Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Can you point to where I said that.

2. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

If people are avoiding the thread including you because of fear that the story might be spoiled for you (even though I think that's what spoilers are intended for, correct me if I'm wrong), I'm assuming that's all you have to discuss, nothing about the, well the game mechanics you aren't familiar with

That ending
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2013-02-10 at 04:47 PM.

3. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

The only real "end-game" is to cap all your units and get full completion for everything. Which takes forever, but still kind-of pointless. I'll admit though, having a fully maxed out StreetPass team is rather satisfying.

4. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

From what I've read up on, Awakening does a pretty good job of easing new people into the Fire Emblem mechanics and gameplay.

I think most discussion would be about what units you use and who you reclass into what, favorite pairings, and which Chapter you hate to all hell.

.....and then there's tiers. Too hardcore for me.

5. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

So I tried lunatic last night. It's ridiculous. I managed to barely get through the first 4 chapters so that I can grind at DLC. Oh my god, it's hell, and there's an even higher difficulty than that...

To give you an idea, none of your units besides frederick can survive a battle. I mean it's all dependent on circumstances but, I gurrantee half your health gone from the retaliation of attacking. So all of your units besides frederick are nothing but fodder for the first 4 chapters, which is ridiculous.

Not only that, but on the 3rd chapter, one of the enemies has a hammer, and you essentially have to keep restarting over and over again until he misses you with his 56% rate. That's assuming you have the sword equiped even though majority of your enemy units use lances. It may have been my luck but the RNG bum fkd me so hard. Out of 8 tries, him hitting every single time (3 times with a critical on a 2% rate), I finally got him to miss and took him out.

6. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

What Asset/Flaw did you choose for your avatar on lunatic? I'm not sure what to pick. I went with the default HP/LUK on normal since I didn't really care, but I want to choose a better combination on Lunatic if it gives me any better chance of survival later on.

7. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

It really doesn't matter since all the stats can be maxed. I prefer swordmasters/assassins so I did str/magic. On my first run I did the opoosite, and he was a monster as a dark knight, bulky and powerful. I'm not sure if I'm going to regret my build but we'll see.

EDIT:

...So I restarted the file to try to round out my units a bit more so training isn't nigh impossible. Flew through chapters 1-4 as I had the general strategy this time around. I swear even the DLC is ridiculous, all your units are level 1-5 while they are level 8+ with unique weapons which are two hitting your strongest unit frederick.

TIPS:

For DLC, you just have to grind seth out until he's a decent level to solo and take a hit. After that you give him bronze weapons to weaken the enemy with lots of vulnaries, where your other characters finish them off (It gives you 70% per kill iirc). The trick is, and you'll find it impossible to take on 3 goddamn mages with any unit, is to kill the mage on the bottom right of the map on the first turn, then kill off the pegasus knight so that your allies don't get killed off early. They'll kill off erika and 1/3 mages.

After that you pray that you don't criticled by the other two mages, or Lyn, who's a pineappleing swordmaster. I also reccomend that you pair up frederick with Loque, as it adds speed/skill which makes double hitting more frequent, then switch with the cleric to get +2 res to take out the boss.
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2013-02-13 at 08:17 AM.

8. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

...So I restarted the file to try to round out my units a bit more so training isn't nigh impossible. Flew through chapters 1-4 as I had the general strategy this time around. I swear even the DLC is ridiculous, all your units are level 1-5 while they are level 8+ with unique weapons which are two hitting your strongest unit frederick.

TIPS:

For DLC, you just have to grind Frederick out until he's a decent level to solo and take a hit. After that you give him bronze weapons to weaken the enemy with lots of vulnaries, where your other characters finish them off (It gives you 70% per kill iirc). The trick is, and you'll find it impossible to take on 3 goddamn mages with any unit, is to kill the mage on the bottom right of the map on the first turn, then kill off the pegasus knight so that your allies don't get killed off early. They'll kill off erika and 1/3 mages.

After that you pray that you don't criticled by the other two mages, or Lyn, who's a pineappleing swordmaster. I also reccomend that you pair up frederick with Loque, as it adds speed/skill which makes double hitting more frequent, then switch with the cleric to get +2 res to take out the boss.

9. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Yeah, at the beginning of the game Frederick's DEF is ridiculous compared to enemy units. In casual he two shots everything and rarely takes damage.

I take it, Khaini, that you are playing on Immortal units rather than Mortal units? In other words, when you lose a unit, does he still stay in your squad?

10. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I'm trying to get lunatic/Classic on my streetpass, so mortal. Frederick has a class advantage which is why he has said advantage, the problem is it's not enough by chapter 2, they will lower his HP down to 2-3 easily if you place him wrong, or even kill him depending on crit's.

11. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Money DLC gives like 70k per run if you can kill everything on the map. Useful if you want to try to grind out a bit of money and hire your avatar unit from lower difficulties (mine costs like 87k :/). I think that would help Lunatic players.

12. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

It's difficult to even kill those units, you have to start with DLC 1 (marths map) to kill your reliance on frederick because most enemies jump to level 8-9 while frederick is barely level 10. Your other units wont be past level 5 if that. I did find a perfect set up for the DLC where I can train any character, currently my entire roster is nearly level 20. I'll post it if anyone has the balls to attempt lunatic. B

13. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

To add onto the money DLC, all of the unit's are class 2+ which means unkillable for awhile >_>; The problem with lunatic is that the first 5 chapters are the hardest because you can't grind. When you get the chance, it's still really difficult and even then the units do more than half their hp in one hit. You'd have to reclass at least once for you to be able to steamroll and throw caution in the wind. Maybe even twice.

14. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I stand corrected. It seems the 3rd DLC is all these mixture of unit's, high and low level, who don't even attack you. They literally run right by you. Although their retaliation is still pretty painful lol

15. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I think the next DLC in this set works in the same way as the money DLC too, except every unit is an Entombed. If it's like the money map and there are some that are possible to kill when you're early in the game, it'd be a real good map to grind in since they never actually attack you.

16. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I finally got it! been going to Gamestop after school every day for the past week, but they were always out of stock I just ended up downloading it.

17. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Tips who are stupid enough, like me, to do lunatic

18. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Grinding in a Fire Emblem game?

That's new.

19. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

It really isn't. It just used to involve an arena/letting bosses heal instead of whatever Khaniwest is doing. Clearly he needs to man up and do lunatic the hardcore way without using any of the DLC.

20. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

It's impossible unless you grind chrome throughout the first 5 chapters and solo with nosferatu. Even then it's more luck based than strategy. It should give you an idea how much the difference is when level 50 characters are on par with the AI.

No one has beaten luna/luna + without grinding or abusing MU/Chrome with nosferatu.

edit:

I CREATED A FIRE EMBLEM GOD.

Astra- Lets my unit attack 5 times at halve damage. Trigger is 2/skill (which is 40)
    Lifetaker- Restore 50% of my hp if enemy dies
    Galeforce- Lets me move again if enemy dies
    pavise- halves damage from axes/swords/lances/beaststones

Then I switch up Veteran which gives my units 50% more exp and SOL which recovers HP to the damage I dealt. I was going to get vantage but I rarely allow my units below half hp anyway lol
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2013-02-19 at 09:06 AM.