I'd love to buy all three if they don't expire!

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I'm really interested in whether Kanna and Hayato will come with the events they did in JMS, such as the full unique (unique design, not potential) armour sets as you level up, free weapons with potential, hot time hats and stuff.
    Also the Sengoku coin events where you could buy reverse Fans and Katana's for like 60 coins (I got to level 50 on my Kanna, and had about 50 coins, so they were rather easy to get)

Already planning all my equips for Kanna, it's such a shame that I can't get the fans yet! D:
    Got some nice STR % gear too for Hayato, including a %STR tempest ring.

12. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

It should. Since they've placed an order of sorts on the JMS characters, it would make sense to get the corresponding events, its like free content they can throw at us.

13. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

So ready for Kanna. I may be a poorpapaya for never buying NX for power, but I've managed to round up 32% int so far, will be my first character with more than just 6% earrings. >_>

14. Default Re: GMS v128 - Guide System

I just got all three of the Demon Pets! *o*
    (I'm too lazy to wait and see whether the Teddy Bear pets are perma or not...)