Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

So recently i found an interesting thread in MSEA forum about their going-to-be-released Mihile job, and the owner stated something which i never really thought before:

I copy the whole text from the owner. Credits to him though.

I admit I did not pay much attention when i did the questline on my mihile last time since i created him for the link skill only  Anyway, anyone figure out why Nexon creates Mihile?

2. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

And I'll repeat the answer that was given there: To suck more money out of the players.

3. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

It was probably to give deeper information about the Cygnus Knights and the backstory of the Knights. For people who want ot keep the story to themselves: Spoiler alert. Otherwise, keep reading.
    As you can see pretty much before level 30, is that Cygnus had been looking, along with Neinheart, for the son of the Knight of Light, the Nameless Waren that had been working at that very shop. Mihile was his name because it means 'Born from Light', as Cygnus stated when she gave him her Name. I only leveled him to level 50 now, beeing lazy like I am, but it seems to have quite the backstory. Neinheart wants to ensure the worth of Cygnus, while she herself actually cares about him. Irena is soon a company of them, and Mihile feels challanged by her because she does everything so well. He takes up a difficult task, fulfilling it, but Neinheart scolds him as he should always let himself get helped, and Irena was the one who felt bad herself, since she thought of Mihile as the 'better' Knight. The thought about the Knight of Wind, or anything else, didn't even exist back then.
    It shows how important Cygnus is to Mihile, as she didn't only give him a name and his powers, but because he was able to learn from the world, and not only be a nameless Warned for the rest of his life. You could say she took the place of his Mother in some way, while he also wanted to find out about his Father.
    I havn't played the class past level 50, so I don't know the FULL story, but I cretainly will play it a bit more, because the story is the main thing about Mihile, not even the playstyle.

I hope I got everything right here. I really wonder about Oz, Hawkeye, and especially Eckart.

4. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

So you are looking forward the release of other chief knights?

Judging from Nexon Korea's current trend of revamping cygnus knights, the chance is minimal though.

5. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

I always figured Mihile to be the empress' personal body guard and the strongest of them all. I think that is why he gets his own individual class. Knowing nexon we'll eventually get the next four because that's now "high leveled content".

6. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

OBVIOUSLY Cygnus and Mihile are having a secret relationship

7. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

8. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

I like Mihile. It gave me Stance. Stance is good.

9. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

i will fight him to the DEATH FOR HER HAND

it actually seems to me like she's awfully oblivious or sees him as something else. mihile meanwhile falls flat on his face.
    (i like the idea of mother-son relation, it makes more sense because of the storyline)

the stance is nice, but there are no other chief knight classes. just him. there are dawn warriors already. this is why the whole idea irks me

10. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

11. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Hardly. New classes and cubes are considered content and that's what Nexon uses to make a majority of their money.

It's not a matter of if Nexon will release the other Cheif Knights, it's when.
    Still have 3 Nova and a speshul 3rd Bowman Branch. Then Xenon's "hybrid" mechanic can be used to throw even more at us.

To me, Mihile was probably meant as a filler money-grabber to wait for the next new classes. I did enjoy his storyline however and enjoyed what it brought, though I can't say the same for the gameplay.

12. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

I'm really curious about the relationship between him and Cygnus. He seems like falling in love with Cygnus but Cygnus is just too oblivious about that.

13. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

But Cygnus is like 13. Also, he'd have to contend with Phantom.

14. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

Phantom sees Cygnus as a daughter, no romantic interest.

Also, this is why Nexon released Mihile:

15. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

I like to think of it as a fun triangle because of KMS's Valentine's day image last year... (not the GMS edit)

Mihile probably has a liking for Cygnus....
    Cygnus is oblivious to Mihile and has a kiddy crush on Neinheart....
    Neinheart is a work-a-holic, get your lazy ass back to work.

16. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

Let's not even mention Phantom here. Just to be clear, Luminous does think that Cygnus is quite similar to Aria and we get a brief glimpse of Aria in Phantom's opening intro when Phantom is looking at Cygnus, but those are just things to clue us in that Phantom still thinks of Aria a lot even though he actually only mentions her once except for his final quest and said final quest comes as a great horror to him because one of Aria's murderers is possessing him to kill another Empress and he still feels like he caused her death by being careless.

That does not mean Phantom is in love with Cygnus or vice versa. Cygnus admires Phantom because he saved her and he's one of the old Heroes who also knew her late aunt, while Phantom respects her because he can see that she has some of Aria's qualities and she's young but she attempts to be responsible. That's all and nothing more.

[/serious business]

17. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

Okay, she loves Nienheart afterall, and Mihile does not mind at all.

18. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

HAHAHA THE CANNONEER. I think the forever alone feel on him is actually hilarious.

19. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

I think the real reason only Mihile got upgraded to playable status is because everyone (that speaks english at least) hated the class. It's basically a Dawn Warrior with lasers and a normal level cap and some things borrowed from Demon Slayer. (The shield concept, they both have the same 60% Defense and Status Resist skill, etc.) They probably saw this and scrapped the others, which they most likely had planned due to how much easier it is to make classes that are similar to already existing ones.

20. Default Re: Nexon's intention of creating Mihile job?

Money. That's all it is anymore. They built their money maker around the need to have more gear. You need to gear new classes. You need to have more gear because everything good is locked to a single character. You need said gear to do half the content in the game. Therefore, you buy more gear, and buy the buffs to said gear, and Nexon makes money. So long as they continue to make money, they will continue to make classes, regardless of how retarded.

The only reason the other four instructors haven't been made playable yet, and potentially never will be, is because of the massive negative response to Mihile.